• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

Uninfluential_Karma

Uninfluential_Karma

Rat Cult Leader
Aug 5, 2024
It's likely I'm getting a hysterectomy on the 27th of this month. I was a bit stupid and chose one of the safest options, a laparoscopic total hysterectomy. General anesthesia is a guarantee, but it sucks that my body reacts generally calm to it. Anyway, is there anything I can do to increase my possible mortality rate? Everything seems pretty safe about the surgery but it would be amazing if I could die during it, I doubt there would be any pain and it would appear as an accident. I know I'm probably asking for something that can't be done, but does anyone know anything that could help me out?

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, kvsvenky100, Downdraft and 2 others
Solution
willitpass
Since this appears to have turned into an ethical battle rather than answering the question: you're pretty shit out of luck with this idea. Anesthesia is incredibly safe nowadays. While there used to be many genuine concerns when anyone went under, it is now incredibly routine. You are heavily monitored by an anaesthesiologist the entire time who can sense any issues by even slight change in your vitals and work to rectify them. Were you to attempt to sabotage things by eating before or taking medications that cannot mixed, they would be on top of the issue before you know it. You are in an OR with several medical professionals trained in how to tackle an emergency. If you vomit and aspirate they'll suction you immediately and at most...
PinballWizard39

PinballWizard39

Student
May 3, 2024
I could try magically sending you my anaesthetic allergy? lol

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: etherealspring, kvsvenky100, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Upvote 1
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Experienced
Feb 10, 2024
It's likely I'm getting a hysterectomy on the 27th of this month. I was a bit stupid and chose one of the safest options, a laparoscopic total hysterectomy. General anesthesia is a guarantee, but it sucks that my body reacts generally calm to it. Anyway, is there anything I can do to increase my possible mortality rate? Everything seems pretty safe about the surgery but it would be amazing if I could die during it, I doubt there would be any pain and it would appear as an accident. I know I'm probably asking for something that can't be done, but does anyone know anything that could help me out?
Not very nice for the surgeon though? Imagine the guilt for them, losing a patient during a routine operation. Very traumatic for them and everyone assisting during the operation. Personally I think it would be worse than the effect on a traindriver when people ctb by train. Because for the surgeon, it will be viewed by others and them as a mistake by the surgeon, carelessness, lack of skill. Whereas at least the traindriver is blameless. Anyway, i doubt that you can increase your risk of death since it is actually major surgery and they would check for anything which might increase risk. I think your chances are low and you could traumatise the surgeon.

• Hugs
Reactions: caliban and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
The issue is anything you can do would likely be countered by the surgeon. Furthermore, you would just risk complications post surgery which may kill you but would put you excruciating pain in doing so. Unfortunately no.

Upvote 0
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Extremely immoral. Likely more personal than suicide by cop, likely more damaging, and you'd be doing it to people who completely unambiguously save lives daily.

Also almost entirely infeasible. The best way to pull it off would be taking poison but 1. If they noticed something was wrong (which they most likely would, they're doctors preparing for a surgery) they wouldn't start the procedure and given that you'd literally be in a hospital there's a good chance you'd be saved.

really really bad idea to say the least.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: alltoomuch2 and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
Not very nice for the surgeon though? Imagine the guilt for them, losing a patient during a routine operation. Very traumatic for them and everyone assisting during the operation. Personally I think it would be worse than the effect on a traindriver when people ctb by train. Because for the surgeon, it will be viewed by others and them as a mistake by the surgeon, carelessness, lack of skill. Whereas at least the traindriver is blameless. Anyway, i doubt that you can increase your risk of death since it is actually major surgery and they would check for anything which might increase risk. I think your chances are low and you could traumatise the surgeon.
Surgeons have the highest incidence of psychopathy of pretty any profession. They will be fine. I've spent enough time with doctors. Long as they get paid they don't give a shit.
A. Extremely immoral. Much more personal than suicide by cop, likely more damaging, and you'd be doing it to people who unambiguously save lives daily.
B. Almost entirely infeasible. The best way to pull it off would b
The issue is feasibility. There would just be an autopsy. It would reveal whatever op did. Surgeon would breath a sigh of relief, think ops and idiot, then not give a shit. Still op taking their life. Cops are different because you'd theoretically put them in danger + they would literally take your life.

