• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Background :
100mg per kg is considered a lethal dose (as mentioned in Stan's guide)

Stan's guide states : 20g in 50ml water for regular size person / 25g in 50ml for "large" person
It's probably reasonable to use 100kg for "large".

So that points towards 250mg per kg
This is a "very lethal dose", i.e. a reliable dose.

SN / Water Amount Lookup Table
based on 250mg per kg
This information is for illustrative purposes only and can be viewed as suggestions you may wish to consider. No advice is being given. No claim is made regarding the information's correctness or suitability for any particular purpose. Any use of this information shall be entirely at your own risk.

If in doubt, round up a bit.

If anyone has any suggestions for improvements, etc, please post.....

Last edited:
Reactions: persimmontea, aminend, BPD Barbie and 3 others
M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
where did the information on the water amount come from?

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
where did the information on the water amount come from?
Simply based on 50ml / 25g, then assuming a linear relationship.

But if you think that's wrong then we can change it, which is the whole idea of this thread.....

O

Onlyborrowedtime

Realising the golden age never existed
Feb 11, 2020
I like the addition of a table/teaspoon as a measurement! Although scales are easy to obtain, adding a rough estimation of size is really helpful!

I'm not to sure increasing the amount of SN you take over 25ish grams is worth it unless you are very large. From what I've read it just significantly increase your chances of vommiting. You'd be better making sure you fast/take anti-acids.

Reactions: Cedi and Indieblue
M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
I like the addition of a table/teaspoon as a measurement! Although scales are easy to obtain, adding a rough estimation of size is really helpful!

I'm not to sure increasing the amount of SN you take over 25ish grams is worth it unless you are very large. From what I've read it just significantly increase your chances of vommiting. You'd be better making sure you fast/take anti-acids.
I purchased and got a small digital scale which cost me about $25. Yesterday I tested it and it surprised me how small amount 25 grams are. I also tested it with things with known weight (coins, etc) and it was extremely accurate.
In any case I recommend to buy a digital scale and use it and not rely on spoons.

Reactions: _Minsk
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I purchased and got a small digital scale which cost me about $25. Yesterday I tested it and it surprised me how small amount 25 grams are. I also tested it with things with known weight (coins, etc) and it was extremely accurate.
In any case I recommend to buy a digital scale and use it and not rely on spoons.
Yes, scales are definitely recommended.
However, people still often end up in situations where they don't have them, because "life", hence the backup measurements....

I suppose we could "slow down" the amount increases when it goes over 25g.....
I'll maybe give some thought to that sometime when I next get a chance....
Might get you to cast your eye over the revised version....

Last edited:
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Oh la la! Coloured data table :love:

This reopens the SN intake debate .

An interesting distinction between PPH and Stan is the somewhat contented x3 servings practice . Seems PPH moved from 15g --> 20g --> 25g ; edging for 1 big dose : if vomited some , still enough to kill . That's an interesting take , and within the general idea of 'keeping it simple' (cool guys, now lose the stupid acid-regulators). Looking at the average 70kg±10 person , Stan said 20g and perhaps another serving ; PPH's 25g appears to be an overkill for that , in a good sense.

We haven't seen people surviving without being rescued, right?
I mean: "I followed everything strictly , took 20g proper SN , I vomited , I went to bed , and woke up fine". I reviewed success/failure and read SN recovery posts, but may have missed something .

Another thing to note here is the 25g/50ml . Going back to @_nitrogen cornea-distressing pixelated table , it appears that previous 20g/50ml yields a 40% solution , while the new guidelines of 25g/50ml would result in 50% solution (and even 50% for >100kg) . These appear to be over saturated -- though as potent as other concentrations , so no worries ... This means that some NaNO2 is not dissolved in the water , "floats" in it , and reaches stomach as it is , rather than Na/NO2 ions . It should not be significant for fatality , as GI tract is full of fluids , and intestines will absorb a fatal 5g(±4) SN ions (lol at the ridiculous wide range) . This is a rather side discussion -- it doesn't changes what we know , and should not worry the general [suicidal] public . But I'm sure some will ask .. An early dawn attack is the best mode of defense!

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/screen-shot-2020-02-06-at-10-23-38-am-png.26513/

The data table gives great perspective , obviously it is deductive so I guess we're not sure it should be taken literally . For example many women weigh around 120lbs but 12g appears to be flimsy . OP noted similarly ('don't take it as it is') so I'm just expanding on that , stating the obvious , and as usual contributing absolutely nothing . But typing is physical exercise so I've now had my 5-a-day now or whatever , cheers .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbones, x-Ace-x and BPD Barbie
Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
1 tablespoon is approximately 15g of SN, not sure how you're coming up with these spoon measurements?
And by spoonful I mean a heaped spoon, not a level spoonful.
Sorry, but I would really recommend using a scale as, even though SN is highly toxic, you want to make sure you don't fuck up with measuring or you will increase your chances of failure. Which would defeat the purpose of this forum.

