LastBusStop

LastBusStop

glass half empty
May 16, 2022
I think I'm at my end, recently realized I might not graduate high school (senior). I put in my all. everything I had for what? This is another reminder that I'm not fit for life, if I can't even manage something as simple as high school what can I expect late in life? I'm an idiot, nothing comes naturally to me, the end is near I can feel it.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05, Journeytoletgo, rogeriocansadinho and 3 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Hey friend. I'm not so sure high school is all that simple, really. I know it's been quite a few years since I was there, but I remember a lot of stupid peer pressure, the need to conform, the rejections from girls, and the day-to-day turmoil going on in a teenager's (mine) head that made just about everything and anything that happened the biggest deal in the world. Everything negative that happened was the end of the world. Couple all that with having to juggle 6 or 7 classes with homework and studying for tests and final exams, and I don't see the high school experience as all that simple. I think taken as a whole, it was one of the most complicated times I've ever had in my life, quite frankly.

Reactions: 710, LastBusStop and Cathy Ames
meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
Maybe high school was a distraction for you. You could take some time off and study for the GED later without these distractions. At any rate you can still make a living without a high school diploma. It seems from what you have written that you have sufficient logic to succeed. You just have to figure out what you are good at.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, LastBusStop, Cathy Ames and 2 others
G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
Please dont do that. There are more dropouts whom become multi millionaires . These test papars are just papers. Do not justify your potiential, you might be the next van goul who knows.

S

silentvoice

Nov 23, 2019
Trust me, as someone who dropped out of college, you are going to need some form of education if you want to be employed these days. High school sucks but you are almost at the finish line, so don't give up just yet. Plus if you aren't fit for academics there are always trade schools and other vocations you could pick.

High School sucks for a lot of people because it assigns your worth based on you earning A's or B's on a piece of paper, not whether you actually know whatever the hell you are learning about. It's even worse because you are still not independent yet so you haven't gotten out and really seen what's past your classroom. So that worldview of having to earn your place in this world by conforming is all you know in life and it sucks.

I can't promise you it'll get better, but I can promise you that there's more to the world out there than what you see in your classroom. There's a place for you somewhere so don't give up just yet.

Reactions: LastBusStop, 710, whywhywhy and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are in this situation, I can imagine that it must be really tiring and stressful having to deal with the pressure of school. I also see myself as not being meant for this world in many ways. I hope that you find relief from your suffering in whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: LastBusStop
LastBusStop

LastBusStop

glass half empty
May 16, 2022
Trust me, as someone who dropped out of college, you are going to need some form of education if you want to be employed these days. High school sucks but you are almost at the finish line, so don't give up just yet. Plus if you aren't fit for academics there are always trade schools and other vocations you could pick.

High School sucks for a lot of people because it assigns your worth based on you earning A's or B's on a piece of paper, not whether you actually know whatever the hell you are learning about. It's even worse because you are still not independent yet so you haven't gotten out and really seen what's past your classroom. So that worldview of having to earn your place in this world by conforming is all you know in life and it sucks.

I can't promise you it'll get better, but I can promise you that there's more to the world out there than what you see in your classroom. There's a place for you somewhere so don't give up just
I was at the finish line it's too late now, should've tried harder. I know the least I could do is graduate I'll have to see what else I can do.

• Hugs
Reactions: silentvoice
whywhywhy

whywhywhy

Jun 11, 2021
I was at the finish line it's too late now, should've tried harder. I know the least I could do is graduate I'll have to see what else I can do.
As someone whose college years were absolute hell and kept doubting myself all that time I can say that once you get a job it gets better. Now you start doing things that actually matter and have a point. Struggling in studying pointless subjects doesnt mean you cant have a career you can feel proud about, there are plenty of jobs like that. My advice is try to look for any job you may like and try to get the bare minimum education to get there. Once you get an entry job your academic record will barely matter and people will hire you based on your experience

S

silentvoice

Nov 23, 2019
Even if you don't manage to graduate it's not the end of the world. Besides, you shouldn't base your worth on whether or not you do anyway. Lots of people did terrible in school and managed to live comfortable lives, so you aren't alone at all.

Like I said, there is more to the world out there than what goes on in class, so don't beat yourself up over it too much. Just try to be more forgiving to yourself, look at what you can do, and find your own worth. You shouldn't think of yourself as a failure because you didn't fit into the "proper" path society lays out for you, so don't sell yourself short ok?

StrangePossum

StrangePossum

Dec 22, 2021
Hey friend, I'm sorry that things are so hard for you right now. I almost didn't graduate high school too, and I remember thinking similarly at the time -- I thought it was the end for me. Everyone around me seemed to be telling me, "this is so easy, why can't you do this if it's so easy?" But, honestly, high school is so much harder than most people give it credit for. I remember my high school experience being so stressful and difficult. Trying to balance classes, grades, friendships, trying to fit in, worrying about the future, all on top of dealing with an abusive family and undiagnosed mental illness? It was horrible, and there were a lot of times when I thought I wasn't going to make it. If you couldn't handle it, it doesn't mean there is something wrong with you, it means the system is deeply flawed and broken. It has been for a long time.

But also, IMO high school really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. I know it seems like it's the most important thing you'll ever do while you're there, or at least it did for me. But truthfully, the second I got out of there I could look back on it and say "you know what, that whole thing was really weird and fucked up and kind of stupid." This doesn't have to be the end for you. I don't know all the details of your situation, but if you're in the US there are a lot of opportunities for you to have a second chance -- you can study for your GED, or you might be able to continue studying next year to finish your HS diploma (my school had a 5th year program like that), or there are even online programs nowadays that allow you to get your diploma. You can go to community college or trade school if you want to -- I'm at a CC right now, and for the most part it's been a great opportunity to start over and figure out what I want to do. It's amazing how much less dumb shit there is here compared to high school. Sure, I still struggle here and I probably will in the future, but it's so much better here because it's okay to struggle. I hope you will be okay, friend. I don't know everything you are dealing with, but this doesn't have to be the end for you if you don't want it to be.

• Love
Reactions: LastBusStop
LastBusStop

LastBusStop

glass half empty
May 16, 2022
"this is so easy, why can't you do this if it's so easy?"
It is easy, there's people in third-world countries with rampant poverty graduating, there's just something wrong with my brain. My main problem is attendance, my grades are fine but I can't bring myself to go. I'll have to figure it out either way.