KAZ-2Y5

KAZ-2Y5

Verrückt
Jul 23, 2023
Legalizing euthanasia for the mentally ill and terminally ill would lessen the suffering many people go through. It would give families and friends the chance to say goodbye to their loved one, spend their last moments together and not be traumatized by a sudden, and sometimes violent, death of their loved one.

Seeing the images of a persons violent death would be unnecessary scarring for those individuals to walk in on, especially the loved ones. So I think suicide shouldn't be prevented, in this case legalizing euthanasia would help lessen those instances. Suicide prevention just increases the instances of violent suicides because people who are determined to die will keep trying to find a way to do so. Since when did opinions or laws stop people from doing what they want to do?

This program would have a month long waiting period during which time treatment would be administered for any diagnosed mental health problems, and the patient would have daily therapy sessions during this month. During these programs it gives the patient two things: control over their own life, sometimes giving people the desire to choose to live on instead; and a safe, painless, non-violent suicide where families can say their goodbyes.

People get desperate because they feel there's no way out, if there is a euthanasia program they'll feel that there's always a safe option that they can default to so there's no reason to make a rash, dangerous decision.
We will see less people jumping in front of trains or off buildings causing trauma to those nearby. We will see less gun related suicides meaning less violent deaths. We will see more people feeling control over their own lives and making decisions with a lot of thought rather than rashness. And there would be less loved ones blaming themselves for the suicide.

Also, it's your own life, nobody else's. Simply put, do what you want with your body and your life because it's your choice and nobody else decides whether you die a peaceful death or not.

If I missed anything, let me know.

• Love
Reactions: pyroxenic, lostmeaning, Deathisbetter and 10 others
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
gonna agree with you. mental ilness (after reading a lot of these posts) seems worse.

Reactions: NoLoveNoHope and KAZ-2Y5
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I agree with you, anyone who suffers every day of their life should be allowed the privilege to die, no questions asked. But unfortunately, that will never happen in this pro-lifer society. Always forcing people to stay alive against their will and try to endure the suffering that they face on a daily basis.

Reactions: lsssrrr, Deathisbetter, NoLoveNoHope and 3 others
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
Legalizing euthanasia for the mentally ill and terminally ill would lessen the suffering many people go through. It would give families and friends the chance to say goodbye to their loved one, spend their last moments together and not be traumatized by a sudden, and sometimes violent, death of their loved one.

Seeing the images of a persons violent death would be unnecessary scarring for those individuals to walk in on, especially the loved ones. So I think suicide shouldn't be prevented, in this case legalizing euthanasia would help lessen those instances. Suicide prevention just increases the instances of violent suicides because people who are determined to die will keep trying to find a way to do so. Since when did opinions or laws stop people from doing what they want to do?

This program would have a month long waiting period during which time treatment would be administered for any diagnosed mental health problems, and the patient would have daily therapy sessions during this month. During these programs it gives the patient two things: control over their own life, sometimes giving people the desire to choose to live on instead; and a safe, painless, non-violent suicide where families can say their goodbyes.

People get desperate because they feel there's no way out, if there is a euthanasia program they'll feel that there's always a safe option that they can default to so there's no reason to make a rash, dangerous decision.
We will see less people jumping in front of trains or off buildings causing trauma to those nearby. We will see less gun related suicides meaning less violent deaths. We will see more people feeling control over their own lives and making decisions with a lot of thought rather than rashness. And there would be less loved ones blaming themselves for the suicide.

Also, it's your own life, nobody else's. Simply put, do what you want with your body and your life because it's your choice and nobody else decides whether you die a peaceful death or not.

This will also put an end to impulsive suicides. Nobody, I repeat nobody will go through painful ways if there are painless ways legally available. They can apply and give themselves time. During the wait period they can ruminate on their situation and take a logical call.

Honestly no other medicine can help me the way this will. Once you know there is a safe exit , one can live life to the fullest. May be I would not even want to die if I had a way to die painlessly.

Reactions: Deathisbetter, NoLoveNoHope, KAZ-2Y5 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The right to die is a basic human right not just for people with some kind of illness. We all deserve the option to leave in peace in a guaranteed way and it's inhumane how this society is so anti-suicide, it disgusts me how we were burdened with the ability to exist yet we are expected to suffer endlessly with other people trying to make existence into a prison where one cannot peacefully escape.

Death is the most normal thing so it's literally absurd making people have to struggle so much to get there, I believe that people should be able to fall into an eternal sleep anytime they want to as nobody is obligated to continue existing, forcing people to suffer is criminal to me, all that anti-suicide people do is just create harm.

Reactions: AncientSorrow, Deathisbetter, NoLoveNoHope and 2 others
lonely_men23

lonely_men23

Aug 6, 2023
I agree with you, anyone who suffers every day of their life should be allowed the privilege to die, no questions asked. But unfortunately, that will never happen in this pro-lifer society. Always forcing people to stay alive against their will and try to endure the suffering that they face on a daily basis.
i heard in canada, there is assisted suicide

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023

I think this is a fairly well thought out view. I would extend it to one year... With the primary reason being most people don't have a month to sit and attend therapy sessions nor can mental health problems really be addressed within a month... That said I detest seeing depression being promulgated as being mentally ill which conjures up much more involved psychological problems. I will say having a painless and peaceful way to die where you can do so with some dignity would be a great safe option by default...

Reactions: NoLoveNoHope
S

saderaser

Jun 10, 2023
I agree with everything you said! Especially the part where euthanasia prevents people from making a rush decision, but I guess it's not going to happen soon. People make lots of money from long-term care, young people dying will also take a toll on society. I've already decided not to wait for any euthanasia related law to pass. My life is in my own hand and it will end whenever I want.

• Love
Reactions: lsssrrr, Deathisbetter and NoLoveNoHope
M

meadow2

Aug 8, 2023
I agree with you that it should be allowed for both mental and physical illness. However, it's insane to me that it's not at least legal in the case of physical or terminal illness. I'm sure that if I was an animal, a vet would have no qualms about euthanising me on the basis of my physical problems and suffering even though I couldn't express that that was my wish. But because I'm human, even if I say that I want to die, I'm not legally allowed a peaceful end. It just makes no sense.

• Love
Reactions: Deathisbetter
asiht

asiht

Oct 17, 2019
I agree completely. Here we are with an overpopulation problem, and potential food shortages coming up... and you've got people who are willing to go, which would free up resources for the others. I believe fully that suicide/euthanasia should not be as stigmatized, and should be more accessable

• Love
Reactions: Deathisbetter
D

Deathisbetter

Student
Jun 3, 2023
I agree completely. Here we are with an overpopulation problem, and potential food shortages coming up... and you've got people who are willing to go, which would free up resources for the others. I believe fully that suicide/euthanasia should not be as stigmatized, and should be more accessable
Cold harsh truth right here that dumbass society is to stupid and weak to acknowledge

M

mothercoin

Aug 9, 2023
I agree, it would lead to less deaths that traumatize the public and family.

Reactions: saderaser