• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

forum user JJ 23/34

forum user JJ 23/34

defunct account, working on recovery
Jun 22, 2023
i will be looking to leave this site soon. even if i don't manage to leave, i wish to take this opportunity to thank all here.

thank you to those here and not here, especially: octopixie, kaze(woatsumete), tdf, dot, heart, himalayan and aunty dizzy; all of whom have or had, this year, individually and cumulatively, endured surely hundreds of hours of my ramblings like what is written here. all of you were/are older than myself (although often not by much), especially when i joined this site at 1X, jiangjingbeer, looking to be pushed over the edge, alone and in cxxx.

i was/am extremely broken and was/am extremely immature. yet despite my immaturity and our age gap, and despite having your own struggles (all of which were/are honestly much harder and deeper than mine) you offered me solace, understanding, real kindness to listen and offer support in the face of my incoherent struggling, rambling and lowest point. perhaps it is unfortunate i / we had to come to a place like this to find it, but your kindness and understanding to a insolent stranger, in the face of and in spite of our shared experience of struggle and/or mental health was truly amazing. i think at that time i really needed that, and i'd never really had that before.

i can only regret that i only see this upon reflection and as i write this, but i believe it is your kindness and this site probably saved my life (more than once), or at the very least kept me alive, this entire year. as someone who has dealt with suicidality for a number of years, i probably don't know how to feel about being kept alive (lol), but i do truly appreciate the kindness of all those here (even though i definitely didn't at the time). in retrospect, the kindness of yourselves, even if you might not see it that way, and this community, the space it can provide for those struggling, almost reaches awe-inspiring.

i think in the above, i just am trying to express how much i really do appreciate this site, and everyone here, for keeping me alive this year.

Thank You.

Though I cannot find the words, I truly appreciate it and I wish you all truly the best. I really hope you might all find peace and recovery, or just wish the best in whichever path that might be.

In the writing of this, I send peace to those passed on - octopixie, weedico, others whose names I might have forgotten. best to those hopefully recovering, "the elders of sasu" - kaze and aunty dizzy, himalyan - a rare source of reality here (and that skull lol), kyrok, lostboys, lain, fwompie, valky, spectre many others.

Special mentions for octopixie, ellie, who for some reason or just kindness, really believed and supported me at the time, i hope she has found peace and an end to her pain and hope (although i cannot promise) to repay that faith, by taking things one step at a time. for kazewoatsumete and dizzy, who were exceptionally kind to me at the time of Jun, July 2023, and talked me down from death (more than once). i truly wish them the best. to tdf, also especially kind to me at the same time, and probably the first older asian person i'd ever talked to about mental health, and having that opportunity was really helpful to me. i think you've taught me about myself, i appreciate you calling me out. i apologise if i've made you feel uncomfortable which i feel like i somehow have, that was never my intention. i wish you peace for the future. for chara, i truly hope she is well. i wonder if she inspired / hope she will inspire me as i move forward with my charity. for dot, heart, blanket (and dizzy), i wish good health for your future and hope you try the medicine i suggested (curcumin and black pepper) and for lobster and carac more recently.

i wish to express again how much i really do appreciate this site's kindnesses, and for me alive in this chapter of my life.

however, as i look to move forwards from this chapter, i think it might be best if it leave this place behind for a little while. nothing changes if nothing changes. please feel free to contact me on discord if you wish. hopefully i can return in happier times.

i truly wish you all the best, in whichever way that might be.

JJ
08/08/2024

song i listened to while writing this: optimism by jana horn
image: soppy but very beautiful poem about how i feel about what i've said here, sasu, suicidality, life, etc

@heartbroken12 @todiefor @Dot @kazewoatsumete @Dizzylady80 @Charaltontin @Octopixie @himalyan

Attachments

• EPwwgg_WkAEmSyU.jpg
    EPwwgg_WkAEmSyU.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, Redleaf1992, carac and 14 others
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Thank you, JJ. I was glad that I got to know you and I am happy to read all this. I hope you find peace and love on your journey. I am really happy and proud that you chose this path. I truly wish you all the best, I am very grateful that I got to know you. <33

• Love
Reactions: forum user JJ 23/34
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
May peace and contentment be yours on the path you follow. ❤️❤️

• Love
forum user JJ 23/34

forum user JJ 23/34

defunct account, working on recovery
Jun 22, 2023
Thank you, JJ. I was glad that I got to know you and I am happy to read all this. I hope you find peace and love on your journey. I am really happy and proud that you chose this path. I truly wish you all the best, I am very grateful that I got to know you. <33
Thank you Valky, I truly appreciate your kind words this morning. For you and I, I hope as we enter adulthood, we might find the peace, joy, success and contentment our earlier years might have lacked. I really hope your medical school goes well, may you be testament to those who also have struggled with mental health. If you're ever in UK, you've an open invitation for a drink, hike or tourist attraction. Best wishes, JJ
May peace and contentment be yours on the path you follow. ❤️❤️
You too. 🙏

• Love
Reactions: Valky and CatLvr
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
ah mate well done, I didn't think you was going to mention me and then you did :aw:

• Love
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Thank you Valky, I truly appreciate your kind words this morning. For you and I, I hope as we enter adulthood, we might find the peace, joy, success and contentment our earlier years might have lacked. I really hope your medical school goes well, may you be testament to those who also have struggled with mental health. If you're ever in UK, you've an open invitation for a drink, hike or tourist attraction. Best wishes, JJ
Thank you lots, JJ. I also wish all the best to you for your future studies but also in general. You got this. And we are always here and happy to help if you need someone. <3