• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

waiting828leave

Jun 30, 2023
I'm not sure if I should post this, or anything at all. I'm unemployed for the 2nd time in a year due to my entire department getting laid off. I can't find fucking work. I can't drive, I only have call center and cooking experience, and no jobs are getting back to me. My therapist tried to tell me it was just fucking anxiety, like I wasn't laid off 6 months before that. I can't stand my fucking therapist, she just says "uh yeah okay wow" to fucking EVERYTHING. And as soon as the fucking session gets to the 47 min mark, it doesn't matter what I say. The next thing out of her mouth will be "when do you want to come next?" I can't stand paying 185 Dollars to a woman to sit at home and barely listen to me, while I have no fucking income. I don't even know why I posted this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas, landslide2, iloverachel and 2 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Then why are you paying $185 to someone who barely listens to you? They sound like a fucking asshole, but then again, psychotherapy and psychiatry are both fields mainly made up of self-absorbed assholes.

Reactions: sancta-simplicitas
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
See about switching to a new one. Talk therapy doesn't work for everyone, but it can, you might just have a shitty therapist. I'd give someone else a shot if I were you. Just don't worry about seeming rude or cutting them off too qucikly. It's their job, so if they get offended, that's silly an unprofessional on their behalf. Also, you can try looking into types of therapy that aren't talk therapy, maybe one will be better for you. It can't solve everything, but at least some support is a lot better than none.

Of course, it's your choice, and I totally get if you just want to give up on therapy. I have, for now. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time.

• Hugs
Reactions: landslide2 and waiting828leave
W

waiting828leave

Jun 30, 2023
Then why are you paying $185 to someone who barely listens to you? They sound like a fucking asshole, but then again, psychotherapy and psychiatry are both fields mainly made up of self-absorbed assholes.
Yeah you're right, but the thing is, I need a letter from a therapist/psychiatrist so I can get off of financial aid suspension at my local CC. I really want to go back to school, but the last time I was there was 10 years ago, and I just stopped going to classes so my GPA dropped and so did I. Now they're saying I need to fucking appeal it, and if it was due to mental health, they need a letter from a fucking professional.

• Hugs
Reactions: EvisceratedJester
SilverTiger

SilverTiger

Life is the night, I seek the warmth of the sun.
Apr 18, 2024
Yeah you're right, but the thing is, I need a letter from a therapist/psychiatrist so I can get off of financial aid suspension at my local CC. I really want to go back to school, but the last time I was there was 10 years ago, and I just stopped going to classes so my GPA dropped and so did I. Now they're saying I need to fucking appeal it, and if it was due to mental health, they need a letter from a fucking professional.

Most therapy is designed to change your perception, this works when your depression or anxiety is based on false premises you have set up. But what happens if it is real? What happens when you have anxiety, to stop yourself from getting terminated, then being unable to afford rent, then homeless?

Most therapy is conveniently, also nonsense. Designed to gaslight you into changing your perception of a real, given injustice.

Pay your due, pay her lipservice and just get your documents from her, this woman will not, or... Cannot understand you, most therapists will never understand you, to them you're just a case study they read from the DSM-V or ICD-11. If you are not responding to the treatments that their worthless Professor taught them, then they can't help you.

Goodluck Willing828Leave.

Reactions: babyharpseal, waiting828leave and sancta-simplicitas
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I can relate to therapy being useless and expensive
Been to 4 different ones before i realized therapy wasn't for me
Hope you find a better therapist and a job soon

Reactions: divinemistress36
landslide2

landslide2

May 6, 2024
The first psychiatrist/therapist I went to was terrible. Very expensive of course being a psych. He had his prestigious uni degrees on the walls. But he was a terrible listener, gross weak handshake as if a germaphobe. Not helpful, at all. One of the bestest therapists i've ever known was actually a close friend of mine. The type of person i learned some wonderful lessons through our conversations. She is the type of person that knows her work is difficult and also knows it's important to be 'present'. She spent time doing social work, as well as time spent with terminal cancer patients before becoming a full on therapist. what sucks is there isn't enough support from society, city, government because it can take some time finding someone you feel a connection with. And so much suffering right now, many can't afford and many are on waitlists. I hate how corrupt and greedy this world is.

Reactions: sancta-simplicitas
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
I feel you, friend. Therapy absolutely ruined my life and I've lost trust for the practice since. At best, they're a bunch of trust fund kids with hubris who's worst hardship in life was when their high school sweetheart broke up with them at age 14, at worst they're predators with a license to get near vulnerable people.