UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
What do you use to cut yourself? I use utility blades but I'm trying to look for something else that would allow me to cut deeper (on the first cut.)

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Scissors or knives usually

Reactions: UninformedLover
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Can I ask how old you are? Not that I judge I am just curious I used to cut when I was 15 and used whatever was available like a dull folding knife or any knife really.

clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
Eyebrow razor. Believe it or not there's some real good sharp ones you can find online that don't have the ridges. Just read the Amazon reviews and if people are replying stuff like "this got me to beans in one swipe" or "shtwt this one is for you guys" (self harm Twitter slang) then you know you're looking at a fairly sharp blade that other self harmers are using with success. These cut just as well as a double edged razor blade, however since they have handles it's way easier to apply pressure, plus you don't need to worry about your fingers getting sliced since they're one sided.

A fair warning though: if you're going to use sharper blades and go depth chasing, make sure you're at least prepared and have the proper medical supplies to bandage deeper wounds. Having non stick gauze pads, medical tape, and steri strips are a must.

• Love
Reactions: maneose and UninformedLover
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
Can I ask how old you are? Not that I judge I am just curious I used to cut when I was 15 and used whatever was available like a dull folding knife or any knife really.
I'm in my early 20's. I've been self harming (on and off) for maybe about 10-12 years now?

• Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I'm in my early 20's. I've been self harming (on and off) for maybe about 10-12 years now?
I donĀ“t get it from an adult point of view but I definitely get it from a teenagers point of view. I miss letting the point out through cutting :heart:

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I used to do it when I was a teenager. Razor blades and sometimes cut cardboard.

• Love
Reactions: UninformedLover and TheGoodGuy
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I've used knives, the blade from a pencil sharpener, razor blades, and I once used a snap-off knife. I've decided to quit sh and I don't plan on cutting anymore.

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Tore apart a safety razor. Very dull but still left scarring.

I'm 5 years clean but almost relaaped on purchasing new one sided fresh razor blades, only being stopped because it was too sharp.

Nobody here on SaSu will ever encourage you to SH, including myself. If you get caught or seriously injured to the point of emergency treatment you may be psychologically evaluated by medical professionals. This will be more likely if you purchase sharper objects to SH.

dogbreath

dogbreath

Youre not even in the hole, are you?
Feb 13, 2023
šŸ˜­šŸ˜­I used one of those craft knives. Like the hobby knives used to make collages. If I wanted a deep cut I had to apply lots of pressure,,,ended up quitting because the process of cleaning up cuts is time consuming...what do you mean I have to clean the wounds daily!?!?! Too much effort!!!I feel like its risky to use sharper objects because then u have to go to the ER šŸ˜” and they will ask questions lots of them

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I was cutting myself with razor blades. Easy to obtain, easy to sterilize, cheap and sharp. Also I could hide it in my phone case which made me feel comfy. I remember when I was 17 I was walking everyday to my job with a backpack filled with 1-2 razors, disinfectant, toilet paper and bandages lol.