• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I've been on my meds since September and I was never impressed by their impact on me, I just kept going because I have literally nothing to lose. And along with my psychiatrist, I've been trying to find the right dosage, etc.
But today I'm at my parents house and I forgot to take my venlafaxine with me and whaaaat is going onnn? Even though it's not the only drug I use, I feel much worse, I can't think of one positive thing, I have zero energy and I'm pissed off whenever someone is talking or breathing, I don't want to eat, I spent the evening punching myself, etc. Crazy, I actually didn't know how much consolation it brings me.
I guess what happened was I started taking meds in the very same moment when my depression started to kick in really hard and that's why I thought it doesn't work. But now, chapeau bas, I was wrong, I love my red little pills. I won't forget them never ever again.
Just felt like writing it down, but I guess if you're one of antidepressants' opponents, like I was, maybe give it another try. It may be worth it :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, Looking, lost_ange2211 and 4 others
m4rius

m4rius

Dec 23, 2022
My dad is on Cipralex (Escitalopram) for almost 2 decades for generalized anxiety and depression and it works great, at the expense of daytime fatigue. (Combats it with modafinil)

For some, medication can somehow click for them perfectly. For me, so far nothing. I'm glad it does something for you tho

• Love
Reactions: Looking, Praestat_Mori, ChronicPainExistent and 1 other person
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
It can take a lot of trial and error to find the right ones / dosages. If a combo exists for you it can be so useful. My life is so much better since finding the right ones.

Effexor / Venlafaxine has bad withdrawals too. Short half-life so you can really tell you've missed a dose.

• Love
Reactions: Looking, Praestat_Mori, ChronicPainExistent and 1 other person
dinosavr

dinosavr

Dec 14, 2023
It can take a lot of trial and error to find the right ones / dosages. If a combo exists for you it can be so useful. My life is so much better since finding the right ones.

Effexor / Venlafaxine has bad withdrawals too. Short half-life so you can really tell you've missed a dose.
Oh right I was thinking about it too, the difference might be increased by withdrawal, but honestly, I don't know, I don't really care, I'm trying not to take it under consideration because I'm desperately trying to find any kind of hope for my future.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Looking, Praestat_Mori and ChronicPainExistent
Qua

Qua

there's no turning back now
Apr 30, 2023
I've been on Aposerta (sertralinium) for 2years or so. Lately I haven't been taking it and I noticed a drastic change in my mood, the way I feel and behave. I get annoyed much easier and more often, when I'm mad or sad it's 10x worse and I only think about hurting myself in one way or another. I know that the way I feel is because of specific things that have been happening but the how I react is different from usual, I have to start taking my meds again

• Aww..
Reactions: Looking and dinosavr
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
That's how I felt when I was discovering the proper antidepressant for me. :) I've spoke about it many times on here but I was opposed to it at first and now it's changed my life for the better. My life needs more improvement, but it's helped me a lot. Good luck man.

• Love
Reactions: vitbar and dinosavr
dinosavr

dinosavr

Dec 14, 2023
I've been on Aposerta (sertralinium) for 2years or so. Lately I haven't been taking it and I noticed a drastic change in my mood, the way I feel and behave. I get annoyed much easier and more often, when I'm mad or sad it's 10x worse and I only think about hurting myself in one way or another. I know that the way I feel is because of specific things that have been happening but the how I react is different from usual, I have to start taking my meds again
Yeah, definitely it's better if you do. It's good that you were able to notice that.

• Love
Reactions: Qua
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Oh right I was thinking about it too, the difference might be increased by withdrawal, but honestly, I don't know, I don't really care, I'm trying not to take it under consideration because I'm desperately trying to find any kind of hope for my future.
Ah my message wasn't meant to discourage. Was more meant in commiseration. I know what it's like to miss a dose and find yourself back to being emotionally unstable etc.

Honestly it sounds like you've had a glimpse of what it was like before the meds.

Reactions: dinosavr