phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
For the first time in a long time I am not suicidal. I don't know what has happened or what has changed but I am currently not experiencing those thoughts. Of course, it is probably a good thing. I am not wanting to disappear or end things. I am not looking for a way out. Something has changed over the past week and like I said, I don't know what it is, but I am feeling a little more optimistic which is a very strange feeling since I've spent the last few years not knowing how long I'd be alive. I'm also finding that I don't want to hurt myself, I'm not getting the urges to self harm which is also a very strange for me. I know this isn't going to last though, I know that for sure. It never does. And I know that I will still eventually ctb, even if it's many many years into the future.

Suicidal or not, I still find myself coming to SS because I enjoy being apart of this community and talking to other people. So even though I don't feel bad right now, I'm still going to stay here because this is the one community that understands me (thats if it's okay to stay of course).

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BrokenHopes, PeacefulTonic, forgotten15 and 14 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I can imagine it must be a strange feeling if you are so used to being suicidal. I know it certainly would for me if for some reason I was free of suicidal thoughts. I'm pleased for you that the thoughts have gone. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, less than, mentalhealthfighter and 2 others
Death is beautiful

Death is beautiful

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I also dont feel suicidal thoughts lately, but like you, I know that this will not be for long

• Hugs
Reactions: mentalhealthfighter and phoenixx
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I can imagine it must be a strange feeling if you are so used to being suicidal. I know it certainly would for me if for some reason I was free of suicidal thoughts. I'm pleased for you that the thoughts have gone. I wish you the best.
Thank you! And yes, it's definitely strange. I'm like.. ok, what do I do now? I know that it probably won't last that long though but I'm going to "enjoy" it while it lasts.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, FuneralCry, mentalhealthfighter and 3 others
less than

less than

not important
Jul 25, 2019
I am so glad for you. Hopefully your 'new' feeling will last longer and I wish you are able to enjoy your life. And if you have the urges to talk you are always welcome here, might be in the recovery section. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: mentalhealthfighter and phoenixx
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I am so glad for you. Hopefully your 'new' feeling will last longer and I wish you are able to enjoy your life. And if you have the urges to talk you are always welcome here, might be in the recovery section. :hug:
Thank you so much :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: less than and mentalhealthfighter
L

LivvenDe

Student
Sep 22, 2021
Thank you! And yes, it's definitely strange. I'm like.. ok, what do I do now? I know that it probably won't last that long though but I'm going to "enjoy" it while it lasts.
I hope it lasts your whole life ;) wishing u love, enjoy!

• Hugs
Reactions: mentalhealthfighter, phoenixx, less than and 1 other person
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Update: As I expected, it didn't last long :)

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, less than, LivvenDe and 1 other person
P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
How are you doing lately?

I wish mine can go away. I know that will never happen though. 1-2 weeks until it's time for me to go