People here radically overestimate how much people care and how much empathy people have.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Hmph!
  • Informative
Reactions: MyTimeIsUp, alltoomuch2, Downdraft and 2 others
Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
General anesthesia and surgeries are pretty safe! A few years ago I needed a surgery and honestly I hoped that I won't wake up. Just in case there are complications you'd be in a hospital and they wouldn't let you die. 🫂

• Informative
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and sugarb
Upvote 0
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Surgeons have the highest incidence of psychopathy of pretty any profession. They will be fine. I've spent enough time with doctors. Long as they get paid they don't give a shit.

The issue is feasibility. There would just be an autopsy. It would reveal whatever op did. Surgeon would breath a sigh of relief, think ops and idiot, then not give a shit. Still op taking their life. Cops are different because you'd theoretically put them in danger + they would literally take your life.

People here radically overestimate how much people care and how much empathy people have.
🤷 true I suppose, as long as the poison is identifiable they're good. Still a bad idea feasibility wise and as far as emotionless surgeons go a patient dying of unknown causes on the table is going to be significantly more inconvenient for everyone involved than a patient not dying.

Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
🤷 true I suppose, as long as the poison is identifiable they're good. Still a bad idea feasibility wise and as far as emotionless surgeons go a patient dying of unknown causes on the table is going to be significantly more inconvenient for everyone involved than a patient not dying.
Inconvenient doesn't mean people care about you? Honestly they are being paid handsomely to be "inconvenienced" who the fuck cares. I went to medical school... These are some of the most disgustingly selfish people on the planet. They aren't worth your sympathy.

For context I worked for free or pretty for free to become a doctor, worked my ass off in school and work, went to medical school was the victim of numerous crimes by doctors within the school, mistreated by future doctors who were to self absorbed to care about a living human being, lost everything didn't have anyone give a shit, needed mental health help and couldn't get a doctor to give a shit. So yeah they are being paid go wild. It's still a logistics issue....

Best choice? Probably coumarin. Counteracted easily by vitamin K. If a surgeon can't figure that out shouldn't be a surgeon.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: alltoomuch2
Upvote 0
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Experienced
Feb 10, 2024

Sorry but you're absolutely wrong. I've also known many surgeons as my father was an anaesthetist.
Inconvenient doesn't mean people care about you? Honestly they are being paid handsomely to be "inconvenienced" who the fuck cares. I went to medical school... These are some of the most disgustingly selfish people on the planet. They aren't worth your sympathy.

For context I worked for free or pretty for free to become a doctor, worked my ass off in school and work, went to medical school was the victim of numerous crimes by doctors within the school, mistreated by future doctors who were to self absorbed to care about a living human being, lost everything didn't have anyone give a shit, needed mental health help and couldn't get a doctor to give a shit. So yeah they are being paid go wild. It's still a logistics issue....

Best choice? Probably coumarin. Counteracted easily by vitamin K. If a surgeon can't figure that out shouldn't be a surgeon.
Maybe where you live, but certainly not my experience.

Reactions: Life Is My Coffin
Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
Sorry but you're absolutely wrong. I've also known many surgeons as my father was an anaesthetist.
Here . Sorry psychopathy is overrepresented in surgeons. Makes sense cutting people everyday isn't something generally a highly empathetic person could do. It's also highly competitive and high paying. Is there exceptions yeah sure of course. I am going to assume that's what you take issue with. Correct me if I am incorrect. I've probably known far more future surgeons/doctors. If your dad was this great guy who cares deeply about everyone and you why are you here?
Maybe where you live, but certainly not my experience.
I worked in both Australia and the US in the medical field (In family med, internal med, psych, derm, and oncology) and went to medical school in Poland. Where I was studying to be an oncologist, president of the oncology research group. The medical school in Poland brought people from every continent besides Antarctica. Meaning there was a pretty good sample size of different people and different cultures. Here is a drive and Here is my story. Want to know how much they offered to help. Hell a week or two after I asked numerous people if they even supported me on an emotional level. Like do you care about my well being and I was promptly met with a chorus of no's. Okay fine maybe it's just the culture there. I could believe that. Back in the US psychiatry they didn't give a shit. Mostly just powertrips and doctor's collecting an easy check.

