• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
i don't understand why people on this site find negativity of users to be so polarising. people want to die here, severely depressed or with other issues. or did you forget where you logged in? they will say negative, depressing things. it isn't fair to say "oh that brought me down, therefore this shouldn't be said" as long as it's not discriminatory against any group of people. just move on and don't pay attention, i don't like this constant dissection of what not to say on this forum. it's just for people to vent, find methods, etc. not a social media where a certain culture is cultivated and should be upkept, if you don't like something and it's not hurting anyone, just move on. people are hurting here, it's not a topic for an essay or judgement.
Sorry that you disapprove. It has been a minute since I wrote this but if I didn't make it clear enough I didn't think anyone should be told not to say something. I hope you would agree, even though you don't approve of this content.

I am very aware of where we are and I think people should be allowed to vent their darkest, most negative thoughts. This post is focused on recovery (hence it is in the recovery section) and explains that those negative thoughts come from a place of pain. It also focuses specifically on speech that is "discriminatory against any group of people." Eg, "if you have a job you're a cuck slave," "if you love anyone you're a brainwashed normie," "all parents are evil." I thought I had tried to make that distinction clear, but I apologize if I unintentionally attacked negativity generally.

The content I'm discussing is hurting people, as generalized insults discourage people in the generalized groups from participating.

Thank you for the feedback, though. I'm glad you didn't take your own advice of not paying attention and moving on. I'll try to be more clear as I continue working on my recovery materials.

• Love
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and GoatHerder
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I'm really rather annoyed that I hadn't read this post before now.

Well considered and thought out. Thank you for taking the time to express your views, much of which I agree with.

I've been banging my head against a pro-death wall in real life recently; in an attempt to support someone who's internally struggling. I'm going to step back, make myself a stereotypical British cup of tea and reevaluate.

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins and DefinitelyReady
fkyou

fkyou

Oct 1, 2022
Did you recover from your inceldom

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: GoatHerder
eden101

eden101

Aug 12, 2024
i just think such negativity is expected here, and we shouldnt take it so personally. unless its actual hatred, then ok, thats bad (by that i meant discrimination with a capital d, you know, like racism, sexism and the like). and i think that i can also flip it and say - sometimes, knowing that your post will be called too negative, people will pick apart and psychoanalyse under the post as to why the poster is as negative as they are, and say they are responsible for hurting them - that discourages people from posting in a way they'd find helpful too. so two sides. however i agree that some people word their posts in a very cruel manner, imo is a result of being very online and not very empathetic. that poster wouldve talked like that wether they'd be hurting or suffering or not, its just a type of person that blossoms in the online space. i didnt mean that i was mad by my previous reply btw. i find it a bit hard to read lately due to an incorrect lens prescription, so maybe i misread some parts. sorry <3

ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
I don't know, I think certain people here making fun of incels is the pot calling the kettle black. 🤷‍♂️ You'll get over it eventually.

ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
Because they usually attacked members who disagreed with them.
Looks like a cope and smells like a cope. Negativity is the honest emotion. Hatred is central to everything. If you do not hate, your love is meaningless. Talk to anyone and if they say they "love everyone" they're looking to fuck you up or someone. It's been pre planned. Don't reply to this.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs and sserafim
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
Looks like a cope and smells like a cope. Negativity is the honest emotion. Hatred is central to everything. If you do not hate, your love is meaningless. Talk to anyone and if they say they "love everyone" they're looking to fuck you up or someone. It's been pre planned. Don't reply to this.
They're most certainly skewing the meaning of "love" or deluding themselves. But claiming that any and all proclamation of universal love is some kind of plot, is just conspiratorial.
It's actually quite common for people to be sincere in their attempt to be loving and grateful.
If you do not hate, your love is meaningless.
What kind of hate do I need to validate that, and who should I hate? Is it enough to hate people from my past, or do they have to be related to what/whom I love?
I can see hate proving love, in the face of strife. I can't see it as a necessary part of harmonious relations, though.

Reactions: Tesha
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
Good grief. The original post and nearly all the comments are in opposition to the pro-mortal position. Where are all these "pro-death" people you speak of? The problem is not that there are too many, but that there are too few.
Pro-Death negativity: "life is objectively horrible. Being happy doesn't make sense. I don't enjoy anything, and no one could enjoy anything unless they're deluded. I want ctb, and people who don't want ctb are stupid sheeple."
Pro-mortalists recognize that people sometimes enjoy themselves. It's just that this enjoyment is outweighed by the benefits of death. People who do not want to CTB aren't "sheeple", but they are beholden to their survival instinct, and not rationality.
Work is slavery:
This is just one example of how bad we all have it. There is nothing particularly bad about work; it is merely emblematic of the awfulness of living.
this is an ideology of defeat.
Pro-mortalism categorically rejects defeat. We want everyone (at least everyone who wants it) to enjoy the benefits of death. That's why those who have not yet died by suicide (and believe me, many already have) spend so much time talking about these ideas. We want more people to understand our position and embrace its truth.
I actually even took some time to read about helping people escape cults,
I would advise everyone to disregard this "pro-death cult" fearmongering. What irony it is that the pro-lifers wants to re-educate us back into their false ideology when we have already discovered the truth.

