• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
I honestly believe that losing weight would make my mental health a bit better. It wouldn't solve anything, of course, but being able to go out and wear the clothes I want without the urge to cry or self-harm every time I glance into a mirror... that would be amazing for me.

So, what do I decide to do? Lose some weight. The gyms have been closed, and living in a studio it's very hard to do in-home excerise, but I've been out and walking everyday. I've been home-cooking and healthily eating. I checked the scales when it had been a month, and SUCCESS! Five pounds lost. It felt amazing. It felt like I was finally getting a handle on my emotional eating, and perhaps I was turning a new leaf when it came to the relationship I hold with my body.

Excited, I checked my weight again the next day. It was back up by four pounds.

You can imagine how upset, and confused, I was.

I honestly don't know what it is. Water retention... different clothes... different time... These all seem like excuses. Perhaps those things can account for a pound or two, but FOUR? No.

So... I'm wondering if a) anyone knows what's going on; and b) if my medication (I take 50mg of seroquel/quiteipiane at night for BPD) has anything to do with it. I know it can make you GAIN weight, which theoretically makes it seem harder to lose weight, but I'm in at least a 500 calorie deficit everyday. So I'm just really confused and upset.

Any help or words of comfort are appreciated.

anonbpdgirl
x

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
When did you weigh yourself? Was it after you woke up? After breakfast? Later in the day? Have you tried intermittent fasting? That's a healthy way to lose weight, or at least safer and easier than starving. I've lost like 10 pounds quite easily doing that.

Reactions: autumnal
S

SSlostallhope

Student
May 23, 2020
I calorie deficit most days yet still put on weight. I take Quetiapine too . I have gone from a size 8 to size 12-14 . I exercise and eat healthy. It's really frustrating so I can understand how you feel

J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
I was prescriped seroquel a few years ago, i never took it unless i needed help with sleeep. A doctor told me long term usage causes weight gain, similar with most ssris, that is what is causing your weight gain if your diet is ok.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I honestly believe that losing weight would make my mental health a bit better. It wouldn't solve anything, of course, but being able to go out and wear the clothes I want without the urge to cry or self-harm every time I glance into a mirror... that would be amazing for me.

So, what do I decide to do? Lose some weight. The gyms have been closed, and living in a studio it's very hard to do in-home excerise, but I've been out and walking everyday. I've been home-cooking and healthily eating. I checked the scales when it had been a month, and SUCCESS! Five pounds lost. It felt amazing. It felt like I was finally getting a handle on my emotional eating, and perhaps I was turning a new leaf when it came to the relationship I hold with my body.

I honestly don't know what it is. Water retention... different clothes... different time... These all seem like excuses. Perhaps those things can account for a pound or two, but FOUR? No.

So... I'm wondering if a) anyone knows what's going on; and b) if my medication (I take 50mg of seroquel/quiteipiane at night for BPD) has anything to do with it. I know it can make you GAIN weight, which theoretically makes it seem harder to lose weight, but I'm in at least a 500 calorie deficit everyday. So I'm just really confused and upset.

anonbpdgirl
x

Quetiapine can lead to weight gain. For someone with a calorie deficit, this could be reflected instead as a failure to lose (or gain) weight.

I would suggest weighing yourself at the same time each day and in the same circumstances (before meals etc.). Also in the same clothes or fully undressed.

I'm not into fitness much myself so don't have any other tips really. Just bear in mind that the medication is essential to keep you mentally healthy (or even keep you alive full stop) and that if weight gain is a byproduct of that, it is a necessary sacrifice to make. And always see an unchanged weight not as a failure, but as a victory against medication-induced weight gain.

J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
i was prescrinbed venflafaxine in october 1999. I was a 34 inch waist. By early 2002 i was a 44 in ch waist and had water retention problems, My doctor insisted the pill couldnt cause weight gain. I came of the effexor, unfortunately the weight doenst come off by itself so i had to do the atkins diet with calorie restriction to get rid of the effexor weight. At the end i was down to a 32 inch waist, however i was left with very loose skin. I cant afford to get this repaired surgically. I think a life of having this kind of crap has braought me to the suicidal dead end im at now at nearly 50 years old.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
When did you weigh yourself? Was it after you woke up? After breakfast? Later in the day? Have you tried intermittent fasting? That's a healthy way to lose weight, or at least safer and easier than starving. I've lost like 10 pounds quite easily doing that.
I weigh myself at the same time, in between breakfast and lunch (around 11am). I try not to fast because it's kind of painful haha. I just eat a lot of fresh vegetables and fruit with basic carbs like rice and noodles occasionally, as well beans and lentils for protein.
I calorie deficit most days yet still put on weight. I take Quetiapine too . I have gone from a size 8 to size 12-14 . I exercise and eat healthy. It's really frustrating so I can understand how you feel
This is so worrying. I used to be a size 14, now I'm struggling to fit into my size 20 (!!) jeans. It's so so upsetting, because I really am trying! :(
Quetiapine can lead to weight gain. For someone with a calorie deficit, this could be reflected instead as a failure to lose (or gain) weight.

