SoulofSteel

SoulofSteel

Nov 20, 2023
For context I was religious (islam), and my ex girlfriend is too, and relationships outside of marriage are forbidden in this religion.

Still we were really happy together, and didn't have much issues, we both wanted a serious relationship with the end goal of marriage yet the main reason behind everything falling apart was because of outside influence mainly motivated by religion and fear...

This has caused me to despise religion because it's the reason why my anguish exists in the first place. Some of my "friends" even guilt trip me telling me how getting into a relationship was my fault etc... and that I have only myself to blame even now and should repent and all kinds of bullshit that only serves to make me feel worse and hate these beliefs even more, especially with the rampant sociopathy and hypocrisy among its believers.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: depthss, user56765567, todeswunsch and 6 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
religion is a very silly and foolish ideology some fool themselves into a religion while others don't partly to do with where your born and what culture your born into and if you was teached it from your parents, I can not take people serious in conversations if for every good thing that happens to them it follows with a, "God is good", or "I'm so blessed…" or just pray for everything, religion is dangerous because it claims to be an absolute authority and lays down moral rules backed by this claim of absolute authority. This lack of moral flexibility is not a good thing at all. We understand in some countries that being homosexual is not something to be punished. We know that adulterers should not be killed for their cheating. Societies progress, morality changes. All religions are made up nonsense. Gods are all man made. There is ZERO evidence for magical beings or supernatural anything. It's that easy. Religions are dying but cannot die fast enough.

• Love
Reactions: fxndi, user56765567, warm dreams and 4 others
sleepy10

sleepy10

Nov 24, 2023
first off I'd like to say i am so incredibly sorry you are going through this but reading your post was like a breath of fresh air i feel the same way! my religion was/is Christianity and the only reason that keeps me on this earth is because i fear God will send me to hell and even though i am currently in a living hell i heard real hell is actually worse which is almost hard to believe.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Religions are man - made control systems that brainwash people into thinking that there is a bearded asshole in the sky who will send you to hell if you don't behave yourself.

Reactions: fxndi, warm dreams, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Religions are man made. They are indoctrinated beliefs to control the masses of people by fear. This applies especially to islam imo.

Reactions: warm dreams, Darkover and WAITING TO DIE
U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
Yeah I mean I can relate, my family and the multiple church communities that they have put themselves around over the years have caused more religious trauma than anything and still do to some degree even after I stopped believing and going to their glorified fan fiction book club. It's still painful and triggering with their prayers, music, activities and behaviors that they still do at home too. Coming out of it was such a painful thing to do as I have had almost complete mental breakdowns trying to deal with this shit over the years and I mean I was so down the rabbit hole at one point that I thought I was gonna become a missionary or a preacher myself so much time wasted with studying and shit. I can understand why I was having such a hard time with letting it go especially with the fear of punishment and the criticism you get from your family it can be just downright toxic. It sucks what you have had to go through personally with your own family and the religion you were brought under.

Reactions: SoulofSteel, Darkover and Praestat_Mori
Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
Religion as an institution is perverted as everything in mans power... The idea of God is good in my opinion
.. Because if we would really be compassionate which is what god wants in the end. We could have a better world... But so many Narcs in this world and I was defeated. Eternal sleep for everyone who wants to! Lol.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori