ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
3 out of 4 ain't bad

L

lacrimosa

Experienced
Jul 1, 2024
  • Get diagnosed [✓(ADHD)✓(Psychosis)✓(Schizophrenia)✓(Bi-Polar Disorder)✓(Schizoaffective Disorder)]
  • Go to therapy [✓✓✓✓✓✓✓] 7 different therapists throughout my life.
  • Try medications [✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓] Numerous medications... I lost count so this isn't 100% accurate.
  • Psych ward [✓✓✓✓] 4 different stays.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
Fleki

Fleki

Machine Elf
Jul 7, 2024
Received a diagnosis, yes. Therapy is an ehhhhh. Got signed up when I was pretty young (ten-ish), but never sought it out as an adult. Felt like too much work and I don't have a ton of faith in it. Medication is pending (appointment this month, first time getting myself to do anything like this), and I have VERY deliberately avoided avoided getting chucked into a psych ward. I like to keep the whole psychiatric industry at an arm's length.

Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
Diagnoses with Clinical depression at 15, alongside anxiety and self harm ( i know, not a diagnosis). First time I saw a psych was on my 'first' suicide attempt here
Started the first of a shit ton of medications - antidepressants, antipsychotics, sleeping pills, anti-anxieties, mood stabilisers , etc - that never helped.
First admission to a psych ward when I was 16 and then in and out with depression, suicidal tendencies and then later anorexia until my mid 20s. Anorexia admissions were the ones where I was sectioned and force fed with a tube against my will.
Misdiagnosed with BPD at 18 which gave me even more trauma from MH mistreatment.
Other diagnoses over the years - anorexia, bulimia, suspected and now determined PTSD and C-PTSD. Treatment resistant depression.
Been through CBT, DBT, bits and bobs of CAT/EMDR - not full courses so it made little difference. Few sessions of trauma therapy here and there.
Multiple psychiatrists, therapists, psychiatric nurses, social workers, crisis/home treatment teams, support groups..
There's probably stuff I'm missing, but yeah, fuck.. even typing that makes me feel like a freak!
How did you get cat scan. I've told doctors I once hit my head when I was 7-8. Then pass out. Then had trouble understanding my grandmothers body language. They've always said something to the likes of: "it's not a reason to check"

Reactions: PinballWizard39
PinballWizard39

PinballWizard39

Experienced
May 3, 2024
How did you get cat scan. I've told doctors I once hit my head when I was 7-8. Then pass out. Then had trouble understanding my grandmothers body language. They've always said something to the likes of: "it's not a reason to check"
I meant CAT as in therapy (cognitive analytical therapy) not the scan.
Though I have had an MRI for other medical reasons and sadly all is good with my brain anatomically - no excuse for my mental-ness in there.

Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
Psych ward 3 times. Jail once. HAting this 64 years of existance more and more each day. Can't wait to CTB!

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds