S

stupid little girl

always sad
Nov 28, 2019
Hello to whoever reads this. Recently I won a scholarship to help pay my students loans. It was $3,000 and while it wasn't a whole lot, it certainly helped.
I am grateful for being selected, however there is also a sense of guilt to. I am still suicidal and think about killing myself every day. It just feels like I'm getting closer and closer to snapping and moving up my date. But my point of this post is that I feel a sense of guilt for taking money away from someone else who wants to live. That money could help them out of debt and make them happier and less stressed. Whereas I will probably die sooner by suicide and my outstanding student loans will cease to exist. At least I think they will because I don't think where I live they force my family to pay them off. So, I was wondering if anyone else ever feels guilty for accepting something that could really help someone else who wants to live when you're suicidal and it doesn't matter?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: searchingfreedom, GravityUtilizer, Ghost2211 and 3 others
BLUE1970

BLUE1970

Experienced
Nov 3, 2020
Please don't feel guilty about accepting a scholarship, I'm employed by a leading London uni and know how scholarships work. Take comfort that you were selected for the award due to your achievements.

• Hugs
Reactions: bov, kjghfg, Ghost2211 and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It would be selfish if you were certain you were going to suicide, but you're not, so congratulations on the scholarship.

• Hugs
Reactions: stupid little girl
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I don't think it's selfish. Every day that we are alive is a day that we need to keep functioning and living. I'm not a big fan of the concept of living as if we are dead while we are alive, So that means as long as life goes on life goes on.

• Hugs
Reactions: stupid little girl, kjghfg and woxihuanni
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Student debt shouldn't exist anyway

Reactions: GravityUtilizer, stupid little girl, raindrop and 2 others
K

kjghfg

Nov 4, 2020
You have to take what you can get in this society. You didn't step on anyone to get that, you rightfully were awarded it as @BLUE1970 said and I agree with the above post that the way the college system is, that people have to be indebted to gain a higher level of education is wrong, but you weren't the one who created that system. Not deciding to take your scholarship would put even more pressure on you or made things worse and I'm guessing that's not what you need x

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GravityUtilizer, stupid little girl and BLUE1970