JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Never used it, never will.

Reactions: blanketyblk, LastFlowers and Throwawaysoul
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I believe that is true. Another thing that I would add is that on social media, people are generally protected behind a screen so they are more willing to say/do things that they otherwise would not do in person. These things include talking behind one's back, being rude, ghosting, to name a few. I have experienced ghosting and rejection in particular and social media is a good indicator for it (at least imho) since it shows their true colors behind my back. I held that hypothesis from over a decade ago (when I first started college) and still hold the same criterion. People usually don't like confrontations so if there is a way for them to quietly reject you with the least amount of trouble, then they would do so.

Reactions: Enabran255
Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I hate it when seemingly self obsessed people continually post filtered pictures of them selves on Face book while showing off their new recipes or modeling " career "
There is a lady that is on my sisters face book who is about 46 years old , who does this . She models for different people , but isn't a professional model by any means . While showing off her recipes or other things she posts obviously filtered pictures of her self . I am positive they are filtered as most of them I think are flipped / mirrored , have had some smoothing over filtering done and she is un-naturally slim . Any photos of her with a group of people and she suddenly has put on weight and has more wrinkles

She also puts an out 20 hash tags on every one of her posts that screams " look at me "

Not to mention the different toxic posts I have seen on there , petty childish squabbling over things like politics and foot ball

Social media really does show the human species real colours

Reactions: Numbtopain97
Enabran255

Enabran255

Numbed
Oct 2, 2019
Ahh yes, just further proof that the idea of karma does not exist, people who contributed to my hellish experiences are also now thriving, I try not to look but once in awhile.. I do. It's a cruel joke, isn't it? So unbelievably unfair.

So true. Among the most damaging myths that can be told to young bullying victims, in fact. Right up there with "after high school, people mature and there's no more bullying." In reality, after high school the bullying is actually worse, because it becomes far more sophisticated, and done in lower key ways that are effectively impossible to confront without making yourself look mentally ill. In most cases, it's done at the workplace, so the penalty for succumbing to it is the loss of your very livelihood, as that almost always results in being fired.

Karma is a fairy tale. The girl I wrote about has had a happily ever after romance with that same guy from back then, they're still blissfully together and married even now. She got to stay in a desirable location (southern california) while I was forced to move back in with family in the middle of nowhere with zero opportunities.

The guy who ruined my father conspired with the lending bankers to raid his company, and came out of it with nice windfall for himself. To my knowledge nothing ever happened to either him or his cohorts.

I've never seen a case where the bullies I've encountered have ever had any kind of "karma" befall them. The fact is, our society rewards people who have those sociopathic tendencies, they're the ones that rise to the top and become the C level executives.

Reactions: purplemoon and Élégie
A

Azul

Aug 21, 2019
You just see what they choose to show you, but I understand how you feel. In social media environments we are pushed to continuuosly compare ourselves to other people, so we see their lives as the standard which we should adapt to, but that's not how most people live

Reactions: Élégie
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
I agree and relate with OP. However, I see it like this, I can do their things too. Travel? I did travel too. Did I feel good or happiness because of it? No. Same for most things like food etc. I just can't feel the happiness or anything like they do. And I fcking grew up with this so I doubt it will ever change. Fuck it. They have it better, yea but it's their life, can't change my shit, so whatever.

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
Do people have to take pictures of every time they smoke pot? "Look at me I just happen to be in my underwear, full makeup, oh look a bong and a camera."

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
The only reason people put up pics on Instagram is so other people can comment on how gorgeous they are. It's all about building up their ego.

Reactions: Numbtopain97

Oct 12, 2019
I use to use social media. imo there's just too much unfriending and unlikining and i don't want to be reminded of how many friends everyone has and how many parties they are at. even if ppl are acutally having a good time i am just done with it all and snapped so i deleted it. I hate myself so much but for once im glad i made the decision.

broken beyond repair
Sep 7, 2019
I don't mind social media in general, I've met most of the friends I've had in my life through it.
I hate instagram though, I don't know why I stay there. It makes me feel hideous

Reactions: 837

Oct 12, 2019
I don't mind social media in general, I've met most of the friends I've had in my life through it.
I hate instagram though, I don't know why I stay there. It makes me feel hideous
i Agree instagram is the worst to your self esteem and mood theres nothing worse than seeing a photo where so many ppl are tagged and you are left out at least twitter has random thoughts and there can be discussion but on instagram everyone's facial expression is there and i wish i was included and happy but no.

Reactions: 737492
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
It also makes me sad the world doesn't acknowledge the fakeness. They do the opposite and eat that shit up. So much caked on foundation on IG.

Numbtopain97

Numbtopain97

deader than dead
Aug 10, 2019
I use Instagram mainly to watch dank memes and other stupid stuff, but when I watch real people's accounts, it makes me realize how my life is shit compared to others, mainly because: They are not ugly (Unlike me). They have friends and social life. They have money. They always go on vacation. They are happy. Watching this makes me realize how much of a loser I am compared to other people of my age, there is nothing beautiful in my life .

• Love
Reactions: LiftedOut
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I use Instagram mainly to watch dank memes and other stupid stuff, but when I watch real people's accounts, it makes me realize how my life is shit compared to others, mainly because: They are not ugly (Unlike me). They have friends and social life. They have money. They always go on vacation. They are happy. Watching this makes me realize how much of a loser I am compared to other people of my age, there is nothing beautiful in my life .
I feel the same. I also can't stand listening to my friends talking about how brilliant their lives are and all the things they do. That's why I don't go out with them anymore.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I can take or leave social media, it depends whether I am in the mood for trolling the shit out of people or not, When I have had a few I find the idiots and call them out on their shit, it amuses my small mind
Today I fucking hate social media though, today social media is a c*8t, and I don't want it near me! But I am drunk so Ill prob lose my shit on their later and start calling people out on their bullshit again who knows

Instagram is the only one I tolerate, I limit what I see, I chose to follow mermaids and 3 people suffering mental health as well, people I actually know can screw off!!

UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
IMO social media started out as light hearted fun and a genuine way to keep in contact with friends and family but took a turn for the worse. Now its manifested into some kind of incurable disease filled with toxic social media influencers,fake click bait nonsense,unfunny meme,uninformed political bs and ads jammed in every corner.

It really is toxic - especially for young girls.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
R

readytogonow

Nov 12, 2019
I feel the same way. Deleting all my social media was the best thing I did.

• Love
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I remember the days when MSN Messenger , forums and email was still the main form of contact

I remember when I still had My space back in 2010 and face book had not long become popular , I didn't even know what it was until my step brother told me about it

I have never had an Instagram , what is that ? From what I have read about it , the thing is no different from face book , just another plat form to expose your self with