Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Tw - r*pe

So im currently at work right. And im currently alone. im typically with my husband. This is the one time a night im alone. And its still kind of dark here. And i started having a pstd episode. My attention went from in reality to in my head and my body just kept doing what it does on autopilot. In my head the guy from my past started to follow me. And then he grabbed me and took me out behind the building i was walking to (keeping in mind externally everything is still normal with my body) and then just as he was about to r*pe me i came back to reality and my legs started shaking and my chest kind of hurts in a heavy way.

Im fine. Im back with hubby now. Just dealing with the physical stuff at the moment.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: PlushieLover, offshoreserver, Scribble Fan and 3 others
offshoreserver

offshoreserver

(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
May 13, 2019
sorry to hear about your flashbacks. PTSD is vicious. have you heard of weighted blankets? they can help with traumatic anxiety. i know it sounds scary to have something pinning you when you're flashing back, but it actually does soothe nicely much of the time. hope you're feeling a bit better now

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
sorry to hear about your flashbacks. PTSD is vicious. have you heard of weighted blankets? they can help with traumatic anxiety. i know it sounds scary to have something pinning you when you're flashing back, but it actually does soothe nicely much of the time. hope you're feeling a bit better now
well as good as i typically am thank you :hug:
i have. ill look into them. it mostly only effects me when im alone though. i dont really have a way to cope. more like just waiting, itll stop.

offshoreserver

offshoreserver

(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
May 13, 2019
well as good as i typically am thank you :hug:
i have. ill look into them. it mostly only effects me when im alone though. i dont really have a way to cope. more like just waiting, itll stop.
i understand that. have you heard of havening? there are certain parts of the body that, when stroked gently, can help with grounding and calming in flashback/anxiety situations. you can look it up, but it's mostly palms, upper arms, and face. PTSD is very difficult to cope with, but that's partly because no one ever talks about coping strategies that actually work. not that there's any magic bullet, but it's better to have a few tools that work a little bit than have no tools at all

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
i understand that. have you heard of havening? there are certain parts of the body that, when stroked gently, can help with grounding and calming in flashback/anxiety situations. you can look it up, but it's mostly palms, upper arms, and face. PTSD is very difficult to cope with, but that's partly because no one ever talks about coping strategies that actually work. not that there's any magic bullet, but it's better to have a few tools that work a little bit than have no tools at all
While ive heard of it, i didnt think about it. Thanks :)

• Hugs
Reactions: offshoreserver