Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This must be a new thing, but I have suddenly seen two of these stickers on cars in as many days.

Images   2022 06 04T135210483

Images 6

Is this the latest thing? Are these people really engaged in the nuances of euthanasia debate, or just making a blanket statement? Talk about offensive. 🙄

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Élégie, The_Flying_Fox, The Disinherited and 28 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
They probably think that this means they can have a seemingly noble stance on something that makes them look good without having to actually put in any amount of effort to improve things for anyone else.

• Informative
Reactions: Élégie, Manaaja, Wisdom3_1-9 and 25 others
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I doubt it's about the euthanesia debate.

My suspicion about anyone with a sticker like that would be that they probably have sad backstories and I feel for them. I'd think it'd be mostly people who've lost loved ones to suicide and can't wrap their heads around it or heal, and don't know what to do other than put up stickers and hope that somehow that will create discussion that somehow will make the world less awful and somehow help them move on.

Add to that a handful of sticker-collectors who just slap on every sticker in the good samaritan sticker-book without even really thinking about it.

• Informative
Reactions: 𝔧𝔞𝔫𝔢 ⛧, symphony, AloneInCollege and 6 others
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Should change their stickers to pro-suffering. A car decal is definitely not going to help them heal but build their hatred toward it.

• Informative
Reactions: Élégie, come to dust, cyanol and 6 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
after that the suicide rate dropped to 0%

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, The Disinherited, 𝔧𝔞𝔫𝔢 ⛧ and 22 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Those are the dumbest stickers in my opinion, I admire those people's courage to put that on their car, or they are just ignorant. Probably the latter.

(Best possible case, they have dealt with loss or have live with suicidal thoughts. Still a bit questionable though. There are many better phrases, even sayings like life is a gift or never give up.)

But for those that demonize suicidal people...
The villian in me kind of wants to secretly add industrial strength glue as they are putting the sticker on. Then they can't ever fix it and then I would say, ''Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.'' And as they suffer watching their car depreciate in value, l'll say, ''Suicide really does pass the pain on to others, right??''

But I'm not that evil yet.

• Yay!
Reactions: symphony, Forever Sleep, W’ren and 1 other person
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
They obviously don't know what it is like to have the whole world against you through no fault of your own.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, symphony, LittleJem and 6 others
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I think they are ignorant and don't really understand what drives people to suicide. It is not a selfish thing but a desperate attempt for relief and peace.

Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, Élégie, LittleJem and 4 others
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
They can't even let their deceased family members rest. No respect for the dead.

Reactions: Élégie, ShatteredSoul, summertimestars4 and 4 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I think they are ignorant and don't really understand what drives people to suicide. It is not a selfish thing but a desperate attempt for relief and peace.
Exactly. They're just mindlessly pretending to care about something so they can have a cause and get away with having (part of) the word fuck on their cars which must mean they're oh so witty. They probably have floor mats that say 'keep calm and fuck suicide' and T-shirts that have the slogan 'straight outta suicide'. You know like all the other trends that people jump on/adopt in the misconception they're the first to come across it.

Reactions: cyanol, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
get away with having (part of) the word fuck on their cars
Now that you mention it, there's another popular sticker here that says, "See you in the Northern Territory."
Images   2022 06 04T152210870

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: NSA, Cathy Ames, rationaltake and 6 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Here is my sticker in response to theirs

Take Out Smiley Face GIF by Melissa Deckert

Reactions: Élégie, NSA, Pluto and 4 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I thought it read fun suicide at first.:pfff:

I wonder if they know certain words can be triggering to people. So really they are doing more bad than good.

• Yay!
Reactions: Pluto, rationaltake, DynamicDepression and 1 other person
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
This pisses me off and saddens me.
I'm a survivor of several suicide attempts over many years and i find this thoughtless and just a way to hook into the latest fad… pro-life b*llshit.

If they wanted to be accurate they should have a sticker that says "Suicide: I respect your choice." or "MAID doesn't cover all scenarios; Suicide- I respect your choice."

This is how to say you're pro-life without saying you're pro life…

I have a friend whose sister ctb'd by gunshot to the head… and she herself is likely pro life- ive never dared discuss this site or anything of this nature with her- fof her to drive around and see this, even though the thought conveyed by the sticker is her thought too- it would activate her ptsd.

So selfish + thoughtless to put this large decal on one's car. :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pluto, summertimestars4, DynamicDepression and 2 others
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
Too bad I don't give a shit about a pro lifers feelings or opinion.

Reactions: Élégie, Pluto, summertimestars4 and 3 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
What we need to do is make our own bumper stickers. To counter this one, we should create one that says, "F*ck life" or maybe, "Life is overrated".

