O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
What I am about to say is going to be pessimistic, but unfortunately, it is also the hard truth about this selfish world.

This goes out to all the people who say that "things will get better" and believe the world is a great place.

1) MONEY IS HAPPINESS
The only people who say money doesn't mean happiness, are rich people, or people that don't have to struggle for money.
You never hear a homeless person say money doesn't mean happiness.
And to those who say "money doesn't mean happiness", if that's the case, then give all of your savings to a random stranger. Guarantee no one will do it.
If anyone truly believed "money doesn't mean happiness", then put your money where your mouth is (no pun intended).

2) ASSISTED SUICIDE SHOULD BE LEGAL. SUICIDE HELPLINES AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES AREN'T THE SOLUTION

Why is assisted suicide illegal for mental health in most countries? If an adult wished to have medically assisted euthanasia, and the doctor agrees to do it, then it should be legal. Plain and simple. This rule apples to essentially everything else in life, but when it comes to suicide, it doesn't. It blows my mind.

To those who say: "If assisted suicide was legal, there would be an increase in suicides.".......Of course there would be. But what does that say about society if that many people want to suicide? That says there is something wrong. Instead of focusing on "preventing suicide". why don't you stop being selfish and actually do something to change society to make it not a living hell.

"Preventing Suicide" is what suicide helplines and mental health services try to promote. The reason is never works is because it doesn't do anything to tackle the source of the problem. You call for help, then what? They put you in a psych ward, you tell some lie to get out, then you will be depressed again.

It's like those people that say pro choice forums like Sanctioned Suicide cause suicide. This couldn't be further from the truth. These forums are the only place people can share their views on suicide with being punished or thrown in a psych ward. If anything, this forum is the only thing keeping these people alive longer by being able to share their true thoughts.

It baffles me that modern day society says not to stigmatize mental health. Yet when it comes to the topic of suicide, people are stigmatized if you believe pro-choice in suicide. Heck, you could even be arrested for even suggesting the idea.

3) YOU PROBABLY WON'T ACHIEVE SUCCESS LATER IN LIFE
People will point out examples of many people that achieved success much later in life.
Colonel Sanders founded KFC when he was 65.
JK Rowling wasn't successful until her 30s.

Yes while these are unique cases, they are extremely rare cases. For every Colonel Sanders that made it, there are a million Colonel Sanders who did not make it. You wanna know why we don't hear about the people that didn't make it? Because they aren't talked about and are probably either dead or homeless.

4) THERAPISTS ARE NOT THERE TO HELP YOU, IT'S JUST A TRANSACTION.
You pay therapists for an hour to rant to them. They sit there to listen to you rant and get a paycheck.
If you didn't pay them, would they offer free sessions? No.
Do they care about your problems? No.
Would they offer you a place to stay if you were in trouble? No.

Your therapist is required to tell you what you want to hear. They have to tell you positive things because that's what you are paying them to do.

If therapy really worked, then you wouldn't have to keep going back.
The reason therapy doesn't work is because it focuses on "changing the way you think".
A job won't fall from the sky if you start "thinking positively".
Food won't land on your dinner table if you just "live in the moment".

Therapy would actually be helpful if they focused on fixing the problems behind your negative thoughts. FOR EXAMPLE: If you were unemployed and they tried to connect you to employers.

Of course, this won't happen because its about money. If it wasn't about the money, then why do therapists charge +$140 per session. Something that is not affordable for the majority of the population.

Worst of all, is that you can't even be truthful with therapists. Every client agreement form in therapy states that they are required by law to report to authorities if you mention anything about self-harm.

5) FRIENDS DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
You hear friends say all the time "Dude just talk to me" or "I wish he would have spoke to me before he took his own life. I rather him rant to me than have him take his own life" The only time you hear friends say that are when you don't actually rant to them. Would you realistically let someone rant at you 24/7 without breaking down? No human being is capable of taking that.

Try ranting to your friends about your pain. First few times they may say some nice things. But very soon they will be annoyed and ignore you.

6) PEOPLE ARE NICE SO THEY DON'T FEEL GUILTY IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOU.
If you're depressed or unemployed, friends and family will tell you that you are not a failure.
Lets be honest, friends and family only tell you that so they don't have to feel shame if anything happens to you.
Meanwhile, if it was some stranger that they spotted in the same situation, your friends and family will call them a failure in a heartbeat.

If you can think of anything else that's the truth, post in the comments.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RedHates, TheNihilisticViking, buyersremorse and 14 others
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
These are opinions, I wouldn't say fact, their are people that care. Some have friends that care, family, hell even a therapist, does this mean it happens to everyone no? Some are more lucky then others.

