• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

NikWild

Apr 29, 2024
The mere fact that psychologists exist makes me want to die. I have argued a lot in my life, and this experience has made me finally convinced that arguing with a fool = being a fool yourself. I just can't stand to watch them show their "achievements" on people so underdeveloped that sometimes it seems to me as if they were actors or biorobots programmed according to fables from psychoanalysis books. And the most frustrating thing is that in society psychology is not considered obscurantism, but science. And when another pompous psychologist (I had experience with dozens of them, some of them with crusts from prestigious universities, work experience with advanced foreign institutes and other garbage) starts typing me, it turns out that I am a walking diagnosis, and I do not fit any case. They simply can't help me, because such a circus, based only on statistics and generalization, can't be considered a science. About psychiatry I can say only one thing, at least in our country it is the same circus as psychology, most "doctors" are dumb as corks, have no critical thinking, do not ask questions about the reliability of the information they are taught in universities and refuse to openly debate with the authorities on the legalization of simply necessary drugs (for example, in Russia banned DRI and NDRI and in any type of depression, especially in state clinics, do not hesitate to prescribe SSRIs).

P.S. Sorry for the anger. I'm just really tired of this madness. Do not be alarmed by the incomprehensible symbols below, this is the text in the original language (Russian) to make it more interesting for native speakers.

А теперь для русских:
Сам факт существования психоЛОХов убеждает меня в правильности моего выбора(роскомнадзора).Я много спорил за свою жизнь, и этот опыт заставил меня окончательно убедится в том, что спорить с дураком = самому быть дураком. Мне просто невыносимо наблюдать за тем, как они показывают свои "достижения" на настолько недоразвитых людях, что порой мне кажется, будто это актёры, либо биороботы, запрограммированные по басням из книжек психоанализа. И самое обидное, что в обществе психология считается не мракобесием, а наукой. И когда очередная напыщенная психолухиня(у меня был опыт с десятками, причем некоторые с корочками из престижных университетов, опытом работы с передовыми иностранными институтами и прочей ебалой) начинает меня типировать, и выходит так, что я ходячий диагноз, при этом не под какой случай я не подхожу. Они просто не могут мне помочь, потому что нельзя такому цирку, основанному лишь на статистике и обобщении, считаться наукой. Про психиатрию могу сказать лишь одно, по крайней мере, в рашке это такой же цирк, как и психология, большинство "врачей" тупые как пробки, не имеют критического мышления, не задаются вопросами по поводу достоверности той информации, которою им преподают в ВУЗах и отказываются от открытых дебатов с властями по поводу легализации просто необходимых препаратов(например в рфии запрещены DRI и NDRI и при любом типе депрессии, особенно в гос клиниках, не задумываясь назначают SSRIs).

Last edited:
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I agree, psychology is definitely not a science. The field attracts people with more emotional/creative temperaments, which makes sense, but then they're expected to do things like diagnose. That doesn't work. Their diagnoses are based on intuition and feelings, not critical thinking. Diagnosis is hard even in physical problems but psychological problems...it's even harder. I don't think psychologists should be allowed to diagnose and it should be done by psychiatrists who all have MDs (in the states).

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I think it's important to note that your frustration with psychologists is mainly geared towards clinical psychologists/psychotherapists. There are many different types of psychologists out there, from forensic psychologists to educational psychologists. The psychologists who, at least from what I've gathered, seemed to continually fail people over and over again are mainly psychotherapists.

I agree, psychology is definitely not a science. The field attracts people with more emotional/creative temperaments, which makes sense, but then they're expected to do things like diagnose. That doesn't work. Their diagnoses are based on intuition and feelings, not critical thinking. Diagnosis is hard even in physical problems but psychological problems...it's even harder. I don't think psychologists should be allowed to diagnose and it should be done by psychiatrists who all have MDs (in the states).
Creativity is actually an important aspect to most scientific disciplines and being "emotional" isn't the opposite to being logical. Most scientists are emotional, as are most humans in general, with emotions just being an product evolution that is important in many areas of our life from decision making to human interaction. Diagnosing people isn't even something that all psychologists do because there are many different types of psychology out there.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Creativity is actually an important aspect to most scientific disciplines and being "emotional" isn't the opposite to being logical. Most scientists are emotional, as are most humans in general, with emotions just being an product evolution that is important in many areas of our life from decision making to human interaction. Diagnosing people isn't even something that all psychologists do because there are many different types of psychology out there.
I think everyone is emotional and everyone is logical sometimes, it's a matter of where you fall the majority of the time. A few people fall in the middle. I do think emotion is the opposite of logic though. OP seems to be referring to clinical psychologists like therapists.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
I think everyone is emotional and everyone is logical sometimes, it's a matter of where you fall the majority of the time. A few people fall in the middle. I do think emotion is the opposite of logic though. OP seems to be referring to clinical psychologists like therapists.
Where most people fall depends largely on context. Most people don't simply fall more on one side or the other, rather where you fall tends to fluctuate depending on what situation you are in. With that in mind, as I stated before in my post, it's important to specify which types of psychologists (or just people of any profession) you are talking about. Otherwise, whether intential or not, it comes off as though you making sweeping generalizations about something make of up many different fields.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Where most people fall depends largely on context. Most people don't simply fall more on one side or the other, rather where you fall tends to fluctuate depending on what situation you are in.
I disagree with that. I believe in a more static personality with smaller fluctuations.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
I disagree with that. I believe in a more static personality with smaller fluctuations.
Okay, and so? That doesn't mean anything. How we respond to situations is something that can change a lot depending on context. Someone talking about something that might be seen as having a more personal connection to them, for example, may illicit a more emotional response in comparison to when talking about something that is more easy to dissociate yourself from. Changes in how we respond to things can come about from a variety of factors, from how tired you are, whether you are in an emotionally vulnerable place at that time or not, temperature, etc.

I happen to have done classes for psychology along with biology and chemistry and generally there tends to be a huge overlap between students from all of those classes. A lot of the people in my ecology lab course were even having discussions on their psychology assignments while in the lab. In reality, the people who you find in psychology are not that much different from the people you find in other scientific disciplines (at least from my experience).

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Okay, and so? That doesn't mean anything. How we respond to situations is something that can change a lot depending on context. Someone talking about something that might be seen as having a more personal connection to them, for example, may illicit a more emotional response in comparison to when talking about something that is more easy to dissociate yourself from. Changes in how we respond to things can come about from a variety of factors, from how tired you are, whether you are in an emotionally vulnerable place at that time or not, temperature, etc.

I happen to have done classes for psychology along with biology and chemistry and generally there tends to be a huge overlap between students from all of those classes. A lot of the people in my ecology lab course were even having discussions on their psychology assignments while in the lab. In reality, the people who you find in psychology are not that much different from the people you find in other scientific disciplines (at least from my experience).
I don't enjoy arguing with you and don't find it stimulating or helpful. Every time you engage me it ends up being dreary and circular. I'm going to ignore you and I suggest you do the same for me. You need to learn to agree to disagree.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
I don't enjoy arguing with you and don't find it stimulating or helpful. Every time you engage me it ends up being dreary and circular. I'm going to ignore you and I suggest you do the same for me. You need to learn to agree to disagree.
Damn, what a rude response. You've got to have one hell of a superiority complex to respond to someone in such a Nasty manner...

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Damn, what a rude response. You've got to have one hell of a superiority complex to respond to someone in such a Nasty manner...
The conversation is over. Goodbye permanently. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
One one hand, I think emotions/logic can be yin/yang. If your goal is something logical, you can go through whatever crazy process, as long as the end result is logical

On the other hand, there's def a conflict between pattern-matching vs principled thinking

Hmm, you both seemed to have a collegial disagreement; from my outside observer perspective, it's unclear to me why the discussion went off the rails here

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Hmm, you both seemed to have a collegial disagreement; from my outside observer perspective, it's unclear to me why the discussion went off the rails here
Due to past interactions I no longer want to engage with this person.

Reactions: SexyIncél