According to this place, a tablespoon of sodium nitrAte is about 18g (NaN03 has a density of 2.16g/cm3, where as NaN02 has a density of 2.17g/cm3 so there should be no difference regarding the amounts here really.) I can see where you've come to the 30g figure though, but I'm pretty sure it's inaccurate and I am wondering if the volume is for level spoonfuls and not heaped.

We all know the algebraic equation for calculating density, and subsequently mass or volume:

p = m/V
rearranged to give
m = pxV

So knowing that:

m = 2.17gm/cm^3 x 14.8 cm^3 = 31.9g

So I'm guessing a non-heaped spoonful is close the values I've been finding? So discount my last post if that's the case. The conversion if for NON-HEAPED spoonfuls.

EDITED: mistake with density.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
1 tablespoon is approximately 15g of SN, not sure how you're coming up with these spoon measurements?
Sorry, but I would really recommend using a scale as, even though SN is highly toxic, you want to make sure you don't fuck up with measuring or you will increase your chances of failure. Which would defeat the purpose of this forum.
Thats what confused me. The table and teaspoon gram estimates. I thought a teaspoon was about 6gms and tablespoon 15gms. Very important that this gets cleared up surely.

Reactions: Defenestrator
Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
Thats what confused me. The table and teaspoon gram estimates. I though a teaspoon was about 6gms and tablespoon 15gms. Very important that this gets cleared up surely.
Hey, I just edited my post. It's been bugging me so I've bothered to do a quick calculation to try and figure out why there's a discrepency. I think the values in the table are those closest to non-heaped spoonfuls.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Thats what confused me. The table and teaspoon gram estimates. I thought a teaspoon was about 6gms and tablespoon 15gms. Very important that this gets cleared up surely.
According to this a teaspoon is 10gms and a table spoon is 30 gms? Not to be unthankful to the person who took the time and effort to put this together.

rntmss

rntmss

Taking it one day at a time
Feb 7, 2020

I think the discrepancy is that a teaspoon is a measurement of volume and a gram is a measurement of mass. They really shouldn't be used interchangeably.

Reactions: Stargazer100, autumnal, Mm80 and 1 other person
Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
I think the discrepancy is that a teaspoon is a measurement of volume and a gram is a measurement of mass. They really shouldn't be used interchangeably.
Yeah, it accounts for what can be contained within the spoon, of course liquid cannot be heaped.. So that's the discrepancy.

Reactions: rntmss
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Oh my, this is quite a lovely gift to wake up to. Thank you!

Reactions: jgm63
Terminally ill

Terminally ill

May 27, 2019
This is interesting, thank you for this work. I know that Moonie said she followed Stans guide closely but she took 25 grams and was succesfull. Does anybody know what her weight was, if she was regular size or not? I always wondered why did she take 25 grams. So are people inclining more towards Stans guide than towards PPH recomandations?Why is that?

Last edited:
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019

According to this place, a tablespoon of sodium nitrAte is about 18g (NaN03 has a density of 2.16g/cm3, where as NaN02 has a density of 2.17g/cm3 so there should be no difference regarding the amounts here really.) I can see where you've come to the 30g figure though, but I'm pretty sure it's inaccurate and I am wondering if the volume is for level spoonfuls and not heaped.

We all know the algebraic equation for calculating density, and subsequently mass or volume:

p = m/V
rearranged to give
m = pxV

So knowing that:

m = 2.17gm/cm^3 x 14.8 cm^3 = 31.9g

So I'm guessing a non-heaped spoonful is close the values I've been finding? So discount my last post if that's the case. The conversion if for NON-HEAPED spoonfuls.

EDITED: mistake with density.

A teaspoon is generally considered as around 5ml
A tablespoon is generally considered as around 15ml
These are "heaped" / "rounded" ("as much above the bowl of the spoon as in the spoon")

Sodium nitrite density is around 2g per ml (could use a more accurate figure, but little point since teaspoon / tablespoon volumes are approximate, and subject to variation.....)

So :
a teaspoon of SN will be roughly 5 x 2 = 10g
a tablespoon of SN will be roughly 15 x 2 = 30g

I had a look on the aqua-calc website you mentioned.
If you put in 1 tablespoon of sodium *nitrate* (as we know, the website doesn't have nitrite), then it calculates around 33g.
I think you selected "sodium nitrate, ground" instead of "sodium nitrate", which is why you got around 18g.
Also, sodium nitrate density is 2.26g per ml, so a bit higher than sodium nitrite.
I don't know where you got the 2.16g from. The aqua-calc website is also using 2.26 for sodium nitrate, which you can see if you select 1 milliliter as the volume.

So, I think I've used the correct values on my table.
And those values are for heaped / rounded spoonfuls (what most people think of when they think of a spoonful), and not "level" spoonfuls.

A "heaped" spoonful doesn't have to be anything special or exaggerated. It's just a normal "generous" spoonful.

Yes, using a scales is much better, and should always be the preference.
However, people seem to end up in situations where they don't have scales even though they're advised to get them, so I decided it was worth including the spoon values. I can understand why this may end up happening (things can get chaotic/rushed, people run out of money, etc - life happens).

