• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I'm looking to buy rope online. The options are between 6mm and 60mm. What do you think will be the ideal thickness? And what type of knot should I use?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivenocare
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Full or partial? If full, short or long drop?

Reactions: limone
L

limone

Student
Mar 28, 2019
I'm unsure but it'd most likely be partial

What about for partial? Would 20mm work for that to or could you go lower?
of course, a thinner rope (10-15 mm) will work well too. But thick rope means less pain and just dull pressure. Otherwise it can't be too thick because it won't constrict during partial

Reactions: Soul, phoenixx and Superfluous
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I've seen static climbing rope recommended in the mega thread, but they tend to be on the thinner side (9-11mm). Very reliable but as mentioned above, thicker may be more comfortable as long as it's not too thick. You can also place some cloth between the rope and neck to aid comfort.

Reactions: Soul, phoenixx and limone
L

limone

Student
Mar 28, 2019
I've seen static climbing rope recommended in the mega thread, but they tend to be on the thinner side (9-11mm). Very reliable but as mentioned above, thicker may be more comfortable as long as it's not too thick. You can also place some cloth between the rope and neck to aid comfort.
yeah...I'm going to use long cut-off sock to cover the rope, as a padding

Reactions: Soul, phoenixx and Superfluous
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Thank you all!

Hanging will be my backup plan if I'm unable to jump from the bridge. I'll have to hang myself at the hotel... so where would it be best to secure the rope? One idea is tyng the rope to the door handle on the oneside and then putting it over the top of the door then closing the door shut.. any other ideas?

Reactions: limone and Superfluous
Timetoleave

Timetoleave

Student
May 8, 2019
This is my rope I will be trying again later

Attachments

• FAEBD1FA-C862-4E59-AA45-6CF66DF58042.jpeg
    FAEBD1FA-C862-4E59-AA45-6CF66DF58042.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 214
Reactions: Ivenocare and Worndown
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Thank you all!

Hanging will be my backup plan if I'm unable to jump from the bridge. I'll have to hang myself at the hotel... so where would it be best to secure the rope? One idea is tyng the rope to the door handle on the oneside and then putting it over the top of the door then closing the door shut.. any other ideas?
This seems to be a common and reliable method.

phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Here's some ropes I've found on ebay. Unsure which will be best. Opinions?

11197 11196 11195 11193 11192 11191

(Will probably get more than 10m in length though just to be safe)

L

limone

Student
Mar 28, 2019
Thank you all!

Using the door is the best way. You can adjust length of rope for full suspension. It's enough to step up a chair or stool and kick it off. Another advice is to use hood or blindfold.

Reactions: phoenixx and Soul
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Using the door is the best way. You can adjust length of rope for full suspension. It's enough to step up a chair or stool and kick it off. Another advice is to use hood or blindfold.

Think I'll go with the door then (it'll be the bathroom door in the hotel). Never thought about using a hood or blindfold, its a good idea. Thanks!

L

limone

Student
Mar 28, 2019
Think I'll go with the door then (it'll be the bathroom door in the hotel). Never thought about using a hood or blindfold, its a good idea. Thanks!
It takes 10-15 seconds to black-out, even with full suspension. No reason to watch around

Reactions: phoenixx
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Reactions: phoenixx