Stay in a strong place in your mind
Mar 4, 2020
If you're a guest welcome, and if you're a member hello

Reactions: Green Destiny, mediocre, Jumper Geo and 4 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
That's always. They always outnumber us 2 sometimes 3 to 1.

Reactions: mediocre, Jumper Geo, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
I am wondering..

When we first arrive on the site, we are actually a guest, until we sign in, does that count stay there as a guest?

Once we sign out, It holds our names for an hour, as shown below.

Are we then registered as a guest for an amount of time?

Also, sometimes I looking at somethings, and do not sign in.

I'm sure there are guests, but the true count is unknown.

Ss

Reactions: Jumper Geo, 262653, Brick In The Wall and 3 others
HoolioCoolio

HoolioCoolio

Stay in a strong place in your mind
Mar 4, 2020
We need staff or admins to tell us about that @imroch

Reactions: Jumper Geo and Brick In The Wall
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
A couple/few months ago, there were a few/some moments that had over 1 thousand. I wonder when that was, and what was going on.. Possibly a suicide, or news, or.. I wonder if there is a log that is tracking daily.. But a log would not tell us what might have driven more here then. A tech person might be able to dissect the stats. What information does SS save..

And here we are on this little post, even someone who has a line across their name.

Site

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jumper Geo, Brick In The Wall and HoolioCoolio
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
A couple/few months ago, there were a few/some moments that had over 1 thousand. I wonder when that was, and what was going on.. Possibly a suicide, or news, or.. I wonder if there is a log that is tracking daily.. But a log would not tell us what might have driven more here then. A tech person might be able to dissect the stats. What information does SS save..

And here we are on this little post, even someone who has a line across their name.

View attachment 33207
That was the period we were hit with the big pro-life argument. Potential infiltration, lots of suspicious posts, no way of telling what was genuine and lots of paranoid members. Journalists too. Though I find it hard to imagine they made that many fake accounts. There are always going to be people on here with less than honourable intentions.

Reactions: HoolioCoolio, Green Destiny, Broken Chimera and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
The high numbers of guests may be related to people searching for methods due to COVID. For example, some folks are forced to be quarantined with abusers and may be pushed to suicide because they can't get any respite from them. Or there may be people fearing an apocalyptic scenario and planning an escape should the need arise.

Not everyone who needs the information also needs the community. I lurked for a long time and gathered info before I ever joined. I had no intention of becoming a member, but I wanted to use the site search feature as it became cumbersome to search using keywords and the site name in google.

Reactions: HoolioCoolio, Broken Chimera, Jumper Geo and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
You can tell when we're mentioned in the news or in a documentary. The guest count will skyrocket higher then usual.

As mentioned above not everyone comes here for the community. Some just use the resources without ever signing up. Some lurk (like I did) for long periods before they sign up too.

Reactions: HoolioCoolio and Jumper Geo
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
Morning all, I also fall asleep here, often :zzz: I did it again last night. My puter and I sleep together :smiling:

• Love
Reactions: HoolioCoolio, Jumper Geo and Deleted member 1465
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Why am I still here? ;-;:pfff:

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: HoolioCoolio and Epsilon0
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It's been that way since I got here. There are 10000+ members the majority of whom are inactive. I've never seen guest numbers more than a few hundred.