According to this a teaspoon is 10gms and a table spoon is 30 gms? Not to be unthankful to the person who took the time and effort to put this together.

I believe I have the info correct....

Well, obviously I've accounted for the density of sodium nitrite when quoting the spoon figures....

Last edited:
Reactions: Quarky00
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019

An interesting distinction between PPH and Stan is the somewhat contented x3 servings practice . Seems PPH moved from 15g --> 20g --> 25g ; edging for 1 big dose : if vomited some , still enough to kill . That's an interesting take , and within the general idea of 'keeping it simple' (cool guys, now lose the stupid acid-regulators). Looking at the average 70kg±10 person , Stan said 20g and perhaps another serving ; PPH's 25g appears to be an overkill for that , in a good sense.

I mean: "I followed everything strictly , took 20g proper SN , I vomited , I went to bed , and woke up fine". I reviewed success/failure and read SN recovery posts, but may have missed something .

Another thing to note here is the 25g/50ml . Going back to @_nitrogen cornea-distressing pixelated table , it appears that previous 20g/50ml yields a 40% solution , while the new guidelines of 25g/50ml would result in 50% solution (and even 50% for >100kg) . These appear to be over saturated -- though as potent as other concentrations , so no worries ... This means that some NaNO2 is not dissolved in the water , "floats" in it , and reaches stomach as it is , rather than Na/NO2 ions . It should not be significant for fatality , as GI tract is full of fluids , and intestines will absorb a fatal 5g(±4) SN ions (lol at the ridiculous wide range) . This is a rather side discussion -- it doesn't changes what we know , and should not worry the general [suicidal] public . But I'm sure some will ask .. An early dawn attack is the best mode of defense!

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/screen-shot-2020-02-06-at-10-23-38-am-png.26513/

The data table gives great perspective , obviously it is deductive so I guess we're not sure it should be taken literally . For example many women weigh around 120lbs but 12g appears to be flimsy . OP noted similarly ('don't take it as it is') so I'm just expanding on that , stating the obvious , and as usual contributing absolutely nothing . But typing is physical exercise so I've now had my 5-a-day now or whatever , cheers .
"12g appears to be flimsy" -> Can you give more info ?

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
"12g appears to be flimsy" -> Can you give more info ?
No. We're all speculating here :haha: You know 1g can be lethal .. and 10g if some vomited can result in recovery.

If 110lbs person took 12g and vomited some , 5g absorbed in intestine could be fatal or not. Due to complicated intake this poison is not linear.

MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
Ooh this is really handy, so thankyou, saves me asking more questions.

I treated myself to new scales, only cost £3.50, all safely stored in my D bag.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Quarky00, WaitingAround2Die and jgm63
V

ViroMajor

Sep 27, 2019
For reference, EI during workshops calls for 35g above the weight of 100kg, similar to the PPH

Besides, underweight at 20-30kg (this forum supposidly filters out <18yo), no need to ask for more trouble ! lol request a kiss goodnight, you're about to drift away in your sleep
Oh, unless you're one of those epic SBSK kids - may be worth a thread on it's own

Last edited:
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
f.y.i. New version of table created :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-water-amount-lookup-table-v2.32241/

E

elacnt

Some people are born with tragedy in their blood
Feb 18, 2020
Sorry to ask but I'm new here and still very confused/have lots of questions about SN as I keep reading about it
So if my body weight is between mesures like 90kg and 100kg, which amount should I take?
The 45ml of water with 22.5g of SN or 50ml of water with 25g of SN?
I really don't want to mess it up taking too little or too much of it (idk if there's even such thing as taking too much SN)

O

Onlyborrowedtime

Realising the golden age never existed
Feb 11, 2020
Sorry to ask but I'm new here and still very confused/have lots of questions about SN as I keep reading about it
So if my body weight is between mesures like 90kg and 100kg, which amount should I take?
The 45ml of water with 22.5g of SN or 50ml of water with 25g of SN?
I really don't want to mess it up taking too little or too much of it (idk if there's even such thing as taking too much SN)

I don't think it matters tbh. The table is unlikely to be accurate and is more a guide. Plus everyone is different.

The facts as we know then as a community are. 20-25g of SN gives you the best chance of CTB for a normal person. I think you weigh is pretty average. The trouble with increasing your SN intake us you add more toxin which increases your chances of vomitting and failing.

Remember 5g is enough to kill a human (supposedly). 20-25 grams just ensures yoi have the best shot at it.

This is not hating on the table. I think it's a great idea still the tea and table spoons especially. But it should only be a rough guide

J

Jbones

May 19, 2021
How easily does SN dissolve in water?.
25g table salt dissolved in 100ml or 50ml is a thick mixture with salt not properly dissolved. I'm seriously considering putting SN in capsules instead. Any thoughts on this?.

J

Jbones

May 19, 2021

25g (or even the 20g) in 50ml or even in 100ml water is so thick I don't know how anyone manages to choke it down.
I'm considering taking SN in capsule form for this reason.