I would suggest weighing yourself at the same time each day and in the same circumstances (before meals etc.). Also in the same clothes or fully undressed.

I'm not into fitness much myself so don't have any other tips really. Just bear in mind that the medication is essential to keep you mentally healthy (or even keep you alive full stop) and that if weight gain is a byproduct of that, it is a necessary sacrifice to make. And always see an unchanged weight not as a failure, but as a victory against medication-induced weight gain.
I get what you're saying, but my weight is the highest BMI level right now and is negatively affecting my mental health. I do believe my medication is helping my mental health, especially with my sleep, but I'm becoming unhealthier every passing day due to my weight. I will die to one of the these beasts: my weight, or my brain. But if I don't lose weight, I definitely will die to my weight.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@anonbpdgirl, I'm sorry - I understand how upsetting that can be. Maybe your scales are a bit like mine, giving a different weight depending on where I place them and how I stand on them. Also we always have to bear in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. So perhaps it's more relevant to note how you feel and how your favourite clothes fit, rather than what number the scales come up with? (((Hug)))

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020

anonbpdgirl
x
Quetiapine and Olanzapine (the worst) make you gain weight unfortunately, I don't know the exact mechanism. My psychiatrist told me he'd put me on Quetiapine because it's not as bad as Olanzapine in terms of gaining weight.

H

HeavyOne

Jul 4, 2020
Congratulations on your new path!
Every act of self love is an awesome gift, for body and soul!
I attached a general file for weight loss...it is not a straight line, unfortunately. I assume you are a woman... It is little harder for us, due to hormones fluctating (and it is very easy it is water weight). It is perfectly natural to go "back and forth", and I do know how much it is frustating!
Please, just look forward and I'm sure it will ease.
If I may give just one tip, please try to forget the scale. Do you have a measuring tape? It is a good friend during weight loss periods...

I really loved reading how you are handling it! Walking on plain hair, whole food...it is so comforting! Starting a weight loss journey is a great act of strenght too: it is like jumping in the darkness and hoping for the best. And junk food has been made to create addiction. You are a bad***!!!
And I do believe in your strenght! I'm sure things will get easier, just enjoy every small step.

Sending you a hug!

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: anonbpdgirl
anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
Quetiapine and Olanzapine (the worst) make you gain weight unfortunately, I don't know the exact mechanism. My psychiatrist told me he'd put me on Quetiapine because it's not as bad as Olanzapine in terms of gaining weight.
As difficult as it to get an appointment (last time I tried, I was on the phone for 45 whole minutes before anyone answered...), I think I'm going to try to make one with my doctor to talk about medication. Maybe she has some advice. Who knows. I feel like it's the next step to take, at least. Everyone I've seen has said it is so bad for weight gain!
Congratulations on your new path!
Every act of self love is an awesome gift, for body and soul!
I attached a general file for weight loss...it is not a straight line, unfortunately. I assume you are a woman... It is little harder for us, due to hormones fluctating (and it is very easy it is water weight). It is perfectly natural to go "back and forth", and I do know how much it is frustating!
Please, just look forward and I'm sure it will ease.
If I may give just one tip, please try to forget the scale. Do you have a measuring tape? It is a good friend during weight loss periods...

I really loved reading how you are handling it! Walking on plain hair, whole food...it is so comforting! Starting a weight loss journey is a great act of strenght too: it is like jumping in the darkness and hoping for the best. And junk food has been made to create addiction. You are a bad***!!!
And I do believe in your strenght! I'm sure things will get easier, just enjoy every small step.

Sending you a hug!
Aw, this is the nicest reply ever ♥️ Thank you so much, honestly, from the bottom of my heart!

I am definitely going to keep going, for my health even if my physical looks take a while change. The gyms in my country opened back up on Saturday, so I'm off there for the first time in months tomorrow. I hope they aid with the weight loss.

Also, yes, I am a woman! I knew the fat cells in my body were different to males, but I didn't know about how hormones and the difficulties with water weight, so that is very interesting to note.

Will try to get my hands on a tape measure! I'm worried, however, that it will take much longer to see the inches come off in that way, compared to this speed of losing pounds?

Thank you, again. After my incident with the scales, I felt so defeated! Kind of a "what's the point of avoiding all my favourite things if I'm not going to lose any weight, anyway?", but your reply has really inspired me.

• Love
Reactions: HeavyOne
H

HeavyOne

Jul 4, 2020
Thank you for your kind words! You really made my day!
I'm very proud of your attitude!
If I may be of any help, you can PM me whener you want!

• Love
Reactions: anonbpdgirl