• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
I fell more comfortable using a slip knot for my full suspension tonight. Why do people recommend hangman noose? Slip knot seems to work better for me.

L

lostinthebleak

Nov 16, 2021
I fell more comfortable using a slip knot for my full suspension tonight. Why do people recommend hangman noose? Slip knot seems to work better for me.
I asked this question not long ago too. Based on the answers I got hangman isn't advised for short drop since it doesn't tighten the same as slip knots but then again I may have misread the answers. I was leaning to hangman's too and already had one made ready to go if I needed it. But I'm also working on my slip knot too

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I have never heard a single person on this forum recommend a hangman noose, everyone always recommends the slip knot.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, MeltedJello, Someone123 and 2 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
I asked this question not long ago too. Based on the answers I got hangman isn't advised for short drop since it doesn't tighten the same as slip knots but then again I may have misread the answers. I was leaning to hangman's too and already had one made ready to go if I needed it. But I'm also working on my slip knot too
you misread. I said that I was most comfortable with slip knot.
I have never heard a single person on this forum recommend a hangman noose, everyone always recommends the slip knot.
Because most people refer to partial hanging. I'm talking about full suspension

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
A hangman's noose is only used if you will be dropping at least 6 feet. Hangman's noose is designed to break the neck first and foremost. Slipknot is to constrict the blood vessels and trachea. If you're not jumping from 6 feet then hangman's noose is not recommended but you can always make both and compare them and see which one you prefer.

• Informative
Reactions: justsayin and Insomniac
Itsallover123

Itsallover123

Student
Nov 14, 2021
hangmans noose tightens from the main string, so it tightens under your weight. Slipknot tightens from the loose end, so you pull on it to tighten. I think its just preference, either way one would tighten their knot as much as possible by hand before attempting

• Informative
Reactions: Insomniac
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
hangmans noose tightens from the main string, so it tightens under your weight. Slipknot tightens from the loose end, so you pull on it to tighten. I think its just preference, either way one would tighten their knot as much as possible by hand before attempting
Are you sure? I thought it is called slipknot because the knot slips along the main string in order to tighten the noose.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus
Itsallover123

Itsallover123

Student
Nov 14, 2021
Are you sure? I thought it is called slipknot because the knot slips along the main string in order to tighten the noose.
They get mixed up a lot. It's called a slip knot because if you pull on the loose end it tightens the knot and if theres nothing in it the knot will "slip" out. What you described is a noose/hangmans noose

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
It's hard to discuss things without agreeing on basic terminology. Term slip knot is commonly used to refer to two similar nots, one of them is also known as simple noose. Forum members usually mean simple noose when they say slip knot, because the other one is a stopper knot and is not usable for hanging.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: fatefulstillness and Gustav Hartmann