Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
I don't know why I push people away when they try to help but it's honestly so easy at this point. I don't want help and I don't care if what I do to myself makes someone else uncomfortable.
I don't understand why people even care, like who cares at the end of the day.
Fuck everyone, I'll cut and starve myself if I want.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
If you don't know why you push people away, and if you really can't figure it out after thinking deeply about it, the most sensible thing to do is to see a professional therapist. A good therapist ought to be able to get to the root of your problem quite quickly. You would have to be completely honest with them though, if you want them to be able to help.

• Love
Reactions: Gloomislost
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
If you don't know why you push people away, and if you really can't figure it out after thinking deeply about it, the most sensible thing to do is to see a professional therapist. A good therapist ought to be able to get to the root of your problem quite quickly. You would have to be completely honest with them though, if you want them to be able to help.
I feel like honestly would have me locked up in some psych ward. I also don't want it to mess up my ctb plan.

• Love
Reactions: Linda
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I feel like honestly would have me locked up in some psych ward. I also don't want it to mess up my ctb plan.
You probably don't need to mention that you feel suicidal, and it might be wiser not to. But you should be honest about everything else. After all therapists can't help you unless they really understand what is going on in your head. If a therapist does ask whether you have suicidal thoughts, you could give him a half-truth, like: "I'm not suicidal but I fear I might finish up that way if I can't get this fixed". That should be enough to indicate that your problem is serious, but would not give him any cause to throw you into a psych ward.

• Hugs
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It's a byproduct of being at an age where many people are invested in you for whatever reason, I think. At 18 your parents will be very keen to see you succeed. You may also have a pretty wide social circle or people who fancy you etc.

If you make it to fossildom (like me), you can't pay people to care. So I would say enjoy the attention while it lasts, lol.

Anyway, I suppose the safest thing is to keep to yourself if you really want to follow through on any plans you may have for yourself.

• Love
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Anyway, I suppose the safest thing is to keep to yourself if you really want to follow through on any plans you may have for yourself.
I agree with this, especially when it comes to CTB plans. This is because if one (especially a mental health professional or any mandated reporter) learns/has knowledge of someone under their care that said person would imminently CTB or has potential to and doesn't act, then they could face professional and/or legal consequences (having marks on their license or professional standing, civil suits from other 3rd parties, possibly criminal charges, etc.). Even before SaSu, I've always had some level of cynicism and doubt about anyone who claims to be a professional and wants to help because I know they have the ability and authority to (temporarily) deprive me of my civil liberties and personal freedom, including locking me up against my will if I say the wrong thing or if they interpret it wrong. Hence I just avoid them altogether or if I do end up interacting with them, I NEVER mention CTB.

Also, hey fellow veteran member of SaSu! I'm also a 2018 member here.

• Love