Kobusu

Kobusu

Writer
Oct 18, 2021
I'm so tired of dealing with the selfishness of others. I was planning to die today but someone stayed home, likely because a friend warned them not to leave me alone. None of these people really care for you though. Everyone tells you to stay and gives you platitudes because they're worried about how bad they'll feel with your death. Even if they dislike you they only ever think about how your death will affect them.

Nobody ever stops to think about the suffering they inflict upon you by asking you to stay. By forcing you to experience another day. They don't care to. They don't get it, so it's hard to blame them, but it's infuriating. Everybody who gets it is either on the way out or has already ctb, so what we're left with in our daily lives is people looking to keep us around so they can tell themselves they did something. That they "helped". It's exhausting.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: HeckingHecked, Simba, FreeZebra and 5 others
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
They are incapable of understanding a life that's too bad to wanna live in and they won't even try to put themselves in others' shoes. Their only thoughts: "Suicide is bad, I must stop it at all costs. I am a good person."

Prevention is NOT help.

Reactions: HeckingHecked, ShornSoloists, FreeZebra and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Of course all people are naturally selfish, everything we do is to benefit ourselves in some way. Non suicidal people will never be able to comprehend what it is like as they are not suicidal themselves. It is cruel to expect people to suffer for decades. Saving someone from suicide is just prolonging suffering, we have the right to exit this world at a time of our own choosing, it is our life, our decision and nobody else has any say in it.

Reactions: HeckingHecked, ShornSoloists, FreeZebra and 3 others
Kobusu

Kobusu

Writer
Oct 18, 2021
They are incapable of understanding a life that's too bad to wanna live in and they won't even try to put themselves in others' shoes. Their only thoughts: "Suicide is bad, I must stop it at all costs. I am a good person."

Prevention is NOT help.
I think if they understood, like really understood, they'd probably want to kill themselves too. I don't want them to understand, I wouldn't wish anyone to understand how horrible it feels. I just wish they could accept our decision.
Of course all people are naturally selfish, everything we do is to benefit ourselves in some way. Non suicidal people will never be able to comprehend what it is like as they are not suicidal themselves. It is cruel to expect people to suffer for decades. Saving someone from suicide is just prolonging suffering, we have the right to exit this world at a time of our own choosing, it is our life, our decision and nobody else has any say in it.
There's a quote by Arthur Schopenhauer that I think of often: "They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person." People would deny us our right to our life, just to ease their conscience.

Reactions: demuic, it's_all_a_game and WatermelonMel
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
I can relate very much.. its mostly people say "We're here for you" etc but its just so they won't feel guilty ,that it won't be on their conscious. Later they say how negative you are n all that n when you are dead is like "OHHHHH NOOOO he was a good lad/friend " "we didn't know" n all that shit. Its always the same in the end.