• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
For anyone on SS who lives in Europe, the EU, or any of the countries there, could anyone let me know what the current climate and situation of voluntary euthanasia, death with dignity, and similar right to die legislation is?

I do have additional questions just out of curiosity.

1. If your country has legal voluntary euthanasia, right to die, death with dignity laws on the books, how is the general public's view on those laws, are they very supportive, are they against it?

2. If your country has legal voluntary euthanasia, has there been pushback to overturn it, and if so, are they the majority, vocal minority, or something else?

3. If your country doesn't have legal voluntary euthanasia (ve), and similar processes how is the general public's stance on this, are they more in support of legalization of voluntary euthanasia and similar processes?

4. If your country doesn't have legal ve or similar processes, are they in the process of legalizing it and are they pushing towards legalization or against it?

As an US citizen, I really wish I could support other countries' policy of voluntary euthanasia and similar processes because meanwhile at the states, there are only a handful of states that have legalized death with dignity with very limited and narrow criteria to be met before someone can legally access it. Even then, it is a far cry from what is available in Europe, especially in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Switzerland.

S

Sky66

Dec 15, 2021
I'm from the Netherlands.

1. The public is very supportive. It is well accepted in my country. Most people even think that the law needs to expand. It still is nearly impossible to get euthenasia when you're young and not terminal. There is a great documentary on YouTube about this subject. Type "boos euthanasie the movie" in YouTube. It's dutch but you can turn on the subs.

2. Some religious people and politics are against it. But they are in the minority. There are actually some religious people who think euthenasia when you're terminal is a good thing.

Reactions: MountainMonkey and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm from the Netherlands.

1. The public is very supportive. It is well accepted in my country. Most people even think that the law needs to expand. It still is nearly impossible to get euthenasia when you're young and not terminal. There is a great documentary on YouTube about this subject. Type "boos euthanasie the movie" in YouTube. It's dutch but you can turn on the subs.

2. Some religious people and politics are against it. But they are in the minority. There are actually some religious people who think euthenasia when you're terminal is a good thing.
This is good to hear, and I hope the law expands to cover people with all kinds of suffering, both physical and psychological. Also good to hear that even some religious people are able to see compassion and that ending suffering is a good thing (much better than what we see around the world and in the US).