• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Abditory

Abditory

The feeling that you won’t be here much longer
Jan 16, 2024
I can't bother to even put grammar or thought into this vent but I just accepted my college offer today and I'm so scared. I put it off for the longest because I knew once I pressed accept that everything would feel much more real AND IT REALLY IS. It's so scary and stressful for no reason, I should be happy that I have this new fresh start but I'm so scared. I don't want to go to college and grow up, I don't want to have the stress of assignments all over again and I'm just so tired.

I really wish I was a kid again, a kid with nothing to worry about.

I should be grateful for this opportunity
Why am I so scared, I don't want to be scared

Last edited:
AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
It's totally normal to feel that way.

Maybe think of it as if you get a good degree, you'll get a good job, which will give you more time/money to do what you like in the long run. And if you do a course of study you really like it won't always feel like work.

tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
It's totally normal to feel that way.

Maybe think of it as if you get a good degree, you'll get a good job, which will give you more time/money to do what you like in the long run. And if you do a course of study you really like it won't always feel like work.
Exactly.

Reactions: Abditory
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Life is a contact sport and not everyone is ready to play the game.
You will probably be ok. It is stressful by design. That does not suit everyone. Only you really know and it seems you know!
Are you venting or considering an early exit?

Last edited:
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
It is scary to go to college because you'll be in a new environment away from home for the first time in your life. But college also brings the opportunity for a lot of learning experiences, both through education and interaction with people. You have the opportunity to meet with a lot of very different people and learn about a lot of subjects that you have probably not thought about before. You can also have the chance to do a lot of fun things through clubs and student activities.

Also remember, you can take it slow. When I started college, I was very, very shy. The first semester I just focused on getting used to taking classes and being away from home. Then once I was comfortable with that, I started looking into spreading my wings a little more. I made friends, joined clubs, got a campus job. I didn't move on to the next step until I was comfortable with where I was at and I reminded myself that I didn't have to do everything either. Just do what you feel comfortable with and take it one step at a time. You're gonna do great! :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Abditory
Abditory

Abditory

The feeling that you won’t be here much longer
Jan 16, 2024
Life is a contact sport and not everyone is ready to play the game.
You will probably be ok. It is stressful by design. That does not suit everyone. Only you really know and it seems you know!
Are you venting or considering an early exit?
Just venting, I think I am in a okay place right now that I don't want to consider an early exit. :-)
It is scary to go to college because you'll be in a new environment away from home for the first time in your life. But college also brings the opportunity for a lot of learning experiences, both through education and interaction with people. You have the opportunity to meet with a lot of very different people and learn about a lot of subjects that you have probably not thought about before. You can also have the chance to do a lot of fun things through clubs and student activities.

Also remember, you can take it slow. When I started college, I was very, very shy. The first semester I just focused on getting used to taking classes and being away from home. Then once I was comfortable with that, I started looking into spreading my wings a little more. I made friends, joined clubs, got a campus job. I didn't move on to the next step until I was comfortable with where I was at and I reminded myself that I didn't have to do everything either. Just do what you feel comfortable with and take it one step at a time. You're gonna do great! :hug:
Thank you so much! You're similar experience honestly makes me feel a lot better with the new changes that are to come :-)

Reactions: Worndown