• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
I'm going to be departing soon. I have a question. I have severe cognitive damage and can't contemplate anymore anything. I want to ask something about death, for the people that believe something comes after, I want this to be true also, that's the only thing I have as far as hope for anything.

My question is, if there really is life after this somehow, then what does every living being resist so hard its own demise? Obviously not people who are suicidal, but people who aren't and other animals, they all resist their death and are terrified in its face. I'm worried that if there was something more why would there be so much fear terror and resistance?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GoatHerder, juna, landslide2 and 4 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
You can't long for something you don't know. No matter how bad your situation, there will still be that sliver of doubt about the unknown. The mind can mostly comprehend and trust in what it can see and touch or something that it can prove. There is a saying (hard to put in english..) I'd rather have the devil that I know of than an angel I don't know...it's also most humans mindset. We are afraid of the unknown that we cling on to the known, as bad as it may be.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: voudebase, CatLvr, juna and 4 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
why would there be so much fear terror and resistance?
Nobody knows whether there's an afterlife or not - there are NDEs but the people who "returned" were "sent back" and the ones who stepped into the light never came back to report what it's like there.

From a biological POV it would be counterproductive if we (and all other living creatures) could off ourselves so easily. Survival and reproduction to keep the species alive at all costs is hard coded into our brains. That can't be switched off.

• Informative
Reactions: GoatHerder, CatLvr, juna and 2 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I'm going to be departing soon. I have a question. I have severe cognitive damage and can't contemplate anymore anything. I want to ask something about death, for the people that believe something comes after, I want this to be true also, that's the only thing I have as far as hope for anything.

My question is, if there really is life after this somehow, then what does every living being resist so hard its own demise? Obviously not people who are suicidal, but people who aren't and other animals, they all resist their death and are terrified in its face. I'm worried that if there was something more why would there be so much fear terror and resistance?

imo a lot of people here on this website don't resist their own demise but many here seek it. 29 million people attempt suicide worldwide each year. many here don't fear Death. certain Death to me is the most beautiful thing by a trillion times. I don't fear Death. what i fear is remaining alive with brain damage after a suicide attempt. so am i missing the "fear of Death" gene or is it that i thought about it and that there is no such gene ? (read zapffe the last Messiah) no i changed a lot of my beliefs after rationally thinking about them. Part of the reason I don't fear Death is because i'm sure of what Death is what is after Death , non-existence forever

Other animals don't know that they and everything will die . They don't know what Death is.

Animals don't know they are alive . most can't tell that's them in the mirror. human children can't tell that's them in the mirror only until age 18 months.

Death is an abstract concept. even human children don't understand what Death is only until age 7 do they begin to understand. to understand what Death is you have to understand that you will die , that Death is universal , inevitable , irriversilbe and permanent, an end to life . and then they must understand what life is too. I bet is i asked even adults to give a paragraph long description of what life is many would type differnt things.

A deer is not thinking there is a wolf i don't want to die. no there is a program in it's brain that says "see predator feel fear" there are models in it's brain of what is a predator. " see wolf = predator feal fear run" . there is no program i don't want to die because a deer or other animal doesn't know its going to die. it's just reacting.

Just like as the wolf sees the deer and knows it's food. the wolf is not thinking i need to eat that dear cause i want to live so bad. no it's hungry and it's looking for food and sees a dear " ah food must kil to eat" .

how can animals fear Death if they don't even know what Death is? they can't

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: littleinsanity, Nothing87, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
imo a lot of people here on this website don't resist their own demise but many here seek it. 29 million people attempt suicide worldwide each year. many here don't fear Death. certain Death to me is the most beautiful thing by a trillion times. I don't fear Death. what i fear is remaining alive with brain damage after a suicide attempt. so am i missing the "fear of Death" gene or is i that i thought about it and that there is no such gene ? (read zapffe the last Messiah) no i changed a lot of my beliefs after rationally thinking about them. Part of the reason I don't fear Death is because i'm sure of what Death is what is after Death

Other animals don't know that they and everything will die . They don't know what Death is.

