• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023
The hell is this saying supposed to prove. I get that it's trying to say something like: Death is forever, but this problem you got in your life right now is not, it will go away and life gets better again.

But some problems in life are not temporary. And the thing is, life is the source of all problems. The ultimate problem above all the other problems. Life as a problem may be temporary too, but taking the shortcut and ending it now, rather than waiting up to over 100 years for it to happen by itself, is actually a sensible solution. Especially when life gets unpleasant. Suicide is permanent solution to all problems.

Why care that you won't experience lifes entirety, when it won't matter once we are dead. The whole concept of experiences and memories will stop existing, it doesn't matter how long we lived or if we made the best of it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: tinydancer, Fish_astronaut, ColorlessTrees and 39 others
Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
most people only care because suicide effects them negatively, they don't care that you're suffering or if your problem is life long.

• Informative
Reactions: tinydancer, surroundedbydemons, NoLoveNoHope and 26 others
Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I also never understood what it's supposed to prove, i don't see how it proves suicide is irrational or not worth it, in the end, even if your problems are temporary, you still get away from all your problems

Reactions: tinydancer, surroundedbydemons, thenamingofcats and 12 others
M

MarkSmith73

Apr 14, 2024
The hell is this saying supposed to prove. I get that it's trying to say something like: Death is forever, but this problem you got in your life right now is not, it will go away and life gets better again.

But some problems in life are not temporary. And the thing is, life is the source of all problems. The ultimate problem above all the other problems. Life as a problem may be temporary too, but taking the shortcut and ending it now, rather than waiting up to over 100 years for it to happen by itself, is actually a sensible solution. Especially when life gets unpleasant. Suicide is permanent solution to all problems.

Why care that you won't experience lifes entirety, when it won't matter once we are dead. The whole concept of experiences and memories will stop existing, it doesn't matter how long we lived or if we made the best of it.

It's up to each individual person to make that decision and I won't argue with you. But whether by suicide, natural causes or whatever else, life exists after this earth. And it's much much better. But we came here to learn and that's one reason life is so painfully hard. It's like being in a foxhole without a radio. We're completely cut off from the other side but it's more real than anything. This life is only temporary.

• Love
Reactions: coralreef, Don’tDoxMe, divinemistress36 and 2 others
user127679866

user127679866

May 13, 2024
It's up to each individual person to make that decision and I won't argue with you. But whether by suicide, natural causes or whatever else, life exists after this earth. And it's much much better. But we came here to learn and that's one reason life is so painfully hard. It's like being in a foxhole without a radio. We're completely cut off from the other side but it's more real than anything. This life is only temporary.

Yes, I agree. This life is meant for lessons and our souls chose this life wether we like it or not. This is all a play, a video game, an illusion. Death is like waking up from a dream and coming back to who we truly are. This is why death does not scare me, only coming back and having to re learn my life lesson over again by ending it early does.

Reactions: coralreef, SMmetalhead36, YosemiteGrrl and 2 others
Confront4283

Confront4283

When I’m gone just carry on, don’t mourn, rejoice
May 24, 2024
"Suicide is a permanent solution"….good? I'm not looking for a temporary one, I want one that ends it for good. What an awful platitude

Reactions: tinydancer, Fish_astronaut, surroundedbydemons and 16 others
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023

Well, the truth is nobody knows. My personal take would be that if this is a painfully hard learning experience preparing me for next world, then there's no way it's for something much better.

You can't apply knowledge you learned of one thing in completely different unrelated thing. Therefore if I'm here just to get ready for the next thing, it must be very similar to this one, or maybe even worse given that we need to experience all of this suffering in order to be ready.

NDEs are no proof, but are interesting to see. It may aswell just be bunch of random hallucinations produced by our brains while we are dying. But who knows what really happens, I don't know either and everyone can choose what to believe.

Reactions: Fish_astronaut, tfnb, DepressedDude and 1 other person
lex

lex

Just another statistic
Jul 7, 2020
Exactly. It's actually a permanent solution to a permanent problem (life). Seems like a perfect fit. Who wouldn't want a permanent solution to something like that?

• Love
Reactions: tinydancer, Alexei_Kirillov, SMmetalhead36 and 7 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Don't worry. It's gets better. For all 8.2 billion of us on this planet. It gets better.

• Yay!
Reactions: Fish_astronaut, hav0c-inmybrain, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 7 others
M

MarkSmith73

Apr 14, 2024
Yes, I agree. This life is meant for lessons and our souls chose this life wether we like it or not. This is all a play, a video game, an illusion. Death is like waking up from a dream and coming back to who we truly are. This is why death does not scare me, only coming back and having to re learn my life lesson over again by ending it early does.
Very well said!

Reactions: SMmetalhead36, user127679866 and divinemistress36
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Death is white, not darkness.
Apr 17, 2023
It proves people are parrots. Temporary problems need permanent solutions.

