Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
It's so frustrating how completely unforgiving time is. Once it slips on by, there's no going back, only forward. I find this so unbelievably irritating and annoying. If everything we do is great, and every decision we make is great, then everything is fine. But as soon as we screw up, or make a really bad decision, yikes, the effects of this can be carved in stone for the rest of our lives.

I find myself looking back at the decisions I've made in my life, especially the ones that have damaged my health, and I think holy cow, what was I thinking? I know I wasn't high on drugs or anything, so why didn't I see the right decision, it was right there in front of me! I seem to be really good at making great decisions after the fact, when I'm looking back in the rearview mirror. But at the time, in the present, which is all that really matters when making decisions, not so much. At least that's the way it seems anyway.

What's really bizarre about but the entire situation, is that my wife and I have actually done pretty well financially in life. It's mainly just bad decisions that have affected my health, that I'm really pissed off at myself about. I find myself regretting these decisions so much, and going over in my mind all the ways that I could have easily avoided stepping on the landmines. Regret is really not a very fun emotion! I feel like it's just brutal how time only goes in one direction. It would be really nice if Doc Brown (from Back to the Future) could come up with a time machine for us all to use!

Is anybody else out there experiencing anything remotely similar?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, hopelesswanderer and intellectdisabledus