W

Want2DieSooooBad

Jul 11, 2024
I just hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate being told I am "strong" and "resilient" just because I have been through so much!!!!!! I am not "strong" or "resilient"!!!!!! I am very weak, vulnerable, helpless, and powerless!!!!!!!! When I am told that I am strong or resilient, I cry hysterically and am in so much agony and anguish that I even make myself physically ill!!!!!!!!!! I truly wish the words, strong and resilient could be eradicated!!!!!!!!!!!! No one on here better tell me I am strong or resilient!!!!!!!!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Shinobi, SVEN, Daos365 and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess people say it because they hope you will continue to cope but- you're right- it makes the assumption that the awful things that have happened to you left you unscathed. For most people, they probably haven't and it maybe assumes that we want to continue to be 'strong and resilient' when maybe we just want to give up and cry. Plus, it's pretty dismissive too- you don't need my help or sympathy- you're so 'strong and resilient'. How does it actually help to even pretend that the very worst things that have happened to us haven't impacted us at all or, only made us stronger? When, it's sometimes so obvious they haven't? It's just ignoring the problem at the end of the day.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Want2DieSooooBad
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't want to be strong or resilient. I don't see the value in being strong and resilient. It's so annoying that pro lifers tall about being strong and resilient but, of course, they're only doing that because they're pro suffering and want you to suffer through life's challenges. Pro lifers are nothing but sadists and I hate how they keep on talking about being strong or resilient

• Hugs
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Closely followed by, "And how did that make you feel" or "Where on a scale of 1-10" for me.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I feel the same. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but I feel like the opposite actually.

• Hugs