Reactions: tinydancer, thenamingofcats, Alexei_Kirillov and 7 others
goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
Honestly when reading the title and clicking on this I initially thought this was some pro life propaganda then i realised you were trying to dispel this argument

The thing is though not all problems are temporary some are very much indeed permanent which you have stated in your post yourself,perhaps over time they become more tolerable but still

I can't say I entirely argee with the mentality of life is nothing but problems there is pleasures and joys to be had too it's just how far and frequent are those and do they outweigh the pain and suffering an individual suffers that varies from person to person not everyone should be forced to off themselves

If someone loved their life why should they feel pressured to die right,the problem with prolifers is they force their will to live onto you without ever being in a state to even consider CTB lacking any and all understanding,i believe at a point people should try to recover or people should even help them to do that but when it reached a certain point however

However i do argee in the aspect of how can you regret anything when your gone,perhaps this is if you fail your attempt and end up worse off or whatever exists of an afterlife wether one exists or not we don't know only regret could potentially exist then but even so perhaps its better who knows

But in the words of one of my heros would say

"Your here for a good time,not a long time" so yea

Reactions: coralreef, lost_ange2211, Don’tDoxMe and 4 others
M

MarkSmith73

Apr 14, 2024
Well, the truth is nobody knows. My personal take would be that if this is a painfully hard learning experience preparing me for next world, then there's no way it's for something much better.

You can't apply knowledge you learned of one thing in completely different unrelated thing. Therefore if I'm here just to get ready for the next thing, it must be very similar to this one, or maybe even worse given that we need to experience all of this suffering in order to be ready.

NDEs are no proof, but are interesting to see. It may aswell just be bunch of random hallucinations produced by our brains while we are dying. But who knows what really happens, I don't know either and everyone can choose what to believe.
It is very similar to this one but without the pain and suffering part. We can do whatever we want there and whatever type of work we want. Not because we're being forced to pay bills but because we love to do it. John is a great friend of mine and I personally know his story is 100% legit. Just my personal opinion but if everything is 100% perfect then maybe we just get bored and don't learn. Again, another personal opinion but I think this life is too hard with too much suffering. I don't understand why there's such a huge disconnect between here and the other side but there is. Being here on this earth is like being in a foxhole in a warzone without a radio.
Very well said!

I agree completely with everything you said. I personally don't want to come back and relearn any more painful life lessons either. I'd rather experience life on an easier planet, or maybe just stay on the other side for good. Personally I feel like I've already learned enough hard lessons here but I'm going to continue to stick it out. I don't want my 15 year old to be in a world without her father. But one day we'll wake up in a much happier and beautiful place and we'll honestly be able to say that we gave it all we got. And we'll be glad we did.

Last edited:
Reactions: user127679866 and divinemistress36
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I suspect it's because they simply won't accept that life won't get better. I suppose- for them- even the possibility that it could improve should be enough to cling on to. In a way, I suppose it's similar to the natilist point of view. That child could be blissfully happy. It could end up overwhelmingly grateful for its life. They seem to just ignore the possibilty/ likelihood that some problems are long-term and that life has a habit of continually presenting us with new obstacles.

Plus, they don't seem to acknowledge that our mindset isn't the same now. We don't even want to fight. We don't see the point. But- they will just call that mental illness. So- that puts them in the position of authority to be able to say- 'You're thinking this way because you are ill. When you are better, you won't see it like that anymore.' They also seem to ignore that at least some people- even if they do have mental illness- are treatment resistant it seems.

I agree though. The saying is just plain dumb. Who ideally looks for temporary fixes anyway?!! On a logical basis- if you get the chance to fix a problem permanently or, just slap a bandaid on it and kick the can further down the road- which do you do? Surely, you choose the option that ends your suffering permanently.

If they really want to help- they ought to be coming up with other permanent solutions to our 'temporary' problems because presumably- those who do suicide can't or don't want to find or try these 'miracle cures'.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Alexei_Kirillov, SMmetalhead36 and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I heard that so many times in the past years - your situation is temporary, it will get better, you are intelligent, don't be so negative ....

Nothing got better!! Everything just is on a very low level and there's plenty of room that I can fall deeper into the hole I'm already in ... but I don't see anything getting better any time soon and the more time passes the more difficult it'll be.

Death would be the solution to all this bc objectively there's nothing to miss out in life and we can't take anything with us to the other side.

• Love
Reactions: Fish_astronaut, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Don’tDoxMe and 6 others
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Arcanist
Jul 29, 2023
Can we say something similar about medication and therapy?

A supposedly permanent solution to a "temporary" problem. LMAO

Chronic problems require chronic solutions.

Reactions: tinydancer, SMmetalhead36, Don’tDoxMe and 4 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
It seems like a pretty badly thought out platitude. If it was a "temporary solution to a temporary problem", would that make it better?

