Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Well I hope they will, can you imagine the future and how medical science would have evolved in 1000 years time, would there be a need for a site like SS as members problems wouldn't be an issue, hopefully they would have found a cure by then but it also open the discussion of creating that super human through gene manipulation removing all the bad DNA cells.

Well what do you think the future holds ?

Cheers Geo

Reactions: LoNatural and WinterFaust
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I was just thinking about this the other day when I was down about how ugly I was. I was wondering if in a few hundred years or the next millennium they'll have full face and body transplants so if you hate the way you look you can just go shopping for a new face :smiling:

On the other hand the human race could wipe itself out by the next millennium. I think this is probably more likely than any serious advancements like I mentioned.

Reactions: Élégie, WinterFaust and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I was just thinking about this the other day when I was down about how ugly I was. I was wondering if in a few hundred years or the next millennium they'll have full face and body transplants so if you hate the way you look you can just go shopping for a new face :smiling:

On the other hand the human race could wipe itself out by the next millennium. I think this is probably more likely than any serious advancements like I mentioned.

Sorry I know if we were all beautiful the World would be a nicer place,

But I get what your saying just have a 30 minutes face swap and your young and stunning, take one pill and you have the perfect body and life would be great, can anyone send me a link to a time machine on Amazon, lol

Cheers Geo

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WinterFaust and mediocre
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
Well I hope they will, can you imagine the future and how medical science would have evolved in 1000 years time, would there be a need for a site like SS as members problems wouldn't be an issue, hopefully they would have found a cure by then but it also open the discussion of creating that super human through gene manipulation removing all the bad DNA cells.

Well what do you think the future holds ?

Cheers Geo

Ah, this makes me think of Gattaca, still one of my favorite movies to date. I'm not pissed at all though I will say that wanting to know what we'll be like in a thousand years makes me want reincarnate lol. The possibilities are endless. I mean, even in a couple hundred years there could be massive changes. I'm so unsure. If Octavia Butler's idea about humans being flawed because they are genetically intelligent but also hierarchical is true, then we still have issues. Hm... I don't know, it's exciting to think about. What issues would we have if most of our physical and mental issues are a thing of the past? Things have changed a great deal from the 11th century but the past is not the best indicator of technological and medical advancements. Glasses have been around since the 13th century and are still a thing. Hm...

I think that could actually be very likely, especially with how prevalent plastic surgery has become. Would it be something possible through global healthcare or would we still be worrying about the costs? I really don't know about the human race wiping itself out though? Unless in the next few millennia, genetic engineering truly becomes commonplace and most people are identically similar enough that some super virus wipes out everyone because of the lack of genetic diversity? I don't know... Humanity has survived so many plagues and disasters and the current population should provide enough of a buffer for any mass extinction? Hm...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Yes but we are evolving, even though it's slow which I'm not happy about, but now we have laxer eye surgery but in a thousands years time they will just change the eye ball, lol blind people will see hopefully we move away from personal wealth and act as a greater nation to learn, we would evolve much quicker.

AS for reincarnation they all keep saying that but it is rebirth as you are a different person.

Cheers Geo

Reactions: WinterFaust
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
Oh, absolutely. Lasik is currently a thing, there are trials being run to regrow lost auditory nerves (that can't regenerate on their own) and a whole host of other advancements that could be common place in the next 100 years or so. It's really exciting to think about.

That's very interesting! I'm like 98% sure there's nothing after this but if we really forget and have a rebirth, I guess we'll never know. We could be in a simulation of the past as well, haha.

one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
I see the same thing then as i do know, if this not an ash grey world by that time. Humans fucking with shit they don't really understand. Mutating this and that, splicing this with that etc etc. Ohhh lets screw around with this and see what happens. The elder forest of the world still being cut down, if there are any left, and releasing possible unknown things into the world. The ice caps and permafrost melting releasing more unknown shit into the environment.
But i am an optimist :pfff:

EDIT: Fuck i'm not sorry

• Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo, Brink and WinterFaust
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
I feel like you are being incredibly optimistic. I think humanity will be extinct well before the next 1,000 years.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Wolfjob_dayjob and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I see the same thing then as i do know, if this not an ash grey world by that time. Humans fucking with shit they don't really understand. Mutating this and that, splicing this with that etc etc. Ohhh lets screw around with this and see what happens. The elder forest of the world still being cut down, if there are any left, and releasing possible unknown things into the world. The ice caps and permafrost melting releasing more unknown shit into the environment.
But i am an optimist :pfff:

EDIT: Fuck i'm not sorry

Yes I see your point will there be an Amazon rain forest which is the lungs of the World and with the ice caps melting there are so many unknown viruses just waiting to be released which could wipe out humanity and the insect and animal population I put a link below it's amazing just the extinction of an insect the bee would cause chaos, people would starve the World would be in recession and panic buying would be the same or worse than the Covid-19. I think there will be a chosen few who live on a different planet by then but I also think there maybe a 3rd World war in the future as the World is already over populated and food sources are working at maximum to feed us and the oil won't last forever.