Reactions: The anhedonic one and Zegers
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really think that having awareness of the harsh reality of existing here could ever be pessimistic, it's just being realistic. This world undeniably is such a dreadful place and I know that existence will only get "better" once I'm finally not existing.

Reactions: OhWellDerp321 and The anhedonic one
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You are definitely entitled to your own opinions. I'm not going to comment on all of the 6 points, but as far as "Money Is Happiness"...........it has a built-in expiration. Someone could have all the money in the world and be living a simply wonderful life. One day they get "bad news from the clinic" that they have an incurable disease and only 6 months to live. All the money that person has won't change the fact that they're going to die. I'd say the happiness just went out of all the money that person has.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Money doesn't bring happiness, money can give you options and comfort, but not happiness (imo)

D

Deleted member 65988

These are opinions, I wouldn't say fact, their are people that care. Some have friends that care, family, hell even a therapist, does this mean it happens to everyone no? Some are more lucky then others.
Life is a roll of the dice after all, some people, albeit very few in number have any of those things.

D

Deleted member 65988

Money doesn't bring happiness, money can give you options and comfort, but not happiness (imo)
That's pretty close to happiness itself, comfort and options gives us more room to be happier in turn, that needs money

Reactions: OhWellDerp321 and WorthlessTrash
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
I dont think money is happiness but lack of money is unhappiness. As soon as ur needs are met, more money wont make u happier. If u are poor u just have more problems and that makes u unhappy… but u arent really happier with 1billion$ then with 1million imo… does that make sense…?

Reactions: OhWellDerp321 and The anhedonic one
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I dont think money is happiness but lack of money is unhappiness. As soon as ur needs are met, more money wont make u happier. If u are poor u just have more problems and that makes u unhappy… but u arent really happier with 1billion$ then with 1million imo… does that make sense…?
I agree we all want bugatti but as long as basic needs are coverred we will not get mad if we cannot have the last model. But even that basic abountof money if not enough to make you happy if your life if miserable and life is general brutal with everybody.
That's pretty close to happiness itself, comfort and options gives us more room to be happier in turn, that needs money
If i had 10 MEURO right now i doubt i would feel any better, i am depressed bipolar I would not even get in the mood to plan an exotic trip and in maniac mode I do not gamble bu rather get aggressive, i could use the money to pay lawyers at best.

Reactions: angel31 and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I agree with everything you are saying except the money thing.
If I won the lottery it wouldn't cure my crippling depression and existential crisis.
Yet it would certainly make life easier and offer a small degree of comfort.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Money can make you happy if your reason for being depressed is financial stress.

Reactions: Zegers
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Counterpoint to money being happiness, sure if I have unlimited money, I would decide to live longer. But seeing as money cannot fix the shit of a society we are in, cannot change the fact that I was born the wrong gender and cannot stop me from hating myself. I will still suicide within a few years. But of course, after I die, I do plan on giving the money to friends. And although a lot of people are horrible, there are good people out there, extremely rare prehaps, but they are there.

• Hugs
Reactions: WorthlessTrash
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Counterpoint to money being happiness, sure if I have unlimited money, I would decide to live longer. But seeing as money cannot fix the shit of a society we are in, cannot change the fact that I was born the wrong gender and cannot stop me from hating myself. I will still suicide within a few years. But of course, after I die, I do plan on giving the money to friends. And although a lot of people are horrible, there are good people out there, extremely rare prehaps, but they are there.
Tbf if you're someone whom believes in transitioning being effective, being rich can prob pay for every surgery and procedure needed to try to pass flawlessly.

Though its a lot easier for FTM to pass than MTF.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Tbf if you're someone whom believes in transitioning being effective, being rich can prob pay for every surgery and procedure needed to try to pass flawlessly.

Though its a lot easier for FTM to pass than MTF.
My transition goals are slightly different from most, I want to be physically strong, and being born short and female just doesn't really work out. I believe even after transitioning, there would still be disadvantages for me. So here I am.

• Aww..
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
My transition goals are slightly different from most, I want to be physically strong, and being born short and female just doesn't really work out. I believe even after transitioning, there would still be disadvantages for me. So here I am.
Ah, fair. Wish we could trade bodies. You'd have more of use for mine than I do.

Reactions: Scythe
O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
You are definitely entitled to your own opinions. I'm not going to comment on all of the 6 points, but as far as "Money Is Happiness"...........it has a built-in expiration. Someone could have all the money in the world and be living a simply wonderful life. One day they get "bad news from the clinic" that they have an incurable disease and only 6 months to live. All the money that person has won't change the fact that they're going to die. I'd say the happiness just went out of all the money that person has.

Fair enough. But say if that person wants to travel the world before the 6 months ends and they had the money to, at least they would be happy before for they passed. Can't say the same if that person didn't have the money to travel.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I think it all depends on the value you place on money, for me money on its own is not enough.