This is to say nothing about the doctors actually committing the crimes. Arguably the worst was the "student advisor" a surgeon.

When I experience empathy from a surgeon/doctor I'll let you know. Until then I am going to believe this until I die.

Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If you do find a way to sabotage it, I feel like you should at least leave a note to say you'd intentionally done it and the surgeon/anaesthetist was unaware. But yeah, I have no idea how you would sabotage it to the point of death.

I don't blame you for wanting it though. I expect most suicidal people would love to drift peacefully off to sleep and not wake up.

Reactions: Uninfluential_Karma
Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
If you do find a way to sabotage it, I feel like you should at least leave a note to say you'd intentionally done it and the surgeon/anaesthetist was unaware. But yeah, I have no idea how you would sabotage it to the point of death.

I don't blame you for wanting it though. I expect most suicidal people would love to drift peacefully off to sleep and not wake up.
How are you going to leave a note that somehow the surgeon doesn't see until after? They'd do an autopsy anyways and find it. If it's a particularly caring doctor/hospital you'd find yourself in a journal article so they could up there academic papers and maybe even an MNM.

Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
How are you going to leave a note that somehow the surgeon doesn't see until after? They'd do an autopsy anyways and find it. If it's a particularly caring doctor/hospital you'd find yourself in a journal article so they could up there academic papers and maybe even an MNM.

You could set up a delayed email that you can cancel if you somehow survive. You could leave a note alongside a will and other things people will look for. Once you die- people are going to be going through your stuff.

I just think it's a (relatively) small gesture to avoid a lot of questions and blame being placed on innocent people. Maybe some do believe that all surgeons/cops/train drivers are heartless arseholes and deserve to be implicated in manslaughter but I'd like to think there are actually some genuine, caring people out there.

Suicides that directly involve someone else (without their consent) are indiscriminate- unless you deliberately target someone you believe to be a psychopath/sociopath. You very well may get someone who doesn't give a f*ck. Alternatively, it could haunt them the rest of their lives.

Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
You could set up a delayed email that you can cancel if you somehow survive. You could leave a note alongside a will and other things people will look for. Once you die- people are going to be going through your stuff.

I just think it's a (relatively) small gesture to avoid a lot of questions and blame being placed on innocent people. Maybe some do believe that all surgeons/cops/train drivers are heartless arseholes and deserve to be implicated in manslaughter but I'd like to think there are actually some genuine, caring people out there.

Suicides that directly involve someone else (without their consent) are indiscriminate- unless you deliberately target someone you believe to be a psychopath/sociopath. You very well may get someone who doesn't give a f*ck. Alternatively, it could haunt them the rest of their lives.
Like I said if you die on the operating table. They aren't going to go to rush you off to the crematorium. They'll do an autopsy to see why. They'll find whatever you did. Go how could I reasonably know or expect this. Furthermore, there's malpractice insurance (just one of things the university was fraudulent about by the way, they said we had it and someone called the company only to be told they'd never heard of the school/us). The doctor will be fine. Shit happens. There's always risks having surgery. It took Christopher Duntsch killing/maiming numerous patients before he was even questioned/investigated. That's someone going out of their way to inflict harm for a sick thrill. Even then he will probably get parole in 20 years. A surgeon with a patient with a freak medical issue. Nah. They'll be just fine. Maybe a bit more paperwork. But they'll probably get a journal article out of it.

• Hmph!
Reactions: alltoomuch2 and Forever Sleep
Upvote 0
Downdraft

Downdraft

Feb 6, 2024
Finally. Thanks for saying it dude. People think they live in candyland where every single person uses this place, is supportive, and tries to understand why things happen. A literal utopia if you ask me. Not only most people don't care about anything not related to them, but most people actively contributes to your misery guys, supports harassment towards our ideas, does nothing to improve mental health while in some cases attacking the depressed. The majority of persons are emotional, visceral, and do nothing to change. You owe nothing to this people. Tired of how the suicidal owe everything for people with completely opposite values who aren't giving anything themselves.

