• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Fuzzy94

Apr 12, 2019
I am confused as to what, if anything, is the difference between the tourniquet method and the 'night night' method. In one thread somebody told me that night night was just a variation on tourniquet. But the night night mega thread describes night night as being painless and 100% effective if done properly. Whereas the tourniquet mega thread says it can be painful and there's a risk of failing and getting brain damage if you thrash about and the tourniquet comes off.

I understand that the night night method is essentially trying to produce a 'blood choke' on yourself by compressing the carotid arteries. Is the tourniquet method trying to do the same thing? And if so, then why is tourniquet thought to be more painful and more risky?

I am very limited in what methods I can do due to my situation. I have a chronic illness and live with my family. I don't think I could get, for example, sodium nitrite without them finding out. Not sure I could get the right materials for the night night method either. So I might be left with tourniquet.... but I really don't want to risk brain damage.

Reactions: Bluefish and Ἡγησίας
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
But the night night mega thread describes night night as being painless and 100% effective if done properly.
I remember seeing that percentage mentioned in the thread; unfortunately, it's false. There are very few things that are 100%.

Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
Everything is 100% effective if done "properly."

• Love
Reactions: Peaceful_Sam
L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Not sure I could get the right materials for the night night method either.
In the last revision (24 March 2019) of PPeH, in the Korean method topic, there is a description of method very similar to 'night-night', but with other materials:
Ruth marks the location of the baroreceptors, then applies a velcro band around the neck with hard objects (she suggested two cut potato pieces!) positioned over the marked baroreceptor locations to apply the pressure and initiate the 'fatal faint'

Reactions: Ἡγησίας and Egddios
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
With the night-night method (virtually the same concept as the Korean method mentioned above), the idea is to place objects over the baroreceptor locations of the carotid arteries, between the ligature and the neck, in order to focus pressure on the required locations. As such, the ligature shouldn't need to be tightened as much to produce the same effect, and should therefore (in theory) be more comfortable as less pressure is applied to the trachea.

Note that the tourniquet itself is just another ligature, and can be used as an alternative to the ratchet strap in the night-night method.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
F

Fuzzy94

Apr 12, 2019
In the last revision (24 March 2019) of PPeH, in the Korean method topic, there is a description of method very similar to 'night-night', but with other materials:

Thanks. I've been unable to open the 2019 peaceful pill handbook document that is shared on sanctioned suicide website. Would you be able to copy and paste the whole page on the "Korean option" for me, please?

L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
@Fuzzy94 PPeH by anonfile link is still available https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...book-march-24-2019-revision.14416/post-283292

• Love
Reactions: Fuzzy94