Now that you mention it, there's another popular sticker here that says, "See you in the Northern Territory."
View attachment 93394

If I lived in Australia, I would absolutely buy that sticker. :pfff:

• Yay!
Reactions: Pluto, pthnrdnojvsc, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It does make you wonder whether they have lost someone to suicide or whether they are battling it themselves. There's definitely a whole lot of bitterness there though.

What I find curious is that it feels like they are talking about something that happens to people- like a disease- rather than something that somebody chooses.

Should be 'F#ck the life that got the person to that point'. I guess suicide is the very best 'F#ck off to life'.

Reactions: Élégie, Journeytoletgo, Pluto and 1 other person
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
What we need to do is make our own bumper stickers. To counter this one, we should create one that says, "F*ck life" or maybe, "Life is overrated".
I'm almost certain they have existed as slogans on mugs, t=shirts, stickers and other misc merchandise. Though in the last couple of years or so the OC woke police have probably deemed them inappropriate. They prefer slogans that patronise by telling everyone they're all beautiful and perfect as they are. Reality is no longer the sum of facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Pluto
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
It does make you wonder whether they have lost someone to suicide or whether they are battling it themselves. There's definitely a whole lot of bitterness there though.

What I find curious is that it feels like they are talking about something that happens to people- like a disease- rather than something that somebody chooses.

Should be 'F#ck the life that got the person to that point'. I guess suicide is the very best 'F#ck off to life'.
Wld agree i.m.o

F*** = an emotnl wrd - thnk thy prbbly hve exprnces lke losng sme1 or nrly c.t.b thmslves & gr8fl tht thy dd nt

'F*** cancr' stckrs d/ nt tke in2 accnt th/ factrs th caus ppl 2 devlp tht eithr - sme whch cn b prevtnd & sme whch d/ nt - thy us th/ phrse bcse cancr hs affctd thm

I.m.o tht stckr = th/ sme thng

Evry1 on sasu = entittld 2 hve thr own feelngs & exprncs & exprss thm hw thy nd 2 - slf thnk = prbbly th/ sme 2 thse ppl - evn if 2 wrds on stickr cn lk reductnst

Th/ postve tht slf tkes frm tht = tht thy recognse c.t.b as issu - nt adoptng stgma of shme twrds th/ persn wh/ c.t.b lke hw c.t.b usd 2 b apprchd

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Pluto, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Wld agree i.m.o

F*** = an emotnl wrd - thnk thy prbbly hve exprnces lke losng sme1 or nrly c.t.b thmslves & gr8fl tht thy dd nt

'F*** cancr' stckrs d/ nt tke in2 accnt th/ factrs th caus ppl 2 devlp tht eithr - sme whch cn b prevtnd & sme whch d/ nt - thy us th/ phrse bcse cancr hs affctd thm

I.m.o tht stckr = th/ sme thng

Evry1 on sasu = entittld 2 hve thr own feelngs & exprncs & exprss thm hw thy nd 2 - slf thnk = prbbly th/ sme 2 thse ppl - evn if 2 wrds on stickr cn lk reductnst

Th/ postve tht slf tkes frm tht = tht thy recognse c.t.b as issu - nt adoptng stgma of shme twrds th/ persn wh/ c.t.b lke hw c.t.b usd 2 b apprchd
Its certainly open to some amount of interpretation but has they're adopting/using a ribbon I would say its more of a cause/pro life thing. Which in itself probably contains a range of people along the suicide spectrum. It's not black and white though and a slogan like that is overly qiuippy in it's simplification of the subject in a way that's alienating to the people it would be aimed at. There is only a small demographic within the spectrum of people on the suicide scale that would find such an oversimplification appropriate or relatable and they're most likely those least likely to do it, those effected third hand or people that haven't got the empathic ability or inclination to understand it/suicide as the hard way out of a hard/inescapable situation that is. For some ctb is a logical choice and anything flying in the face of that is doing sufferers a disservice. Like I say, it's just not black and white and needs to be presented as such. Not fought against like the misguided war on drugs.

Reactions: Pluto
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That is really horrible. To me, there is nothing wrong with suicide, we all have the right to exit this world at a time of our own choosing and we have no obligations to stay alive as we did not ask to be here. It is a personal decision when to leave. We live in a world where there is so much suffering after all, and it is frustrating, the attitude that society has about suicide that it is something that is always wrong and must be prevented in every single case. All humans will die eventually someday anyway.

Reactions: Pluto, summertimestars4 and Talvikki
Atlantian

Atlantian

May 25, 2022
No they don't care or know how deep the discussion about suicide can become. Ill wildly guess 99% of the general public doesn't completely comprehend most of the social issues they stand on. They do this shit out of emotions and social reasons, not facts and objectivity. I don't think suicide is bad. Its an option that exists. You don't have to take it.

