• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

duingmann

Jun 25, 2024
I'll probably kill myself in the near future due to too much suffering and anxiety, I cant take this anymore. I think i will hang myself due to the fact that I cant find a SN source, and I dont have access to a gun.

Hanging seems like the hardest and most risky way to kill myself, but most accessible. I have tried a slipknot around my neck and it feels like it doesn't get tight enough, my rope should be good for this, but when I have the other end in my hand and put the weight of my head in the slipknot, it does not tighten. Will it tighten enough when i'm hanging with my whole bodyweight? This has had me thinking that the worst scenario is me hanging concious for many hours and getting rescued. The other problem is finding a spot to hang.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and the_path_of_sorrows
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
Not likely to happen. The bodyweight will definitely create enough pressure either on the arteries or on your trachea. To ensure this, I personally will be adding some soap to the rope and then stepping off a stool (short drop). I have also considered adding something like two filled socks on the sides of the rope to quickly become unconscious but i haven't decided yet. It should tighten suddenly either way.

D

duingmann

Jun 25, 2024
Not likely to happen. The bodyweight will definitely create enough pressure either on the arteries or on your trachea. To ensure this, I personally will be adding some soap to the rope and then stepping off a stool (short drop). I have also considered adding something like two filled socks on the sides of the rope to quickly become unconscious but i haven't decided yet. It should tighten suddenly either way.
There's always a possibility and it scares me.

• Hugs
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Yeah, just wondering if it's possible for me to stay conscious for many hours and not die, if the rope doesnt get tight enough
Step off something that would not move away. If you don´t pass out in a reasonable time, step back.

By the the way, for me this is a good method to trick my SI: It is easier to step off when I know that I could get back. In fact the chance to survive this manouvre is very little, so you shoud only do it if you really want to die.