Animals don't know they are alive . most can't tell that's them in the mirror. human children can't tell that's them in the mirror only until age 18 momths.

Death is an abstract concept. even human children don't understand what Death is only until age 7 do they begin to understand. to understand what Death is you have to understand that you will die , that Death is universal , inevitable , irriversilbe and permanent an end to life . and then they must understand what life is too. I bet is i asked even adults to give a paragraph long description of what life is many would type differnt things.

A deer is not thinking there is a wolf i don't want to die. no there is a program in it's brain that says "see predator feel fear" there are models in it's brain of what is a predator. " see wolf = predator feal fear run" . there is no program i don't want to die because a deer or other animal doesn't know its going to die. it's just reacting.

Just like as the wolf sees the deer and knows it's food. the wolf is not thinking i need to eat that dear cause i want to live so bad. no it's hungry and it's looking for food and sees a dear " ah food must kil to eat" .

how can animals fear Death if they don't even know what Death is? they can't

One of mankind's greatest flaws is there insistence that other creatures are not intelligent, capable of thought or sentient also, so I can't get on board with that but I understand what you're saying.
You can't long for something you don't know. No matter how bad your situation, there will still be that sliver of doubt about the unknown. The mind can mostly comprehend and trust in what it can see and touch or something that it can prove. There is a saying (hard to put in english..) I'd rather have the devil that I know of than an angel I don't know...it's also most humans mindset. We are afraid of the unknown that we cling on to the known, as bad as it may be.
That's definitely what I've been doing for a while, but I the way I exist is a crime against everything I was and everything good in this world. It's evil what happened to me. And I have to put it to rest. Thank you for this, these words.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, CatLvr and not-2-b-the-answer
C

CantDoIt

Experienced
Jul 18, 2024

My question is, if there really is life after this somehow, then what does every living being resist so hard its own demise? Obviously not people who are suicidal, but people who aren't and other animals, they all resist their death and are terrified in its face. I'm worried that if there was something more why would there be so much fear terror and resistance
From the evolutionary perspective, we already know the answer.

From then perspective of those who have experienced NDEs, it's because we are here to have experiences and because the afterlife is better there needs to be a way to convince us to stay. People who have had NDEs often look forward to dying even if they are not suicidal in the traditional way, although some certainly do become suicidal.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, CatLvr, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
We fear the unknown it is terrifying and it's encoded in us to survive no matter how shitty life is it's a sick mechanism of our meatsuits

• Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, GoatHerder and Aprilfarewell4
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
We fear the unknown it is terrifying and it's encoded in us to survive no matter how shitty life is it's a sick mechanism of our meatsuits
But do you think that's because there's really nothing after this and so the desperation to survive is complete? Don't you think that it would be less severe survival instinct if it just washed into something else beautiful? The long and short of it is I f***** up my life irreversibly and I can't stand one more breath of existence and I'm hoping that there is something, and that this couldn't have been it, this can't be real, what I've done to myself. But I also want people's honest answers not saying things to make me feel better. I want to know from people who really believe in reincarnation or some sort of afterlife, what they think, why, why do we have so much fear if there's something after? Thich naht hanh said the cloud does not fear death because she knows she will turn into something else like rain or snow that is equally beautiful. I don't know if that's real or not. And I also don't know if it only applies to people who got to live and die naturally as nature intended not people that f****** destroyed themselves with chemical poison drugs. I had no idea this was going to happen to me. I had no idea.

• Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and GoatHerder
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
But do you think that's because there's really nothing after this and so the desperation to survive is complete? Don't you think that it would be less severe survival instinct if it just washed into something else beautiful? The long and short of it is I f***** up my life irreversibly and I can't stand one more breath of existence and I'm hoping that there is something, and that this couldn't have been it, this can't be real, what I've done to myself. But I also want people's honest answers not saying things to make me feel better. I want to know from people who really believe in reincarnation or some sort of afterlife, what they think, why, why do we have so much fear if there's something after? Thich naht hanh said the cloud does not fear death because she knows she will turn into something else like rain or snow that is equally beautiful. I don't know if that's real or not. And I also don't know if it only applies to people who got to live and die naturally as nature intended not people that f****** destroyed themselves with chemical poison drugs. I had no idea this was going to happen to me. I had no idea.
Good question , I personally have a belief in some sort of afterlife so it makes me want to die even more. I think fear is just programmed in us to stay. There is a channel on Youtube called Channeling Erik, its a woman who use to be a doctor and her son commited suicide and so she started a youtube channel of her with psychic mediums who channel deceased spirits . It could be total bs of course but its quite interesting to watch either way

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and CatLvr
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
Good question , I personally have a belief in some sort of afterlife so it makes me want to die even more. I think fear is just programmed in us to stay. There is a channel on Youtube called Channeling Erik, its a woman who use to be a doctor and her son commited suicide and so she started a youtube channel of her with psychic mediums who channel deceased spirits . It could be total bs of course but its quite interesting to watch either way
And you don't think it matters that I have severe brain damage from chemicals that killed the brain tissue? The part that was whoever I was was stored in there, the knowledge, and it's gone now. Do you think that matters? I want you to know like so many others here, I was a good person. It's not fair. Thank you for answering my questions.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36 and CatLvr
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
I believe there is an afterlife because I have been visited by relatives who have passed on before me. Before then, I wasn't sure. But now there is no doubt in my mind.

Interestingly, I have never feared death. Not even when I was a kid. I think I've mentioned before I've been told my whole life I have an "old soul". I don't understand why I'm the way I am but there it is.

There are lots of reasons why I haven't tried to ctb except once. But the biggest reason is I do NOT want to be stuck in that limbo between life and death where I am a vegetable and completely dependent on others. That, to me, is a fate worse than death and THAT scares the shit out of me.
And you don't think it matters that I have severe brain damage from chemicals that killed the brain tissue? The part that was whoever I was was stored in there, the knowledge, and it's gone now. Do you think that matters? I want you to know like so many others here, I was a good person. It's not fair. Thank you for answering my questions.
You are so right. It is NOT fair. šŸ˜¢

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I believe there is an afterlife because I have been visited by relatives who have passed on before me. Before then, I wasn't sure. But now there is no doubt in my mind.

Interestingly, I have never feared death. Not even when I was a kid. I think I've mentioned before I've been told my whole life I have an "old soul". I don't understand why I'm the way I am but there it is.

There are lots of reasons why I haven't tried to ctb except once. But the biggest reason is I do NOT want to be stuck in that limbo between life and death where I am a vegetable and completely dependent on others. That, to me, is a fate worse than death and THAT scares the shit out of me.

You are so right. It is NOT fair. šŸ˜¢
I also have a big fear of becoming a vegetable. I bet that was very comforting having them visit you
I feel like brain damage/mental illness disconnects us from our true selves its not fair

Reactions: GoatHerder and CatLvr
S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024
I'm not sure if you are looking for reassurance or true opinions but since you asked, here goes. It's the fear of the unknown, of course. Personally, and ironically, I would prefer if I did/could just believe in nothingness after this life. Just an end to this suffering and pain and that's it. I ONLY would prefer this because of my fear of eternal hell after. Many are saying they "look forward to what's next" but what is next could be MUCH worse and it's for eternity. I always had hoped that living my life according to the principles of God would get me to heaven and eternal peace. Now that this has happened to me, and I can not withstand it (because it's like being in a burning building), I fear the opposite because of suicide. We are not meant to suicide. It's wrong on a natural level and is sinful and often times, selfish and self serving. There have been a lot of images, dreams and accounts by very holy people of hell. I have been told that I will go to hell if I suicide. I can only pray for God's mercy on me, that He will spare me, because of how bad this is for me and He knows that I wanted to do good in this life. I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted but you asked.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and GoatHerder