Reactions: pulleditnearlyoff
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Like I said if you die on the operating table. They aren't going to go to rush you off to the crematorium. They'll do an autopsy to see why. They'll find whatever you did. Go how could I reasonably know or expect this. Furthermore, there's malpractice insurance (just one of things the university was fraudulent about by the way, they said we had it and someone called the company only to be told they'd never heard of the school/us). The doctor will be fine. Shit happens. There's always risks having surgery. It took Christopher Duntsch killing/maiming numerous patients before he was even questioned/investigated. That's someone going out of their way to inflict harm for a sick thrill. A surgeon with a patient with a freak medical issue. Nah. They'll be just fine. Maybe a bit more paperwork. But they'll probably get a journal article out of it.

You're very probably right. I just don't see the harm in alerting people to what's taken place to speed up the process. I probably have a weird issue of not wanting to inconvenience people. So- it probably comes from that. Sure, they'll likely do an autopsy anyway but, the surgeon/anaethetists name would be cleared from the start. What if they can't actually find what went wrong too?

Anyway, I don't even know that it's possible. And sure- there are killer doctors out there. Doesn't mean they're all evil and uncaring though! I've heard of doctors and nurses crying because they lost someone.

Sure, they might be legally protected but I doubt every surgeon/doctor doesn't let death get to them sometimes. Nothing can compensate for that. I'm not saying- don't do it, although I personally prefer the idea of methods that don't involve others. I'm saying- at the least, make it clear that suicide was the intention.

Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
Finally. Thanks for saying it dude. People think they live in candyland where every single person uses this place, is supportive, and tries to understand why things happen. A literal utopia if you ask me. Not only most people don't care about anything not related to them, but most people actively contributes to your misery guys, supports harassment towards our ideas, does nothing to improve mental health while in some cases attacking the depressed. The majority of persons are emotional, visceral, and do nothing to change. You owe nothing to this people. Tired of how the suicidal owe everything for people with completely opposite values who aren't giving anything themselves.
Precisely how many people would be still on here if people cared or had empathy towards them. I think empathy truly exists in only a few people. Maybe people want to think they are good but they don't even really know what good is. They need to be told it. If you aren't anything in the world you mean nothing to them because they get nothing for helping you. I spent my life busting my ass to save lives and take away people's pain. My reward, my thank you when someone stole it from me. Nothing. No one gives a shit. Empathy doesn't exist in masse. Psychopathy is just a bunch of people who can fluctuate between playing the game of acting like the give a shit and not because they find it ridiculous. Like Autistics find social conventions ridiculous and struggle to mask it.

• Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: MyTimeIsUp, alltoomuch2 and Downdraft
Upvote 0
Downdraft

Downdraft

Feb 6, 2024
Precisely how many people would be still on here if people cared or had empathy towards them. I think empathy truly exists in only a few people. Maybe people want to think they are good but they don't even really know what good is. They need to be told it. If you aren't anything in the world you mean nothing to them because they get nothing for helping you. I spent my life busting my ass to save lives and take away people's pain. My reward, my thank you when someone stole it from me. Nothing. No one gives a shit. Empathy doesn't exist in masse. Psychopathy is just a bunch of people who can fluctuate between playing the game of acting like the give a shit and not because they find it ridiculous. Like Autistics find social conventions ridiculous and struggle to mask it.
I'm so sorry it happened to you, and know you're better than most people for at least trying. 🫂

Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
You're very probably right. I just don't see the harm in alerting people to what's taken place to speed up the process. I probably have a weird issue of not wanting to inconvenience people. So- it probably comes from that. Sure, they'll likely do an autopsy anyway but, the surgeon/anaethetists name would be cleared from the start. What if they can't actually find what went wrong too?

Anyway, I don't even know that it's possible. And sure- there are killer doctors out there. Doesn't mean they're all evil and uncaring though! I've heard of doctors and nurses crying because they lost someone.

Sure, they might be legally protected but I doubt every surgeon/doctor doesn't let death get to them sometimes. Nothing can compensate for that. I'm not saying- don't do it, although I personally prefer the idea of methods that don't involve others. I'm saying- at the least, make it clear that suicide was the intention.
Sure there's absolutely doctors who care. I was someone who if I wasn't robbed of the opportunity would've been one. I still think about patients that died of cancer when I worked in the oncology clinic. Their memory still lives within me. I still see their faces and remember their story.

That said I also dealt with many many doctors and future doctors I don't think this was common. I'm a good case and point. Bad people do bad things and it's up to good people to stop them. As far as I'm concerned everyone in that school had the capacity to stop it. Many people i asked for help afterwards in the medical or medical adjacent field could've stopped it. Doctors I went to for help because i lost everything didn't give a shit. I've seen way way way too many doctors/nurses not care for me to act like doctors by default care. They don't. Sorry it is just the truth.

Is there things that may slip an autopsy sure. But a semi competent surgeon can easily say this is what happened then i did x and then I did y and then I did z. Because of a and because of b and because of c this was the correct course of action. There must be something genetic or an allergy or something we couldn't see that led to it. As long as again they are worth their salt as a doctor no one is going to punish them or care they'll likely not even be questioned. Again I was the victim of numerous crimes i can prove in about 5 minutes and I can speak and it's still fucking hard if not impossible to get justice against doctors. In the US money talks and doctors have a lot of it. They'll be fine and they won't give a shit on to the next.
I'm so sorry it happened to you, and know you're better than most people for at least trying. 🫂
Thank you.

• Hmph!
Reactions: alltoomuch2 and Forever Sleep
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022

Hmm, but what's the answer then? Lash out at people randomly? Involve them in our deaths because a few people were unkind to us? Will that make things better? People are shit and uncaring to me so, I'm going to do the same to everyone else. How does that improve the situation?

It's not that I'm totally against these sorts of methods. I think some people truly are backed into a corner and feel like they have no other options. But, I don't really agree with the justification that- everyone's shit, no one cares anyway and they all deserve it. I simply don't think that's true for everyone.

Plus, sadly I feel like it's the wrong people that get targetted a lot of the time. Some random dog walker or child finding someone hanging from a tree. Multiple people seeing someone jump from a bridge. Someone just doing their job and finding themselves killing someone. Really, it's a shame we can't target the people who actually have control over our lives. That might feel a bit more justified.

Upvote 0
Downdraft

Downdraft

Feb 6, 2024
Lash out at people randomly?
What are you talking about. I'm saying the suicidal have a lot of guilt and anguish. The literal only thing I'm saying is to be easy on yourselves. You guys really need less things to worry about, I really on the suicidal person's side.

And it's not like this methods were their first choice, people would very rarely involve others if they had the means to die. It's just another reason to make assisted suicide legal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forever Sleep and brokeandbroken
Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
Hmm, but what's the answer then? Lash out at people randomly? Involve them in our deaths because a few people were unkind to us? Will that make things better? People are shit and uncaring to me so, I'm going to do the same to everyone else. How does that improve the situation?

It's not that I'm totally against these sorts of methods. I think some people truly are backed into a corner and feel like they have no other options. But, I don't really agree with the justification that- everyone's shit, no one cares anyway and they all deserve it. I simply don't think that's true for everyone.

Plus, sadly I feel like it's the wrong people that get targetted a lot of the time. Some random dog walker or child finding someone hanging from a tree. Multiple people seeing someone jump from a bridge. Someone just doing their job and finding themselves killing someone. Really, it's a shame we can't target the people who actually have control over our lives. That might feel a bit more justified.
I want to be clear I know this wasn't addressed to me but I'm not saying involve someone in your death. But if someone does to a surgeon I don't give a shit. And the repercussions are minimal if not zero.

• Hmph!
Upvote 0
K

Kali_Yuga13

Student
Jul 11, 2024
General anesthesia and surgeries are pretty safe! A few years ago I needed a surgery and honestly I hoped that I won't wake up. Just in case there are complications you'd be in a hospital and they wouldn't let you die. 🫂
I had surgery a little over a year ago. I was both afraid of dying and also hoped it would give me a permanent escape. I was both relieved and disappointed to have woken up. I got over my fear of anesthesia to the point that I now crave it. I guess I'm walking contradiction lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Experienced
Feb 10, 2024
Here . Sorry psychopathy is overrepresented in surgeons. Makes sense cutting people everyday isn't something generally a highly empathetic person could do. It's also highly competitive and high paying. Is there exceptions yeah sure of course. I am going to assume that's what you take issue with. Correct me if I am incorrect. I've probably known far more future surgeons/doctors. If your dad was this great guy who cares deeply about everyone and you why are you here?

