• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
hi as my date for ctb is getting near i just opened the two bottles of sn i bought.. to my surprise both the sn looked completely different from each other both in color and also in taste.. one tasted exactly like salt with tendency and the other had a weird taste. I have attached the photos. anyone here who has bought sn from reliable source and opened it please let me know which one looks original.

Attachments

• 93B664FB-2964-4F5C-B153-03B6C0CBD108.jpeg
    93B664FB-2964-4F5C-B153-03B6C0CBD108.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Wow
Reactions: essieni, TimeToBiteTheDust and Ennuimortel
Sideswipe

Sideswipe

I have 2 Simian Palms... DNA is F@£ked
Nov 20, 2019
The one on the right

Reactions: edward77
E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
the one on the right is very salty and in the left hardly has any salty taste....

E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
does nitrate and nitrite both tastes same ?

Sideswipe

Sideswipe

Nov 20, 2019
Not tasted it myself so don't know. It had a particular smell tho. Very light, kind of like crack

E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
Not tasted it myself so don't know. It had a particular smell tho. Very light, kind of like crack
thanks mate ur sn looked like pure white ?

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1
RealLifeTamagotchi

RealLifeTamagotchi

memento mori
Dec 15, 2019
hmm...according to wikipedia SN can be white or slightly yellowish.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Sideswipe

Sideswipe

Nov 20, 2019
Not pure white but very fresh and clean. Thats two different ones, one was a buffer and one was nano2 food grade. Both looked and smelt similar. Crystal white like, almost like crushed down crack actually... very light clean smell like crack.

in stans guide it does say can be a little on the creamier side for colour but tbh that one on the right looks like curing salt to me which is what nano2 is mixed with to cure meat
You wanna inbox me where you got them from and i'll confirm if it is one I've tested

Reactions: edward77
E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
smell wise nothing for both of them
Not pure white but very fresh and clean. Thats two different ones, one was a buffer and one was nano2 food grade. Both looked and smelt similar. Crystal white like, almost like crushed down crack actually... very light clean smell like crack.

in stans guide it does say can be a little on the creamier side for colour but tbh that one on the right looks like curing salt to me which is what nano2 is mixed with to cure meat
You wanna inbox me where you got them from and i'll confirm if it is one I've tested
please check ur private message

Last edited:
squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
The pink one could be pure industrial grade, which is sometimes dyed pink to alert people it is dangerous and is not table salt. As to why it doesn't taste salty, that is strange. I'd go with the one in the right. You're sure the one on the right is not curing salt, right?

Reactions: PapercutBandit
G

goomsoom

M - 30
Jan 17, 2020
Both sodium nitrate and nitrite should taste same, salty. I think the left one is not very pure.

E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
The pink one could be pure industrial grade, which is sometimes dyed pink to alert people it is dangerous and is not table salt. As to why it doesn't taste salty, that is strange. I'd go with the one in the right. You're sure the one on the right is not curing salt, right?
on the left has no salt taste.. on the right is very much salty almost same as that of salt v uses in kitchen

G

goomsoom

M - 30
Jan 17, 2020
Can you take out the sn in left jar into a bowl and take pictures. Curing salt should look pink may be because of lighting it looks brown.

E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
also there was price difference between both.. on the left the price was 3usd and in the right 6usd...no particular smell for both.. left doesnt have salty taste but right is very very salty
Can you take out the sn in left jar into a bowl and take pictures. Curing salt should look pink may be because of lighting it looks brown.
both photos taken from same position 1F1E2D88 43EC 43DB AA70 953C05F341C3 92165BB1 2C82 4A26 96A1 A97BE60B80AC

Last edited:
G

goomsoom

M - 30
Jan 17, 2020
Hmm yeah and advertisement of both says it is pure so it should not look that brown anyway. The white one has a creamy colour so that looks normal, but both nitrate and nitrite could look same we cannot tell just by looking what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and MsMaudlin
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I daren't open mine to check!

Hopefully someone can advise you!

Reactions: xBrialesana and Deleted member 13412
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
If I had to choose, I'd choose the one on the right. It looks similar to the SN I had and it was 95%> pure. Just my opinion. Did you test the purity of both? I wouldn't use the one on the left just google SN and see it's exactly like the one on the right.

Last edited:
M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
there is SN test kit available for purchase why don't you get it?
Has anyone used it anyway?

Reactions: Indieblue, xBrialesana and TimeToBiteTheDust
E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
If I had to choose, I'd choose the one on the right. It looks similar to the SN I had and it was 95%> pure. Just my opinion. Did you test the purity of both?
no purity test done..the brown one didn't have any salt taste. so i feel its not nitrite... the white one is very very salty... does ur sn has any smell ?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
no purity test done..the brown one didn't have any salt taste. so i feel its not nitrite... the white one is very very salty... does ur sn has any smell ?
Yes it had a strange smell i dont know how to describe it. I advice you not to use the brown one.

Reactions: Loner and edward77
E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
Yes it had a strange smell i dont know how to describe it. I advice you not to use the brown one.
do u tasted it ? for me the white sn tased almost like normal salt may be little more salty than the normal one

G

goomsoom

M - 30
Jan 17, 2020
do u tasted it ? for me the white sn tased almost like normal salt may be little more salty than the normal one
there is thread about someone who takes 1gm SN daily, wait I will find the link.

Edit: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-have-been-taking-1-gram-of-sn-every-night.30364/

@Quinlor

Last edited:
M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
the aquarium one?
no, I do not know what the aquarium test is.
Not sure if it is advertisement please excuse me if so but I was referring to the one on the PPH's website.

Reactions: goomsoom
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
There is brand on Amazon that sells two different strengths, I had to go to the manufacturer's website to determine the strength, only one of them was strong enough. I recommend going to the manufacturers' websites for purity info.

And yes, aquarium kits to test are advisable.

You can also test with a drop of blood to see if it turns brown, but I wouldn't rely on it except for comparing the two bottles against each other.

G

goomsoom

M - 30
Jan 17, 2020
no, I do not know what the aquarium test is.
Not sure if it is advertisement please excuse me if so but I was referring to the one on the PPH's website.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-an-aquarium-testing-kit-rough-version.18188/

This thread has both tests procedure mentioned.

Reactions: martin8383784 and GoodPersonEffed
M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-an-aquarium-testing-kit-rough-version.18188/

This thread has both tests procedure mentioned.
this is interesting however I cannot obtain this item (no stores near me), so the PPH would be the only choice

E

edward77

Dec 20, 2019
I threw away both the sn and bought a new one.. here is the specification.. does this looks good ?

Attachments

• 66285DBF-7F97-4101-AEBB-566AF9D18FB8.jpeg
    66285DBF-7F97-4101-AEBB-566AF9D18FB8.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 118