N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think finding a balance is very important. A nightmarish example about doctors prescribing too much addictive mediccation is the opiod epidemic in the US. The pharma lobbyist really have no conscience. I think many patients did not even know that the pills were addictive and very dangerous.

But there are also many examples of the opposite. In my country some psychiatrist barely prescribe benzos or other addictive medication anymore. My psychiatrist is rather an exception. Maybe she is a little bit too liberal with them. But she knows I am a responsible person. I never was addicted to a substance. It really is quite hard not to get addicted. But these medication have saved my ass now for several months. Normally I only take a very low dosage and I have days as a break without them in order not to get addicted. Maybe it is dangerous what I am doing. But honestly not being able to work would mean probably suicide for me. I don't have good alternatives. I am scared about these pills. But I usually don't take more than a half of them.

I think the patients need education on these pills. They can be very helpful if they are used in extreme mental states. Maybe the way I am using them is a little bit dangerous. But honestly without them I would have had a new mania some months ago...Nothing else really works...

Do you think adults should be treated as responsible citizens with the access also to addictive medication? Or is this too dangerous?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, onlyanimalsaregood and Oblivion Access
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
I mean, getting a script and oversight from someone who cares and has a clue wtf they are doing is certainly preferable to people buying off the street and self-medicating. I don't know if being liberal with benzos is a great idea given how many stories I've encountered of people being prescribed them or scoring them themselves and ruining their lives, they are also really not meant for long-term use at all and should be a last resort. Still, if the alternative is avoiding everything because of anxiety or panic attacks, benzo dependence might be the lesser evil. Worth noting, confirmed pharma 2/5/10mg diazepam pills for example are also infinitely less dangerous than "xanax" scored from Shady McFuckface dealer that almost definitely isn't alprazolam and is probably some RC benzo Drs haven't even heard of that's several times stronger.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Honestly I think there are two problems. First one is that people are often not educated on the. When they're given them. Secondly the mesical system needs to decide one way or another. If theye going to prescribe them they should give them readily not get people hooked and then treat them like scum when they come in describing side effects of addiction. At this point most people are essentially cut off and left to deal with the consequences and any attempt to get prescribed to deal with it is treated as suspicious and they're labelled abusers. Doctors basically bail out so they don't get in trouble for causing the problem. The whole system is backwards. So yeah either prescribe or don't. Don't create a problem and then defer punishment to the victim.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Niko66 and Oblivion Access
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
I think finding a balance is very important. A nightmarish example about doctors prescribing too much addictive mediccation is the opiod epidemic in the US. The pharma lobbyist really have no conscience. I think many patients did not even know that the pills were addictive and very dangerous.

But there are also many examples of the opposite. In my country some psychiatrist barely prescribe benzos or other addictive medication anymore. My psychiatrist is rather an exception. Maybe she is a little bit too liberal with them. But she knows I am a responsible person. I never was addicted to a substance. It really is quite hard not to get addicted. But these medication have saved my ass now for several months. Normally I only take a very low dosage and I have days as a break without them in order not to get addicted. Maybe it is dangerous what I am doing. But honestly not being able to work would mean probably suicide for me. I don't have good alternatives. I am scared about these pills. But I usually don't take more than a half of them.

I think the patients need education on these pills. They can be very helpful if they are used in extreme mental states. Maybe the way I am using them is a little bit dangerous. But honestly without them I would have had a new mania some months ago...Nothing else really works...

Do you think adults should be treated as responsible citizens with the access also to addictive medication? Or is this too dangerous?
I completely agree with what you say and understand you perfectly.

If it weren't for the medication I'm taking I wouldn't have been able to go back to work and be a minimally functional person either.

I find that in some people these pills help immensely. But they're definitely additive, that is why it's necessary to be very careful with them.

Where I live doctors have no problem prescribing these kinds of drugs.

In conclusion, I don't see myself quitting these medication for the time being because I feel I still need it and it has held me up. But I have also reduced the amount of times I take it (regarding the benzos).

Reactions: Lostandlooking