TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
So where do one aim when taken a temple headshot. I have often heard in documentaries that a shooter shot himself in the temple and I have also seen suicide videos but it´s kinda hard to pinpoint the exact entry wound.

I know the ideal place would be the brainstem since it controls breathing and hearrate but I want to do a temple shot. I was thinking maybe slightly in front and above the ear.

P028qsgx

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
I've always been told through the mouth was the best way. Not the temple .

Reactions: MissLisa, Regisphilbin_savant and Trashcan
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018

And at a15 degree angle upwards. DO NOT PUT THE BARREL UNDER YOUR CHIN

Reactions: MissLisa and Regisphilbin_savant
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
That was what I said, through the roof of the mouth and hit the brainstem is the best choice but I don´t like it that way I will rather do a temple shot.

DO NOT PUT THE BARREL UNDER YOUR CHIN
Chin shots are for idiots who don´t use their brains it creates another barrier to go through and then the people aiming at 90 degrees angle and blow their face off what do they expect? The brain isn´t located in the face aim at the brain ffs.

Reactions: Regisphilbin_savant and Deadinside24
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Ive done my research on this method. The brain stem is the best place to hit.

Reactions: MissLisa, Trashcan, mattwitt and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Ive done my research on this method. The brain stem is the best place to hit.

Same. A paramedic told me that as well.

Reactions: Trashcan and Ashpac
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
I'd aim down and toward the back of the head if I was stuck with having to use the temple.

If I had a gun in here right now, I'd stick it in my mouth at about a 45 degree angle. But of course I don't. Too damn stupid, lazy, chicken shit, etc. to get it. Tonight would have been a good night for it.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I was also considering maybe shot through the eye like George Hennard´s suicide. (Google it, I can´t attach files apparently)

Last edited:
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
I was also considering maybe shot through the eye like George Hennard´s suicide.
httpmurderpediaorgmalehhhennard-george-joh

The image didnt work.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I was just trying to put my Glock17 to the eye (same pistol as used by Hennard) and it is really easy to aim I am just worried the projectile will somehow hit some bone and turn another way instead of hitting the brain.

S

solacely

Apr 4, 2018
I don't trust temple shots at all. You could end up blowing off your face and going blind. Best place is definitely in the mouth aiming towards the brain stem. Back of the head could work too if you had a hand gun.

Reactions: Trashcan
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I don't trust temple shots at all. You could end up blowing off your face and going blind. Best place is definitely in the mouth aiming towards the brain stem. Back of the head could work too if you had a hand gun.
That is why I made this thread because the temple is actually the part of the skull just beside the eyes but when coroners or the police say temple shot they mean the suspect shot himself in the right or left side of the head (temple) and I assume if you put a pistol against the literal temple then I would just survive and go blind. So I was thinking maybe a tad above and in front of the right ear.

The thing about the roof of the mouth shot is that I have a Glock so when I put it in my mouth it is VERY hard to see or feel where I aim because it´s so blocky, a revolver with a long barrel would be ideal like the Budd Dwyer gun but unfortunately I don´t have one.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Still doesnt work.
It works on mine, maybe you clicked on the comment you quoted from me.
Anyways here it is again.

Reactions: Trashcan and Ashpac
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
I'd aim down and toward the back of the head if I was stuck with having to use the temple.

If I had a gun in here right now, I'd stick it in my mouth at about a 45 degree angle. But of course I don't. Too damn stupid, lazy, chicken shit, etc. to get it. Tonight would have been a good night for it.
I had a gun but i got found out right before ctb. They took it from me.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Hah... I was gonna mention that, but it looks like you beat me to it.
Awesome so it looks like an eye shot like George Hennard would be just a good as through the roof of the mouth since it hits the brainstem.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and lv-gras
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
I've heard a small cal 22 does a better job at scrambling brains then say an acp 45. Is there any research that can verify?

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I've heard a small cal 22 does a better job at scrambling brains then say an acp 45. Is there any research that can verify?
I have a 22. pistol too but what you have heard is mostly bro science I think, you know the story about when you hit a body with a 22. it bounces all around the body. I would feel much safer with a 9mm.

Reactions: lv-gras
MissLisa

MissLisa

Student
Sep 13, 2018
Safest, most reliable is in the mouth. As weird as it sounds, some people survive shooting in other places. Google is quite good I found for gun shot locations.

lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Ok, just wondering. My 250 grain +p hydros can do a lot of damage to plate steel, so much soft tissue