Reactions: UmbraDweller
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Suicide is a permanent solution to a permanent problem

• Love
Reactions: tinydancer, AdamOndiAhman, Anonstudent and 5 others
femaletwink

femaletwink

Just being silly :3
Nov 1, 2023
If it's a temporary solution then it's a shit solution. Any good solution - like death - is permanent.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, SMmetalhead36, UmbraDweller and 1 other person
A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
Not always a temporary problem. This statement is the kind of thing that annoys me as some people's issues really are permanent and there feels no way out. Soundbites like this don't help people with such despair/pain.

Reactions: Fish_astronaut, Don’tDoxMe, Alexei_Kirillov and 3 others
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Apr 5, 2024
That argument is so bad it's funny, like what's the problem if the solution persists after the problem is over?

Imagine you have to travel a long distance to work (problem) and you get a really good offer on a car that you can easily afford (solution), but someone says you shouldn't buy it because you might be able to find a job closer to you later (it gets better argument), well if I do find a job nearer to me how does having the car harm me in any way? buying the car is a win either way.

I understand this is not a perfect analogy but I think it gets the point across.

Don't argue with people who assign a positive value to life, it's a waste of time.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, divinemistress36 and UmbraDweller
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
In my case existence is the temporary problem with ceasing to exist being the permanent solution, the fact that death is permanent is exactly why it appeals to me, all I wish for is to be permanently free from the futile and dreadful burden of existing as a human.

I find it so tragic how the true problem that is existence itself even exists at all when the absence of everything is perfection, only eternal nothingness is desirable to me, I'd never see a point to existing anyway, existence truly is just meaningless and unnecessary suffering.

Non-existence is always preferable to me especially as there are literally no disadvantages to permanently not existing with nobody being able to be harmed by the absence of everything.
Suicide is all that feels rational to me personally as suicide is suffering prevention in an existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, more than anything I wish I never existed at all, I'd always prefer to peacefully not exist than to suffer for decades on end just to die slowly and painfully from old age.

Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and UmbraDweller
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
It's just moronic. Whoever came up with it didn't think about it much, and whoever repeated it just thought it sounded cool but didn't think about it.

Whatever the "problem" is, and whether it's "permanent" or "temporary" is irrelevant.

Who tf doesn't want a permanent solution to a problem?

"I'm sorry miss, I had a look at that electrical problem in your living room but I'm sad to say the only solution I came up with is permanent. The problem may or may not have only been temporary, but this will fix it forever . . ."​
Oh the fucking horror.​
They mean it's an irreversible choice, but that's not quite as catchy and doesn't shame people as much. The funny thing is that calling suicide a permanent solution just makes it sound better than it is.

The real devils advocate is that suicide is NOT a solution to the "problem," it's a last resort course of action when the problem becomes seemingly unsolvable:

"Well, miss, I've looked at this electric issue every way possible and I just don't see how this lamp is ever going to light up again. Maybe someday we'll have new technology or things will just get lucky but idk." "Oh, well, let's throw it out, then."​

Reactions: SMmetalhead36, Praestat_Mori, jar-baby and 1 other person
anagram

anagram

Suicide: permanent solution to permanent problems
Feb 4, 2024
Autism isn't temporary
BPD isn't temporary
Schizophrenia isn't temporary

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: user127679866, wsx-rt, lizzywizzy09 and 11 others
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
People only get to say this when we put aside the concept of money and entitlement and strive to make the world a better place. We would provide quality mental health services, people would never be homeless, and everyone has a sense of community. This may also be that we would eventually have to recognize the right to die, but until we even try to do any of that earnestly I don't take statements like "suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems" because that's utter horseshit. People only say that because they haven't and wouldn't walk a mile in someone else's shoes. It's all virtue signaling nonsense.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and UmbraDweller
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
Life itself is temporary.
People forget and act like we're destined to live forever.

Reactions: user127679866, SMmetalhead36, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024

I'm the problem. I'm giving a permanent solution to this.

Reactions: user127679866, UmbraDweller, SMmetalhead36 and 1 other person
totheendofinfinity

totheendofinfinity

Trust in my self righteous suicide
May 26, 2024
Well my past is kinda set in stone, so yeah one of my problems is permanent.

lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
This quote or saying triggers me. Like others said before even life is temporary. And why can't we choose wether to live it or not?

If you've had suicidal thoughts for many years it is just not temporary anymore it became part of the life, a life most suicidal people don't want anymore. I always think: I haven't been given the chance to decide if I want to live, my parents did. Why do I have to wait for something to kill me? Just to go out the same way I came in?

Let people do what they need to do about their life and not harass them with such sayings.

Reactions: wsx-rt and UmbraDweller
A

Anonstudent

MBBS - Cura te ipsum
May 5, 2021

Yep a permanent solution, it's why it's such a stupid cliché phrase. The only thing stopping me personally is the amount of collateral damage. Like that meme "Mom, would be sad".