• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
In this video showing the difference between a 'noose knot' and a 'slip knot' it is the noose knot that tightens when you pull on the loop and the slip knot doesn't.

Many people say to use a slip knot for hanging but this and other videos on YouTube show that it doesn't work. Around the two minute mark he shows the difference. Is this maybe why so many people fail? They are using the wrong knot?

Reactions: Meteora
K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
The slip knot will work fine. Plenty of people hang themselves without making the fancier noose knot.

As long as the knot holds and presses in the the arteries it should work.
Okay. This guy's slip knot doesn't tighten when you pull on the loop. Maybe he's doing it wrong.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Okay. This guy's slip knot doesn't tighten when you pull on the loop. Maybe he's doing it wrong.
If your slip knot doesn't tighten when you pull it then it's not a slip knot. That's literally the definition of a slip knot, is that it slips with tension.

• Love
Reactions: AlexYaBoy
J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
Slip knots go under an ear. I'd have to look around for the study I read, but the information is out there if you google some academic terms you'll get medicoforensic studies that amalgamate data from crime scenes IE successful suicides

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I found that out, too, that the slip knot won t work. There s a confusion with the terminology and for non native English speakers even more confusing. What I will use is a noose knot, just to be on the safe side.
There s various knots summed up as slip knots, so be careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kris7825
K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
I found that out, too, that the slip knot won t work. There s a confusion with the terminology and for non native English speakers even more confusing. What I will use is a noose knot, just to be on the safe side.
There s various knots summed up as slip knots, so be careful.
I agree. I just watched four more videos showing that a slip knot doesn't tighten at all when the loop is pulled. It is the 'noose knot' that tightens when pulled

I'm using a noose not. They look almost identical and I think people have been getting them mixed up all these years. Look how similar they are in this picture

Attachments

• Overhand-slip-noose.png
    Overhand-slip-noose.png
    249.9 KB · Views: 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Oh yes, they look so much alike. One works, the other doesn't

K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
If your slip knot doesn't tighten when you pull it then it's not a slip knot. That's literally the definition of a slip knot, is that it slips with tension.
Actually I think it's called a slip knot because when you pull on the end the loop easily slips and comes undone.

"The slip knot is a stopper knot that may be spilled or slipped instantly by pulling on the end to withdraw a loop. There is but one knot entitled to the name; any others having a similar feature are merely "slipped" knots." — The Ashley Book of Knots

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Actually I think it's called a slip knot because when you pull on the end the loop easily slips and comes undone.

"The slip knot is a stopper knot that may be spilled or slipped instantly by pulling on the end to withdraw a loop. There is but one knot entitled to the name; any others having a similar feature are merely "slipped" knots." — The Ashley Book of Knots
It slips if you pull on the end, but it should also slip if you pull through the loop. It's the same knot that's used in knitting and crocheting, which I'm familiar with so I've made hundreds of slip knots in my life. A simple slip know should tighten if tension is applied to the loop, if it doesn't, you made the knot wrong.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
This is getting so complicated 😆.
We have to just make sure the knot tightens with the weight, I guess

B

BardBarrie

Student
Mar 17, 2024
Thanks for this information.

Though at the end of the day we've still gotta have the courage to make that final step-off, with a head full of worries such as "what if it fails?" or "what if it somehow still doesn't cut off the carotids, and I die by a slow agonizing suffocation?"

I really wish we didn't have to endure this trauma gauntlet merely to escape an existence we never consented to.

K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
when you try to kill yourself by hanging :hihi:👍

but it's the wrong knot 🙀

thanks for the info!
You are welcome
It slips if you pull on the end, but it should also slip if you pull through the loop. It's the same knot that's used in knitting and crocheting, which I'm familiar with so I've made hundreds of slip knots in my life. A simple slip know should tighten if tension is applied to the loop, if it doesn't, you made the knot wrong.
This video for knitting shows that if you pull on the tail end it does tighten but that won't work for hanging yourself. It must be the end that is attached to the anchor point

Last edited:
Reactions: Meteora
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I suggest this knot. Super easy to tie. Then put the other end of the rope through the loop. Instant slip knot/ligature.

Attachments

• images (9).jpeg
    images (9).jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
This video for knitting shows that if you pull on the tail end it does tighten but that won't work for hanging yourself. It must be the end that is attached to the anchor point
Excately. That is what I noticed, too and I started to doubt myself yesterday and sat down making the knitting slip knot that I know since childhood and it resulted in what you say.

EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
I just did the slipknot but changed it so that the short end is long and the long end is short. It does tighten just like a noose but the knot rolled up slightly when under tension so that it would eventually come undone at the short end which became shorter the more it rolled up. It didn't come undone in the end but it potentially could in a real attempt possibly saving a person at the last moment.
To add: this issue will not arise when a person makes a more complicated slip knot like this one
How to Tie a Slip Knot 3838506186

Last edited:
K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
I suggest this knot. Super easy to tie. Then put the other end of the rope through the loop. Instant slip knot/ligature.
I will test that out. Thanks
Excately. That is what I noticed, too and I started to doubt myself yesterday and sat down making the knitting slip knot that I know since childhood and it resulted in what you say.
I wonder if this is why people are failing and say they feel pain but don't go unconscious. I've seen ufc matches where people are unconscious from a choke hold (not sure what it's called) in less than ten seconds. A tightened rope around your neck should put you out in quick with little pain with the proper knot

Last edited:
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I wonder if this is why people are failing and say they feel pain but don't go unconscious. I've seen ufc matches where people are unconscious from a choke hold (not sure what it's called) in less than ten seconds. A tightened rope around your neck should put you out in quick with little pain with the proper knot
Hm. Interesting thought. It might be...
What do you mean with choke hold?