WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if shes already seen the signs in me but I'm tempted to tell her what's going on along the lines of "ive been feeling depressed" etc. In the past she's completely ignored me when i tell her this but im hoping me coming forward again might get her to actually see me in a way? Idk random vent i had to put it somewhere.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 90starve, Forever Sleep and Konnsz
Konnsz

Konnsz

At the very end, you can only trust yourself.
Jan 2, 2023
What is helping you think this way? Did you notice any changes on her behavior?

WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
What is helping you think this way? Did you notice any changes on her behavior?
She works in the mental health field and knows the signs to look for.

Reactions: 90starve
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
Can she at least offer you support and advice on the various medical options. If you say you want to feel better - which I believe you do- most of us don't actually want to die ! We want the pain to stop. She should have a good knowledge and access to people who may offer some options.

I'd say tell her and explain that it's very serious and debilitating for you, not just a case of feeling a bit down

Reactions: jar-baby, 90starve, WaffleWoman and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm not surprised about the ignoring as the reality is that so many people are self centred and won't even try to understand what other people go through. But anyway if you decide to do this then I wish you the best of luck.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I say if you really are wanting help to get better and don't want to CTB, then you should tell her, as by telling her you'd be, in essence, reaching out for help. However, if you've thought things through carefully, and after a lot of reflection on the matter, have decided that CTB is the only path for you in order to find your peace, then I don't think you should say anything to your mother, or anyone else, as telling people of your suicidal ideation can have (negative) ramifications for you, possibly including institutionalization.

Reactions: Jolene79 and 90starve
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
Seeing as she works in the mental health field, yeah, telling her sounds like a good idea. Make sure she understands the severity of the situation.

J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
I say if you really are wanting help to get better and don't want to CTB, then you should tell her, as by telling her you'd be, in essence, reaching out for help. However, if you've thought things through carefully, and after a lot of reflection on the matter, have decided that CTB is the only path for you in order to find your peace, then I don't think you should say anything to your mother, or anyone else, as telling people of your suicidal ideation can have (negative) ramifications for you, possibly including institutionalization.
Agree with this. When you're in absolute despair - as I have been - and you cry out for help,many douche bags will only care to ask if you're feeling suicidal. It misses the whole point. Someone wants help, not forcibly detained. So yes, don't use the word suicidal. Rather, very immensely depressed and hopeless. Desperate to feel better.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded