iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
Yea hangings are the most common.

Handgun suicides more common in my area yup.

As for whether 357s or 38s are more common, hard to tell, they are not so common that i remember all the details down to the caliber of ammunition sorry
I remember you said full suspension was more common but do you see any partials (doorknobs)? Of the firearms, what is the most common? In mouth, side of head, under chin?

Reactions: wren-briar
S

stopmesuffering

Aug 15, 2024
You say SN didn't work for yo. Can you give us any reasons why you think not?

I would say take some of the things that you see on here with a grain of salt. I came to this site, downloaded the guide and tried SN which unfortunately did not work for me. Unfortunately it's look like a handgun to the head is going to be my method. Ideally I don't want to do something so 'violent'. I am really scared of that method and it not working and traumatizing some poor soul who has to find me. My preference would be to be able to go somewhere, be put to sleep and have my organs donated to people who want to live and then be creamented or terramation to not create any polution...

There are alot of people who come on this site and post their morbid curiosities as opposed to people really being supported, there are usually big influx of fake profiles and 'saviors' who show up when an article comes out linking this page. Some person is guilt ridden and blames this site for the person ctbing.. you work with death so I am sure you have seen the guilt, the greed, the greif.. don't need to explain that to you.

With that being said, there are some very 'normal' people on here.. We are just tired of this world and tired of exisiting, there are some here who are physically sick and would prefer to go out on their own terms instead of having to spend months or years in severe pain and suffering.

Out in the 'real' world you can't talk about it.... People want to label those of us who don't want to be here as 'crazy'... Hey spend a week in a facility or chin up or get medicated and you'll be fine... just 'be happy'.. or someone has it worse, or don't worry it will get better... or whatever other bullshit people say that makes them feel better.

Anyway. Welcome to our little corner of the internet.

InterestedParty

InterestedParty

Funeral Director
Oct 5, 2024
I remember you said full suspension was more common but do you see any partials (doorknobs)? Of the firearms, what is the most common? In mouth, side of head, under chin?
Maybe 2-3 partials i can remember.

Side of head most common.

• Informative
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and wren-briar
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
Maybe 2-3 partials i can remember.

Side of head most common.
Interesting thanks. I would have thought in mouth for some reason. Not a ton of partials. It seems celebrities pull that off but not sure about the rest of the population šŸ¤”

InterestedParty

InterestedParty

Funeral Director
Oct 5, 2024
Interesting thanks. I would have thought in mouth for some reason. Not a ton of partials. It seems celebrities pull that off but not sure about the rest of the population šŸ¤”
Followed closely by in the mouth.

Hahaha ya idk maybe thats how its taught in hollywood, who knows

iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
Followed closely by in the mouth.

Hahaha ya idk maybe thats how its taught in hollywood, who knows
Sometimes I think we overthink. Robin Williams belt doorknob. Kate Spade scarf doorknob. Anthony Bourdain robe belt shower head. Chris Cornell exercise band door. Chester Bennington belt doorknob. First try I'm guessing bc no one talked about previous attempts. We have pages of ppl who have tried and can't even pass out. Really makes you wonder šŸ¤”

• Informative
Reactions: alienfreak, ladylazarus4 and wren-briar
C

CannotAnymore

Apr 29, 2022
You say SN didn't work for yo. Can you give us any reasons why you think not?
In 2018 I weighed considerably less than I do when I tried in 2022. So I didn't take enough. It's not easy to drink..... So I should have used more.

• Informative
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
Combo pilot and funeral director! Hey, that's an even more unusual occupational combination than mine used to be! If your plane crashes and you're the only survivor you could come in handy. Just kidding - it's not a bad omen to joke about something like that. What is a bad omen is to brag about how you never had the slightest accident or never got sick or injured, something like that. I found that out the hard way.

I think you mentioned that you see two types of self inlicted gunshot wounds most often, temple and mouth. Any educated opinion on their respective efficacy, esp. regarding a shotgun? But then you wouldn't come across survivors...

InterestedParty

InterestedParty

Funeral Director
Oct 5, 2024
Combo pilot and funeral director! Hey, that's an even more unusual occupational combination than mine used to be! If your plane crashes and you're the only survivor you could come in handy. Just kidding - it's not a bad omen to joke about something like that. What is a bad omen is to brag about how you never had the slightest accident or never got sick or injured, something like that. I found that out the hard way.

I think you mentioned that you see two types of self inlicted gunshot wounds most often, temple and mouth. Any educated opinion on their respective efficacy, esp. regarding a shotgun? But then you wouldn't come across survivors...

