• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
Has anyone tried TMS to alleviate depressive symptoms? If so, what was your experience like?

I've been on Zoloft for almost a year and I feel like it's not as effective as it used to be. Do you think it's worth a shot? My insurance should cover it.

Felodese

Felodese

Mar 31, 2024
I've tried rTMS. It didn't work for me, but if you have the opportunity to try it, I'd still say you should go for it. It's worth a try, and unlike ECT it doesn't have the risk of permanent side effects. I only had a light headache.

Reactions: manta
arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
I'm currently on my way to my 31th session which is also my first session on my left head side.

Unfortunately it doesn't do shit so far apart from taking a lot of my time (over one hour by train every time). No side effects.

I think you should try medication first if you haven't already. Here you can only get rTMS of two other therapies or medications did not work.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
No side effects for me but it didn't do anything. I don't believe benefiting from it is that common to be honest. But it might be worth trying nonetheless.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I've tried rTMS. It didn't work for me, but if you have the opportunity to try it, I'd still say you should go for it. It's worth a try, and unlike ECT it doesn't have the risk of permanent side effects. I only had a light headache.
People have had permanent side effects.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Didn't help waste of 5 grand

Felodese

Felodese

Mar 31, 2024
Hadn't heard of the side effects. In retrospect, that does not feel great... The whole set up, as described, seems very different from what I experienced, though. But, different country, slightly different method with rTMS, and all of that 🤷‍♂️

Trillbilly

Trillbilly

Apr 19, 2024
TMS didn't do anything for me. However the clinic I went to also administered ketamine which did help for about 6 months but wore off after that. But I'd still say Ketamine is the most promising medication for mental disorders imo.

Reactions: m4rius