• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dykgot

dykgot

despondent
May 5, 2024
binge eating is destroying my life. i think i'm doing good with diet and exercise, and then my brain just shuts down, and everything in sight is a target for the disgusting urge to consume.

how does one curb the temptation to binge, and lose weight because of that? im already taking medication that somewhat treats BED (vyvanse, primarily used for ADHD though), and i have a condition that makes it hard for me to lose weight. i want to know the best methods to stop binging (bingeing..?) and see how far i can go without medical intervention with meds like ozempic. i have no will to live so i dont care if my organs are calcified from ozempic use, but i'm not sure how i'd get any.

this became a rant, but tldr; what are some methods to stop binge eating?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Toji, melancholymallory03 and ladylazarus4
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Does your urge to binge usually coincide with some emotional state like getting upset, traumatic memory, anxious about something, etc?
Are there certain foods that you binge (e.g. sweets, carbs, fast food, etc.)?

I have a few general recommendations but will help to know those things.

dykgot

dykgot

despondent
May 5, 2024
Does your urge to binge usually coincide with some emotional state like getting upset, traumatic memory, anxious about something, etc?
Are there certain foods that you binge (e.g. sweets, carbs, fast food, etc.)?

I have a few general recommendations but will help to know those things.
my binges definitely coincide with anxiety (school, work, nonexistent love life, money), as well as boredom, and the foods i go for tend to be sweets/fast food because i "should eat something" but dont want to make anything, it's easier to order out yadda yadda yadda. just laziness lol

ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
I'm struggling with the exact same thing right now. My ed changed from OSFED with restrictive tendencies to binge tendencies (I don't meet the criteria for BED completely). Binging is honestly one of the main causes of SI for me. I'm going to be honest, I don't have any methods that work for me. But my therapist and I are trying to find some. Following this thread for ideas.

Reactions: dykgot
dykgot

dykgot

despondent
May 5, 2024
I'm struggling with the exact same thing right now. My ed changed from OSFED with restrictive tendencies to binge tendencies (I don't meet the criteria for BED completely). Binging is honestly one of the main causes of SI for me. I'm going to be honest, I don't have any methods that work for me. But my therapist and I are trying to find some. Following this thread for ideas.
i hope we can both find some methods that work for us, i'll definitely keep this thread updated if i do find something that works for me 🤝

• Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4
H

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
I understand, because I go through the same thing (or similar), as I have the habit of eating a lot to alleviate my emotions. I eat when I'm mostly sad or stressed, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I could say that the only positive factor in my genetics is that no matter how much food I eat, I can't gain weight, but that doesn't mean that I won't suffer from side effects from eating too much food.

I personally don't care much about my own situation regarding this, but I wish you the best of luck in finding some way to overcome this problem of yours.

Reactions: dykgot
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
my binges definitely coincide with anxiety (school, work, nonexistent love life, money), as well as boredom, and the foods i go for tend to be sweets/fast food because i "should eat something" but dont want to make anything, it's easier to order out yadda yadda yadda. just laziness lol
Makes sense, it's a typical stress response for binge eaters to use food as a sort of coping mechanism.
Few things you can try:

Don't have sweets/binge foods in the house, cut out fast food. Often when people only focus on removing things, they eventually cave so you want to do something as a replacement for the habit. Some tips would be things like chugging water when you get an urge so it fills your stomach/having a goal to drink a gallon water a day, roasting vegetables or however you like to eat them (minus frying in lots of oil) to have as a filling and healthy replacement.

Fasting is a contentious topic around ED treatment, but having fasted a lot myself I can tell you it changes the way you think about food and developing control over mindless eating. Usually where people fail with fasting is gorging themselves once they break it, so key is to start small with a maybe half a day and then eat a regular meal, incrementally increasing how long you fast. This goes with the point that the urge to binge is more psychological than physical in the sense that your body doesn't need all that food. So what you are looking to do is break that habit and train your mind to not immediately jump to food as a coping mechanism.

Like you said laziness is a factor in ordering out, but you would likely benefit from preparing all your meals and having a food plan where you specify how many meals you have a day, any snacks (what they are and when during the day). Basically you want to develop intentionality in everything regarding food. Some people find over time their binge eating no longer is an issue they have to curb, so you may not have to be this rigid forever but you want to be pretty strict to change the habit while it is an issue.