busrider

busrider

Aug 10, 2024
  1. Should I use distilled water for my SN? I mean not for the test, but for the drink? Guide says "plain" water, but since English is not my native language, I don't quite understand how clean this water should be. We have water filters at home, is this enough?
  2. also a question about candy to remove the taste. what kind of candy should it be? Like sugar-free candy? Is Halls ok? chewing gum? The pharmacy next to my house have candy with natural juice(it's like regular candy, but the filling is very thick syrup), can I use them?

Attachments

• 1724645370050.png
    1724645370050.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There're no silly questions!

You don't have to use distilled water for the drink only for the test.
Afaik, you can use any regular candy.

Reactions: rozeske
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I did actually buy some distilled water to use. Not sure if it makes much difference but, seems worth the effort in a way.

Personally, I'd avoid any type of food- including candy. I think I'd have a bottle of mouthwash on hand to try and get rid of the taste. Again, not really sure if it would make a difference. Not sure about acidic sweets in particular. They advise not drinking fruit juices with it because of the acids. I think it turns the nitrite into nitrate. Probably wouldn't be a large enough quantity to do much but, I just think I want to take as few risks as possible really. Seems risky enough as it is.

But, I'm no expert. There are likely people on here who know more than me.

busrider

busrider

Aug 10, 2024
I think I'd have a bottle of mouthwash on hand to try and get rid of the taste. Again, not really sure if it would make a difference.
Mouthwash sounds like really good idea, I completely forgot about this option. ty!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep