lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

🖤
Apr 17, 2024
Ever since my great mental breakdown (the big first one which made me suicidal) a couple months ago and me starting to abuse my sleeping medications (bc I cannot sleep) and sometimes attempted at CTB, I start to feel like I have given myself brain damage.

The four big signs to me are:
1. Extreme brain fog
2. Cannot switch easily between languages anymore (I am trilingual). I can only think of the word in one language while I am speaking the other and get super confused *
3. Mix up spelling/sound of words as if I am dyslexic (which I was not)
4. Amnesia about things I did/said after taking meds

Does anyone experience similar signs? I feel like I have gone down a bad path…

* I think it is normal to some extent but it has gotten extreme compared to the past

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: RAJ GHRANDHICK, fleetingnight, the_path_of_sorrows and 4 others
card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
I experienced similar symptoms (other than switching between languages), which I feared were because I started hitting myself in the head as a form of self-harm. I've since realized that the majority of the symptoms were likely not linked to my brain being damaged but were from the stress of everything I was going through and what I was putting my body through. Once I started getting medicated for mental health struggles (which caused a large part of my daily stress), a lot of the same symptoms you are having subsided or at least got mostly better.

If brain damage is something you are worried about, and you can, I recommend seeing a doctor! A lot of your symptoms could be attributed to other issues; however, if you do have brain damage, not doing anything could seriously impair your quality of life from here on out. Seeing doctors sucks, but living that way sucks even more in my experience.

Reactions: alltoomuch2, RAJ GHRANDHICK, rozeske and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think you should consider visiting a doc and have that tested.

Reactions: Unknown21, rozeske and card1nal
T

timetodie24

Arcanist
Apr 14, 2023
I agree with others about talking to dr. Medications and mental illness can both affect cognitive functions without physical permanent damage . So whilst you may have affected your brain function, it could be tenporary and not structural damage.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, rozeske and card1nal
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
Ever since my great mental breakdown (the big first one which made me suicidal) a couple months ago and me starting to abuse my sleeping medications (bc I cannot sleep) and sometimes attempted at CTB, I start to feel like I have given myself brain damage.
Whoa, this is way too relatable, lol. I just bought 130 sleeping pills from two street dealers to stockpile for bad nights, because I've just had it with being awake in thoughts until 4am every night. Doctors don't even give a shit.

Brain damage: To me, I feel like I got brain damage in that things like gore don't even disturb me like before. I used to freak out before, when I accidentally saw gore videos, and told myself "it's probably fake, it's probably fake!" for days. Now I watch it when I'm bored. I feel less empathetic, although I intellectually would never hurt anyone and am a pacifist.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739