• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

thepiecessatup

thepiecessatup

Jan 9, 2024
Does anyone here with BPD have any experience with seroquel aka quietiapine? I'm about to be put on them and wondered about other people's experiences. Thanks all.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
I only took it for like 2 weeks so I'm not sure how much value my experience has. But it was recommended to take it right before bed, and it seemed to work pretty okay. I seemed to be more mentally stable than usual, and I think my paranoia got a bit better. I didn't really notice any side effects except for feeling out of it and drowsy for a bit after taking a pill, but that usually wasn't a problem since I went to sleep soon after

L

life360d_on_me

Apr 19, 2024
I only took it for like 2 weeks so I'm not sure how much value my experience has. But it was recommended to take it right before bed, and it seemed to work pretty okay. I seemed to be more mentally stable than usual, and I think my paranoia got a bit better. I didn't really notice any side effects except for feeling out of it and drowsy for a bit after taking a pill, but that usually wasn't a problem since I went to sleep soon after
You have any troubles with it long term? How was coming off of it?

• Love
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
You have any troubles with it long term? How was coming off of it?
I think coming off of it my moods were much more erratic and I got agitated more often, also generally felt unwell and mental health declined. I stopped it abruptly, as well as the mood stabilizers I was taking, so that may have had something to do with it. As for long term effects I'm not really sure, I don't think there was any long terms effect

L

life360d_on_me

Apr 19, 2024
Were you just taking it for sleep? It is very strong. Were you able to sleep once coming off of it?

• Love
gingermacie

gingermacie

head in the clouds
Apr 5, 2024
I hated it. My depression outweighs my delusions, so it made the depression way worse. I was tired, hungry and could barely swallow after I took it. Antipsychotics shrink the brain over time and of course doctors won't tell you that.

Antipsychotics should be a last resort based on my observation. Seroquel can help you get out of an episode, definitely, but CBT/DBT is a more sustainable treatment over time (imo)

L

life360d_on_me

Apr 19, 2024
I hated it. My depression outweighs my delusions, so it made the depression way worse. I was tired, hungry and could barely swallow after I took it. Antipsychotics shrink the brain over time and of course doctors won't tell you that.

Antipsychotics should be a last resort based on my observation. Seroquel can help you get out of an episode, definitely, but CBT/DBT is a more sustainable treatment over time (imo)
Damn. Wish I knew this.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
400mg a day, no effect at all.

thepiecessatup

thepiecessatup

Jan 9, 2024

It's making me starving hungry.
400mg a day, no effect at all.
I'm on a low dose and only had three so far I think but it's making me extremely tired (which I welcome as it stops the rumination) but also ridiculously hungry.

luisamanequim

luisamanequim

Nov 8, 2023
Does anyone here with BPD have any experience with seroquel aka quietiapine? I'm about to be put on them and wondered about other people's experiences. Thanks all.
I have two distinct experiences whit that medication, one was mine (I have bdp) with a low dose for nightmares (around 10-20mg) and my ex (anxiety disorder) with a high dose for anxiety (200mg and 300mg)

my experience was pretty chill, I would take it before I go to sleep and I would sleep like a rock but as my routine got tighter and I only slept 6 hours a talked to my new doctor and we cut that med out bc it was making me to sleppy. so for low doses try to get your 7-9 hours of sleep and you'll be fine.

my ex: he took it also before he went to sleep and he would sleep A LOT until the afternoon (he was jobless and didn't study ik ik) he would also sleep like a rock. so if you're going to take high doses you might get sleppy BUT my ex didn't take it regularly as he should so maybe his body never acostumed to it.

L

life360d_on_me

Apr 19, 2024
I have two distinct experiences whit that medication, one was mine (I have bdp) with a low dose for nightmares (around 10-20mg) and my ex (anxiety disorder) with a high dose for anxiety (200mg and 300mg)

my experience was pretty chill, I would take it before I go to sleep and I would sleep like a rock but as my routine got tighter and I only slept 6 hours a talked to my new doctor and we cut that med out bc it was making me to sleppy. so for low doses try to get your 7-9 hours of sleep and you'll be fine.

my ex: he took it also before he went to sleep and he would sleep A LOT until the afternoon (he was jobless and didn't study ik ik) he would also sleep like a rock. so if you're going to take high doses you might get sleppy BUT my ex didn't take it regularly as he should so maybe his body never acostumed to it.
It is honestly probably a good thing his body didn't get accustomed to it.