Much more could be said about this. I only typed this up in haste after noticing - to my surprise - that this "pro-death" group has had no advocate in this thread.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, sserafim, DefinitelyReady and 2 others
eden101

eden101

Aug 12, 2024
Because they usually attacked members who disagreed with them.
i use the ignore button, no need to argue on this site imo. or i dont reply, if someone attacks you and insults you here - report and dont continue the conversation. save your nerves

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Did you recover from your inceldom
I've been lonely but I don't think you could ever say I was an incel. I now sleep with the love of my life every night.

I don't know, I think certain people here making fun of incels is the pot calling the kettle black. 🤷‍♂️ You'll get over it eventually.
I'd never make fun of people for being lonely. I relate a lot to guys who have a hard time finding a partner. To me there's a difference between "can't get a girlfriend" and that internet subculture filled with sexism and racism that deserves to be made fun of. I don't know what I need to get over 🤷‍♂️

Good grief. The original post and nearly all the comments are in opposition to the pro-mortal position.
Well, this is the recovery forum. Although interestingly this now weeks-old post is suddenly getting a lot of attention in the last 24-hours. Dunno if it was posted somewhere or what.

Where are all these "pro-death" people you speak of? The problem is not that there are too many, but that there are too few.
While they claim to be high IQ, they often can't deal with a back-and-forth on the merits of their ideals. I'm not going to call them out individually. Plenty have made it clear to me that they see the rhetoric and it discourages them. Apparently you are one if you unironically think more people need to be "pro-death." This post is not directed at them, as I've made clear. It's directed at people trying to feel better.

Pro-mortalists recognize that people sometimes enjoy themselves.
Well, we're now dealing with your newly-defined term of "pro-mortalists," but the people I'm talking about do not recognize fulfillment without caveat. They will say that - yes - some people enjoy life, but those people are brainwashed or lying to themselves or too dumb to see the true way of the world.

It's just that this enjoyment is outweighed by the benefits of death.
Not for everyone, imo, which is a premise this post is based on. My life is worth more than the benefits of death to me.

People who do not want to CTB aren't "sheeple", but they are beholden to their survival instinct, and not rationality.
So . . . not "sheeple," just irrational animals controlled by instinct rather than thought. . . sounds like a distinction without a difference.

Pro-mortalism categorically rejects defeat. We want everyone (at least everyone who wants it) to enjoy the benefits of death. That's why those who have not yet died by suicide (and believe me, many already have) spend so much time talking about these ideas.
I know a lot of people have died by suicide. I also want those who desire ctb to have that option.

We want more people to understand our position and embrace its truth.
... See, it's the "truth" that I disagree with. Death being better than life is a case-by-case evaluation, not some universal "truth." I understand your position, although if I'd be happy to hear more if you want to discuss, but I will push back where I disagree.

I would advise everyone to disregard this "pro-death cult" fearmongering. What irony it is that the pro-lifers wants to re-educate us back into their false ideology when we have already discovered the truth.
I'm in favor of the right to painless suicide, so I'm not sure how I'm a "pro-lifer." I advocate for actual choice. If you disagree, I'm happy to have a back-and-forth with you as long as you'd like. I also don't see how the word "fearmongering" makes any sense in a post where I say that I believe everyone can feel better, the right to ctb should still be allowed, and no one deserves hate . . .

Much more could be said about this. I only typed this up in haste after noticing - to my surprise - that this "pro-death" group has had no advocate in this thread.
Again, it's in the recovery section, which the people I refer to don't frequent, and in my experience those people don't want to get too deep in the weeds. Feel free to be the "advocate" if you want, but the point of this thread is not to debate the merits of being pro-death. The point of the thread is that if you are trying to recover, do not let people who are pro-death tell you that happiness is impossible. It's against black-and-white thinking.

Reactions: ashtoreth, DefinitelyReady and GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Reactions: ashtoreth, timetodie24 and derpyderpins
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
We want more people to understand our position and embrace its truth.
I believe that's generally considered to be a cult.

The point of the thread is that if you are trying to recover, do not let people who are pro-death tell you that happiness is impossible.

I think you post was well suited to the recovery section. There are plenty of people who use this site that are easily influenced and need to hear different perspectives. As I said above, I found your post well written and thought provoking.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hvergelmir, GuessWhosBack and derpyderpins
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
To me there's a difference between "can't get a girlfriend" and that internet subculture filled with sexism and racism that deserves to be made fun of.
I personally think this kind of exclusion is the very cause of much radicalization.
I think exclusion is misguided in most cases, and I think bullying/laughing at people always is, whether we're dealing with incels or other radicals.

• Informative
Reactions: Tesha and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
I personally think this kind of exclusion is the very cause of much radicalization.
I think exclusion is misguided in most cases, and I think bullying/laughing at people always is, whether we're dealing with incels or other radicals.
That's fair, and I've said similar, so I should watch my wording more. Those young men get in a position where they are in need of support, and if those groups are the only ones who listen they will buy in, even if the ideology is all about hatred and "rotting" and negativity. If you are a young person struggling with loneliness and isolation that is a very legitimate problem to have.

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
That's fair, and I've said similar, so I should watch my wording more. Those young men get in a position where they are in need of support, and if those groups are the only ones who listen they will buy in, even if the ideology is all about hatred and "rotting" and negativity. If you are a young person struggling with loneliness and isolation that is a very legitimate problem to have.
It's also very suspect, in my opinion, that youtube promotes this and adjacent type of ragebait content to young men.

• Informative
Reactions: derpyderpins
Downdraft

Downdraft

Feb 6, 2024
People who have fallen for violent ideologies aren't getting out because you hug them nor you need to laugh at them for them to believe it. They do it alone. Some people just tends to do evil without external pushing.

Radical incels deserve to be shunned and we must make clear their ideas aren't healthy in any way. Tolerating everything never ended up well.

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
Well, we're now dealing with your newly-defined term of "pro-mortalists,"
"Pro-death" is an uncommon term outside of abortion discussions. "Pro-mortalist" is more typical and means "one who holds that death is always better than continued living for the one who dies" (though there are also slightly different definitions).

Not for everyone, imo, which is a premise this post is based on. My life is worth more than the benefits of death to me.
You think that now, but if you were to die, then all your suffering would end and no new suffering would be created for you as a result of your death.

if I'd be happy to hear more if you want to discuss, but I will push back where I disagree.
Unfortunately, this site is riddled with journalists and government agents who together form our new Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, and I would hate to add more material for them to twist and use against this site. You would get more lively discussion on Reddit (though Reddit also has its own problems). r/Promortalism is banned, so r/Efilism is probably your best bet.

The point of the thread is that if you are trying to recover, do not let people who are pro-death tell you that happiness is impossible. It's against black-and-white thinking.
Black-and-white thinking is apt for our black-and-white world. It is curious that you title this post "Pity the 'Pro-Death'" and yet accuse the pro-death of feeling superior. Pity manifests when the pitier feels above the pitied.
For a pertinent example, this site was only created after r/SanctionedSuicide was banned on Reddit for "giving method advice". The advice there was scarce and usually amounted to "a rope will hang you" - no detailed guides like this site offers. In banning one community, all that happened was the creation of another which many people find much more extreme. (Though, to be clear, I don't find this site extreme).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, sserafim and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
"Pro-death" is an uncommon term outside of abortion discussions. "Pro-mortalist" is more typical and means "one who holds that death is always better than continued living for the one who dies" (though there are also slightly different definitions).
Thanks for giving a clear definition. I certainly disagree with the philosophy for the word "always", but it is good to know generally what we're discussing.
You think that now, but if you were to die, then all your suffering would end and no new suffering would be created for you as a result of your death.
I've gone down this road of argument and philosophy. Ultimately, I end up rejecting the "death is 0, and since life could be worse than 0, death is better - even if life could be greater than 0 - because in 0 you aren't aware of the possibility of greater than 0" logic chain. It can be a fun discussion to have. I will gladly take the suffering in exchange for the good, even if an instant painless death were available. I get one shot at this life and I want to spend every second I can having experiences.
Unfortunately, this site is riddled with journalists and government agents who together form our new Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, and I would hate to add more material for them to twist and use against this site. You would get more lively discussion on Reddit (though Reddit also has its own problems). r/Promortalism is banned, so r/Efilism is probably your best bet.
I'm pretty against reddit since they banned the original ss, but I will take your word and poke around. If you'd like to discuss privately I'm happy to do that as well.

Black-and-white thinking is apt for our black-and-white world.
The world is very much so not black-and-white when it comes to individual experience.

It is curious that you title this post "Pity the 'Pro-Death'" and yet accuse the pro-death of feeling superior. Pity manifests when the pitier feels above the pitied.
Well, that's interesting to me for a few reasons. First, I've often said I view pity differently than other people. I don't get offended being pitied. Second, the specific people I'm thinking of when talking about this post have directly told me they pity me because I have a job instead of "rotting". Again, I'm not going to name them, I just find it funny.

The biggest reason it's interesting to me is the question of whether they "feel" superior. They certainly act superior. I'd say superiority complexes are common amongst them - and they largely admit it in different words: they have no reason to feel superior but literally claim they deserve better than other people from virtue of being born "special." It's really quite a rabbit hole to lurk on their other forums.

The conclusion I draw is that they really feel horribly inferior deep down, which I do pity. I don't think I'm better than them. I'd pity someone far better than me who was in pain.

For a pertinent example, this site was only created after r/SanctionedSuicide was banned on Reddit for "giving method advice". The advice there was scarce and usually amounted to "a rope will hang you" - no detailed guides like this site offers. In banning one community, all that happened was the creation of another which many people find much more extreme. (Though, to be clear, I don't find this site extreme).
The ban was complete BS, and I completely agree with you. That group being supportive is why I'm still here today. No one pushed me to ctb.