Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
"You are not alone!" Oh really? Then why is it that I have spent a good part of my life being rejected by others? Why is it that no one wants me in their tribe, and treats me like I'm not even there? Why is it that whenever I even hint that I might be unhappy other people will change the subject, or downright ignore what I've said? Why is it that when I'm out in the town or wherever else I experience nothing but rudeness? Randomers shoving past each other without saying sorry, people judging, sniggering and treating other strangers like crap for no reason - just bullying basically. Despite all of this that I experience you want to tell me, and everyone else that's suicidal, that our lives matter?

Wrong... I am alone.

Now rant aside... Sure some people are wanted, loved and aren't alone, but it is an unfair generalization to say that every individual in the world right now has others that care about them, or that they are not actually lonely. Suicide Awareness may well benefit some people who are in a dark place, and if it does then that is awesome. It isn't a quick fix for everyone though - nothing is.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, NoneMoreNegative, Mm80 and 1 other person
C

curiouskitty

Jul 13, 2020
Suicide prevention month is a bandaid. The real way to prevent suicide is to actually take action to repair the underlying societal and economical structures that offer little to no safety net and push people into feeling hopeless about life.

Preach, brother/sister in suffering. Accepting that governments must provide basic levels of survival for most people (including food, water, shelter) is the first step to minimizing not just suicide, but crime and poverty too. But the money for our second multi-million yacht...

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Mm80
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
"You're not alone" is like saying "you don't have cancer" or "you're not in prison". Instead of acknowledging the problem and try to fix it, they just pretend it doesn't exist thinking it will do something.

Of course I'm not saying being alone is like having cancer, just that both sentences have the same way of thinking

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I personally believe there is no cure to suicide. What's wrong with death, why is suicide bad, why are you trying to "stop" me when you don't even know how? Not even counselors know how to stop someone from ctb. Raising awareness for it doesn't just make all of our problems go away. I hate being told "Im not alone" because I want to be alone, I want to die.
I think suicide awareness is bullshit. We all know
"You're not alone" is like saying "you don't have cancer" or "you're not in prison". Instead of acknowledging the problem and try to fix it, they just pretend it doesn't exist thinking it will do something.

Of course I'm not saying being alone is like having cancer, just that both sentences have the same way of thinking
Dont worry though, the person who is telling you your not alone is gonna do 25 situps per day all month, for your benefit, and share it on social media.
...your life may be falling apart but my abs are coming together a treat

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Emily_Numb
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
So... let's take the next step. Let's make October Suicide Advocacy Month. We can engage people in discussions about suicide and argue our point. They've probably never heard anyone argue against them in the matter. They'd probably be ill-prepared. Let's change some minds, people!

*sigh* If only we could. :-(
I'm all for this. Any ideas on how to publicize it or whatever?