It could be different though they may have come up with way's to solve all these problems in the future but from my point of view it does look grim we will lose a lot of beautiful islands.

Cheers

Geo

• Aww..
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and one4all
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Sorry I know if we were all beautiful the World would be a nicer place,

But I get what your saying just have a 30 minutes face swap and your young and stunning, take one pill and you have the perfect body and life would be great, can anyone send me a link to a time machine on Amazon, lol

Cheers Geo

I've been bothering kpop idol farms with the question of whether or not they can rebuild my mouth.
Not now, of course, I went on this quest before covid showed up.
S.Korea is a crazy place!
I don't remember the exact prices, but they will literally rip you apart and rebuild you if you pay them enough.
I'll need to dig through my really old history. One place has effin' PACKS!
Hotel+food+surgeries+healing time+entertainment=20k$, or something like that!
Crazy people!

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Maybe I was being very optimistic saying the next 1000 years, lol, the evidence presented by scientists doesn't look good for Earth, thank God I won't be around to experience them all.

Cheers Geo

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Maybe I was being very optimistic saying the next 1000 years, lol, the evidence presented by scientists doesn't look good for Earth, thank God I won't be around to experience them all.

Cheers Geo
I wish you were wrong. Everything has it's time and everything dies. Every species becomes extinct eventually. Has to happen on someone's watch. The geological timescale and the population/extinction numbers are plain.

I spent much of my career as an archaeologist studying the rise of humanity via it's material culture. I call our current predicament the Toolmaker Paradox.
I've only ever seen this expressed similarly in one other place, oddly, a work of science fiction, where it's called the Toolmaker Koan, by John McLoughlin.

The book itself isn't great but the message is clear...
When a species reaches the tool-making stage, extinction is not far behind. The rate of social evolution is quickly overwhelmed by the speed of technological innovation. Disease is part of this process.

There is hope though, but it's a long shot, which is probably why we don't keep getting buzzed by aliens all the time. :heh:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, WinterFaust and Jumper Geo
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
I think there will be a chosen few who live on a different planet by then but I also think there maybe a 3rd World war in the future as the World is already over populated and food sources are working at maximum to feed us and the oil won't last forever.

Cheers

Geo

Ohhhh lord. Yes let the human race fuck up, ravage, pollute and destroy another world. :pfff:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Ohhhh lord. Yes let the human raise fuck up, ravage, pollute and destroy another world. :pfff:

Would love to see ET's face if we settle on another planet the first thing we do is start drilling and blowing things up, :haha:

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
Would love to see ET's face if we settle on another planet the first thing we do is start drilling and blowing things up, :haha:

Or they blow us up before we start F'ing up their world :wink:

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Well, Mars is on the cards. Realistically, it's the only place we can go. This is the long shot option. The question is, will we make it there in time?

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
  • Wow
Reactions: one4all and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Oh well, there goes the neighbourhood.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Well, Mars is on the cards. Realistically, it's the only place we can go. This is the long shot option. The question is, will we make it there in time?

The trouble is they have found these habitual planets similar to Earth but it take 120 years by light speed to reach them, lol so we will never reach them well not in my lifetime anyway.

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
Can anyone say stasis chamber? :pfff:

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The trouble is they have found these habitual planets similar to Earth but it take 120 years by light speed to reach them, lol so we will never reach them well not in my lifetime anyway.
Anything other than Mars is prohibitive due to the obscene distances involved. Think tens of thousands of years to get there. That's a long time to leave the lights on with no guarantee there's anything viable at the other end.
Can anyone say stasis chamber? :pfff:
Six times fast? I can say it bit I'd have no idea how to build one or power it for ten thousand years. :happy:

Last edited:
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Anything other than Mars is prohibitive due to the obscene distances involved. Think tens of thousands of years to get there. That's a long time to leave the lights on with no guarantee there's anything viable at the other end.

Six times fast? I can say it bit I'd have no idea how to build one or power it for ten thousand years. :happy:

They have experimented with a stasis chamber but you will be lucky to last a month in one let alone 120 years, lol mind you I did say not in my lifetime so who knows what the future will hold.

Back on tract discussing the future again, lol

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020

Try 12 times fast, while you are standing on your head :wink: I have know idea either.. but that's not gonna be my problem. I leave that for the next generation to worry about.