• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
i'm planning to ctb by partial suspension hanging. i am using a necktie, tied with a slip knot, and tied to the hanging point with a simple knot (you know the one you learned when you were little just a basic knot). my hanging point is the door frame of my shower. i will open the shower door and there is a metal frame around it. i will secure the knot to the top metal bar. i have tried putting my weight on the metal bar alone, and it did not give. i also tried tying the necktie up and putting my weight on it, and it did not break. no one will be in the area for about an hour or two, which should be plenty of time. what are my odds of success? i would say maybe 70-80% probably. i have found the sweet spot and can pass out easily

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
i have found the sweet spot and can pass out easily

Wow really? I've never managed to do that.

Anyway, I don't know if neckties are the best option but last year I tried to do partial with them too.

Not sure if your plans will work 100% but I wish you lots of love and eternal peace.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Sounds like shit, tbh. Not roasting you, but it sounds like you spent 0 dollars and 0 hours of planning on the most important decision of your life.

• Yay!
Reactions: Mentalmick
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@user667 hope you have makeup to cover the bruise you're going to have on your neck. Wish you all the best.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
Sounds like shit, tbh. Not roasting you, but it sounds like you spent 0 dollars and 0 hours of planning on the most important decision of your life.
ok… so how do i improve it? i've tried to plan better but i'm not sure where to go. i've read the mega thread. i'm not sure what else to do.
@user667 hope you have makeup to cover the bruise you're going to have on your neck. Wish you all the best.
i'm sorry what? what part of my plan needs improvement or is unlikely to succeed?

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@user667 try doing a pull up with that tie on a monkey bar. Also, I the success rate for partial on this site is very low. Hope you reconsider, but at least you'll be fine if it doesn't work.

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
@user667 try doing a pull up with that tie on a monkey bar. Also, I the success rate for partial on this site is very low. Hope you reconsider, but at least you'll be fine if it doesn't work.
i see people talking about partial all the time. it seems like such a popular method. why does it fail so often? i will test the tie more to make sure it doesn't break.

T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
Do you have the ability and means to improve on this plan? I feel like the way you've described it, it's more like a method somebody desperate would do, someone stuck indoors and unable to do anything more reliable. I'm not trying to be mean or anything.. I hope it doesn't sound that way. Just I have a metal frame around my shower door and if yours is similar I feel like it's not 100% it won't bow or detach from the wall under pressure. I also feel a necktie isn't ideal. I just feel weighing up the consequences of failure/ injuring yourself badly against reliability maybe you could improve on this? But obviously that depends on your circumstances x

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
Do you have the ability and means to improve on this plan? I feel like the way you've described it, it's more like a method somebody desperate would do, someone stuck indoors and unable to do anything more reliable. I'm not trying to be mean or anything.. I hope it doesn't sound that way. Just I have a metal frame around my shower door and if yours is similar I feel like it's not 100% it won't bow or detach from the wall under pressure. I also feel a necktie isn't ideal. I just feel weighing up the consequences of failure/ injuring yourself badly against reliability maybe you could improve on this? But obviously that depends on your circumstances x
well i just don't have much access to information. like i've read all the threads but i still thought this was a good plan. i have limited access to things, but i can get some things. the problem is i don't know what i need or how to improve. like what is a better hanging point? and a better ligature? i would rather use things i have at home because it would cause suspicion if i bought things. but even if i were to buy a rope i wouldn't know what kind is best. i just need more information.

T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
well i just don't have much access to information. like i've read all the threads but i still thought this was a good plan. i have limited access to things, but i can get some things. the problem is i don't know what i need or how to improve. like what is a better hanging point? and a better ligature? i would rather use things i have at home because it would cause suspicion if i bought things. but even if i were to buy a rope i wouldn't know what kind is best. i just need more information.
Have you checked out the resource threads?

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@user667 there are ss members I speak to personally, on discord and through text who have tried partial. Even if the tie/rope/ratchet strap/support doesn't break, si usually kicks in and the person wakes up laying on the ground with a bruised neck. With partial, you can simply stand up, even if you're unconscious.

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
Have you checked out the resource threads?
yes but i'm confused because the hanging thread says that partial is a good and effective method, and that neckties are perfect for partial. and also that you need half an hour. so if i have enough time, the right ligature, and have found the sweet spot i don't know what the problem is. but i don't want to do this and fail so if there's a problem like everyone says there is i want to know.
@user667 there are ss members I speak to personally, on discord and through text who have tried partial. Even if the tie/rope/ratchet strap/support doesn't break, si usually kicks in and the person wakes up laying on the ground with a bruised neck. With partial, you can simply stand up, even if you're unconscious.
but how is this avoided? the mega thread says partial is highly effective so i'm not sure what i'm missing…