Reactions: Élégie, Journeytoletgo, Pluto and 1 other person
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Bit odd how salty folk here are getting about someone who presumably lost someone to suicide or recovered from suicidality themselves.

Reactions: Pluto and Al Cappella
S

Schmootz

Dec 17, 2021
This must be a new thing, but I have suddenly seen two of these stickers on cars in as many days.

View attachment 93386

View attachment 93387

Is this the latest thing? Are these people really engaged in the nuances of euthanasia debate, or just making a blanket statement? Talk about offensive. 🙄
I have to wonder if it might be:

1. The name of a new band
2. A new way to CTB.

Reactions: Pluto
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Bit odd how salty folk here are getting about someone who presumably lost someone to suicide or recovered from suicidality themselves.
Might be the reason for the bumper sticker. No one really knows for sure, though. For all we know, it could be an anti-choicer.

Though, if they did lose someone to suicide, then I am very sorry for their loss.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Pluto
CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022

View attachment 93386

View attachment 93387

You don't know this persons story so you shouldn't judge. They may have been touched by suicide and this is their way of acknowledging it, as cancer relatives/survivors do with ribbons

Reactions: Pluto and Cathy Ames
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
It annoys people because it shows a complete lack of understanding of suicide and being suicidal. It oversimplifies in an attempt to appear witty and memeworthy. This does nothing for people that are suicidal thoigh it acts as a way of unworthy virtue signalling for the car owner and affiliated cause. Notice the ribbon. Its not just a silly slogan.

However.... One thing is being overlooked. This isn't on an actual car. It's a concept image. Claims that it's probably used by a person who lost soneonw or survived suicide is null and void in this particular instance. It's a money spinner for the company advertising it.
View attachment 93394
This was on covid masks too.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Lost in a Dream, Pluto and 4 others
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
F*ck normies.

• Yay!
Reactions: Élégie, Journeytoletgo, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
It's not really odd at all. This slogan doesn't do anything to help someone who is suicidal. It doesn't prevent any suicides. All it does is alienate people who are suicidal. There is no point to this sticker. No one who reads it and is suicidal is going to change their mind. They would be better off getting a sticker that at least had an inspiring slogan.

There is actually a whole line of f*ck suicide merchandise. I was at the mall last month. One of the department stores was selling f*ck suicide baseball caps, t- shirts, hoodies, and keychains in order to promote National Suicide Month. There was a huge sign in front of the display telling people to" Be A Hero! Be A Suicide Warrior! Save A Life Today! and encouraging them to buy this stuff.

Our society has become so materialistic that they even have to commercialize suicide and make a profit off of it now. I don't see how any decent person can be a part of this and buy this junk. The suicide rate is going up. It's a serious problem. Everyone wrings their hands and complains they don't know what to do. Nobody ever addresses the root causes of suicide or offers any practical help to the suicidal person. Some people who are suicidal have concrete solvable problems. If they were pointed in the right direction and given a little help, they wouldn't be suicidal anymore. Unfortunately nobody can be bothered to spend any time or money to actually help the suicidal person. Instead they recite platitudes, slap a bumper sticker on their car, and walk around wearing a t-shirt and think that they are actually making a difference and preventing suicides. Yet they wonder why the suicide rate keeps going up.

• Informative
Reactions: Élégie, Journeytoletgo, NSA and 5 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
It's not really odd at all. This slogan doesn't do anything to help someone who is suicidal. It doesn't prevent any suicides. All it does is alienate people who are suicidal. There is no point to this sticker. No one who reads it and is suicidal is going to change their mind. They would be better off getting a sticker that at least had an inspiring slogan.

There is actually a whole line of f*ck suicide merchandise. I was at the mall last month. One of the department stores was selling f*ck suicide baseball caps, t- shirts, hoodies, and keychains in order to promote National Suicide Month. There was a huge sign in front of the display telling people to" Be A Hero! Be A Suicide Warrior! Save A Life Today! and encouraging them to buy this stuff.

Our society has become so materialistic that they even have to commercialize suicide and make a profit off of it now. I don't see how any decent person can be a part of this and buy this junk. The suicide rate is going up. It's a serious problem. Everyone wrings their hands and complains they don't know what to do. Nobody ever addresses the root causes of suicide or offers any practical help to the suicidal person. Some people who are suicidal have concrete solvable problems. If they were pointed in the right direction and given a little help, they wouldn't be suicidal anymore. Unfortunately nobody can be bothered to spend any time or money to actually help the suicidal person. Instead they recite platitudes, slap a bumper sticker on their car, and walk around wearing a t-shirt and think that they are actually making a difference and preventing suicides. Yet they wonder why the suicide rate keeps going up.
Yeah, basic virtue signaling.

I'm not going to look at someone wearing one of those and suddenly think my life is worth living lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Élégie, Hirokami, Pluto and 1 other person