From what I have heard, when it comes to guns there really isn't any 100% sure way to make sure you die. I have seen plenty of videos and photos online of people surviving what look like death sentences. I can't comment anymore past that as im not an EMT on top of the other 2 occupations hahaha, I only ever get the ones that suceed.

• Informative
Reactions: wren-briar and lifeisbutadream
zombiegirl

zombiegirl

the living dead
Aug 17, 2023
what's the "weirdest" suicide you've come across? or just the most freakish death in general, suicide or not

Reactions: nihilistic_dragon and wren-briar
ko.atwd

ko.atwd

K
Jun 3, 2022
what preconceptions/opinions of yours have changed as a result of interacting with this forum?

• Love
InterestedParty

InterestedParty

Funeral Director
Oct 5, 2024
what's the "weirdest" suicide you've come across? or just the most freakish death in general, suicide or not
Weirdest suicide. Hmmmmmmmmm, Few months back a 12 year old left for school in the morning and decided to jump in front of a train. The family seemed normal enough and plenty of his friends showed up at his funeral. So as to why he did it? Who knows, just thought it was rather odd to do it in such a brutal manner before even trying out your teen years, but no point in what ifs.

As for freakish death, uhmmmmm feel free to send pm, this one is too specific to be put in public.
what preconceptions/opinions of yours have changed as a result of interacting with this forum?
Not many tbh.

Think im a bit of an odd person, don't really question peoples motives for wanting to CTB, if you want to do it, you know, go for it. If not, alright thats cool too. I do think there is a novelty in discussing a subject as taboo as suicide so openly though, like plenty of instances where someone asks for advice to kill themselves better, someone responds, then the original OP thanks them in the same way youd thank a barista for making you a cup of coffee hahaha

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: alienfreak, ko.atwd, LunarLight and 1 other person
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Sorry if this has been asked before but what led you to becoming a funeral director?

InterestedParty

InterestedParty

Funeral Director
Oct 5, 2024
Sorry if this has been asked before but what led you to becoming a funeral director?
Money, a morbid curiosity, and the schedule at the time got along with my pilot training I was doing at that point.

Neat little job

• Love
zombiegirl

zombiegirl

the living dead
Aug 17, 2023
Weirdest suicide. Hmmmmmmmmm, Few months back a 12 year old left for school in the morning and decided to jump in front of a train. The family seemed normal enough and plenty of his friends showed up at his funeral. So as to why he did it? Who knows, just thought it was rather odd to do it in such a brutal manner before even trying out your teen years, but no point in what ifs.

Sometimes you don't know what a person is going thru, and it's especially hard to tell if you're an outsider to said person's life. and just because a family/friends seems normal don't mean they are. i'm sure you're well aware of that as a funeral director though

Reactions: wren-briar and nihilistic_dragon
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
In this occasion his body was obliterated so everything was put into a body bag and placed into a casket.

In this case it was a cremation, but the family did request to see him in his condition after having to sign forms that basically amounted to not being responsible if you get traumatized.

Could they have requested an open casket?

As long as its not deemed a safety hazard yes, had a guy who used a revolver on his face, but the father insisted on an open casket.
Train is the easiest option for me, but, I would hate to be seen "obliterated" by my family. I can't imagine how much it could traumatize them

Also, a question, if someone state in their suicide note that they don't want an open casket, does the family / funeral director will have to agree with it ? Or, could they go against it ?

InterestedParty

InterestedParty

Funeral Director
Oct 5, 2024
Train is the easiest option for me, but, I would hate to be seen "obliterated" by my family. I can't imagine how much it could traumatize them

Also, a question, if someone state in their suicide note that they don't want an open casket, does the family / funeral director will have to agree with it ? Or, could they go against it ?
We would not have to agree with it.

Whoever is the "responsible party" (the one paying) gets final say on everything. EXCEPT if you had gone ahead and prearranged your funeral.

• Informative
Reactions: LivideLamb, ctb2soble and wren-briar
K

Kali_Yuga13

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
Have morticians noticed large blood clots in deaths in the last 4 years? Can you get a feel for immerging health trends by noticing patters around how people die?

• Love
Reactions: lifeisbutadream and wren-briar
InterestedParty

InterestedParty

Funeral Director
Oct 5, 2024
Have morticians noticed large blood clots in deaths in the last 4 years? Can you get a feel for immerging health trends by noticing patters around how people die?
1.Nope

2.Yes sort of, you can definitely tell when there is illness spreading in the Winter when we have an influx of elderly patients.

• Informative
Reactions: Kali_Yuga13 and wren-briar