• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C.Alder

C.Alder

🐛
Aug 17, 2023
i recently bought scalpels but now i'm worried they won't cut as well as razor blades. is there a difference and is one better for cutting then the other

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
It depends on the quality of the blade. In theory, razor blades should not be jagged like an X-acto blade. Still, neither is going to cut as well as a proper surgical scalpel.

Be careful with a proper scalpel- you can't hack and slash like one can with a razor blade or x-acto or utility knife. It will cut deeper than expected.

Angle of the blade matters a lot less with a scalpel- while you may be able to slash while holding it at an angle with another blade to keep one's self from cutting too deep, you may not find that you have the same control with a scalpel.

I've been a life long cutter- and I can say that the transition to scalpels was not good for me. I have done far more harm with them.
Be careful.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Be careful with a proper scalpel- you can't hack and slash like one can with a razor blade or x-acto or utility knife. It will cut deeper than expected.

Be careful.
This. Scalpels are meant to cut through any tissue of a human body, including nerves, muscles, and tendons, and are made to cut with ease meaning little to no pressure will cut deep. They are much sharper than razor blades to the point where you can easily do very permanent, very bad damage to yourself. Be extremely careful.

Ash

Ash

Paragon
Oct 4, 2021
Unless you're me and you buy some scalpels that promise to be sharp and are actually as useful as a banana.

Reactions: C.Alder
P

PinballWizard39

May 3, 2024
I've used razor blades for over 25 years and prefer them as I know how to 'handle' them. I work with scalpels at my job and personally I wouldn't touch them as a self harm tool purely because I wouldn't know how to 'handle' them on myself. They are sharp but in different ways to a razor - if that makes sense.

Reactions: C.Alder
ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
actually a safety razor blade is sharper (by a little) than a scalpel BUT a scalpel will be easier to handle