I worked in both Australia and the US in the medical field (In family med, internal med, psych, derm, and oncology) and went to medical school in Poland. Where I was studying to be an oncologist, president of the oncology research group. The medical school in Poland brought people from every continent besides Antarctica. Meaning there was a pretty good sample size of different people and different cultures. Here is a drive and Here is my story. Want to know how much they offered to help. Hell a week or two after I asked numerous people if they even supported me on an emotional level. Like do you care about my well being and I was promptly met with a chorus of no's. Okay fine maybe it's just the culture there. I could believe that. Back in the US psychiatry they didn't give a shit. Mostly just powertrips and doctor's collecting an easy check.

This is to say nothing about the doctors actually committing the crimes. Arguably the worst was the "student advisor" a surgeon.

When I experience empathy from a surgeon/doctor I'll let you know. Until then I am going to believe this until I die.
I'm partly here because my dad cared so much for people that he overloaded himself with work, that led to him becoming an alcoholic and attempting numerous times to ctb including stabbing himself repeatedly in the heart. And I'm finding your comments very upsetting so I'm gonna leave it there

Upvote 0
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
You want to try committing suicide not only in a hospital, but in an operating theatre surrounded by doctors and nurses ready to resuscitate you? Now I've seen it all on here.

Reactions: willitpass and sugarb
Upvote 0
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
I'm partly here because my dad cared so much for people that he overloaded himself with work, that led to him becoming an alcoholic and attempting numerous times to ctb including stabbing himself repeatedly in the heart. And I'm finding your comments very upsetting so I'm gonna leave it there
Like I said exceptions exist obviously he was one. On the otherhand I've dealt with a lot doctors and want to be doctors. As well nurses and want to be nurses. They aren't nearly the good people make them out to be. Maybe I was a bit callous and emotional in my response it was probably heavy handed. My apologies.

Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
What are you talking about. I'm saying the suicidal have a lot of guilt and anguish. The literal only thing I'm saying is to be easy on yourselves. You guys really need less things to worry about, I really on the suicidal person's side.

And it's not like this methods were their first choice, people would very rarely involve others if they had the means to die. It's just another reason to make assisted suicide legal.

I'm just making the point that involving someone else is a random process. It might not affect them in the slightest. On the other hand, it may deeply. It's not that I'm totally against these methods. I understand that we're all being put in varyingly desperate situations and, desperate times tend to call for desperate measures. I completely agree with you that introducing assisted suicide would avoid all this. I'm not even really against people who go ahead with these methods. I think they must be in such a bad place.

It's more the arguments put forward to support these methods I don't agree with- eg. The unwilling accomplice won't care. No one cares. How do we know that? We can't predict how another random stranger will react to something like that. Plus, the whole- people have been shit to me, so I'm not going to care what my actions do to them. I just think that leads to more and more pain. Sometimes it is unavoidable- sadly but I personally feel like if we can avoid it, we should.

• Love
Upvote 0
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Since this appears to have turned into an ethical battle rather than answering the question: you're pretty shit out of luck with this idea. Anesthesia is incredibly safe nowadays. While there used to be many genuine concerns when anyone went under, it is now incredibly routine. You are heavily monitored by an anaesthesiologist the entire time who can sense any issues by even slight change in your vitals and work to rectify them. Were you to attempt to sabotage things by eating before or taking medications that cannot mixed, they would be on top of the issue before you know it. You are in an OR with several medical professionals trained in how to tackle an emergency. If you vomit and aspirate they'll suction you immediately and at most you'd end up with aspiration pneumonia (not a fun time, I've had it before). If your blood pressure starts to tank, you'll be bolused with fluids and pressors. If your heart stops, which they would likely see coming and work to prevent before it happens, they will be on you doing compressions within seconds. Of all places to try and induce a medical emergency, this is the place with the highest possible chance of survival. This is simply not feasible even if you wanted to. Odds are you'd put yourself at more risk of an infection or bodily harm than anything.

Reactions: FallingGrace and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 2
Solution