• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
My psychiatrist has updated my diagnosis to treatment resistant depression because I've failed 6 antidepressants & she knows I'm still actively suicidal. She wants to try Spravato, which is an esketamine nasal spray. I've talked through the medical info with her and was just wondering if anyone here has any anecdotal information about being on it? I doubt it will actually have any effect on my suicidal ideations, but I also don't want to go on it if it could make me feel worse or numb and not able to go through with planning to ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Hotsackage and Forveleth
D

DisfiguredPsycho

May 21, 2024
It helps acute inner suffering and has well being feeling as an after effect but it subsides in a few days and you feel worse afterwards.

Source:

Been fucking with ketamine for about 2 weeks now.

Reactions: Ashu and Forveleth
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
It helps acute inner suffering and has well being feeling as an after effect but it subsides in a few days and you feel worse afterwards.

Source:

Been fucking with ketamine for about 2 weeks now.
Yeah she said I'd be taking it twice a week for the first month & then once a week after, so it wouldn't subside that much

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I have done ketamine (clinically). It can be very potent but I didn't find it to be very long-lasting. Which is why they administer it so frequently, at least in the beginning. Of course it won't fix your problems or necessarily make them easier to fix. But it's probably worth trying.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36 and ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I have done ketamine (clinically). It can be very potent but I didn't find it to be very long-lasting. Which is they administer it so frequently, at least in the beginning. Of course it won't fix your problems or necessarily make them easier to fix. But it's probably worth trying.
Thanks for the info! I feel kind of past the point of recovery, so I think I'm just more worried that it will affect me negatively. I don't want to add anymore stress onto my plate when I'm already at my breaking point if that makes sense or take away my motivation to get out of my situation. My doctor didn't mention many side effects or anything, but the meds I'm on are already making me sick & hardly able to get out of bed so 😓

D

DisfiguredPsycho

May 21, 2024
Thanks for the info! I feel kind of past the point of recovery, so I think I'm just more worried that it will affect me negatively. I don't want to add anymore stress onto my plate when I'm already at my breaking point if that makes sense or take away my motivation to get out of my situation. My doctor didn't mention many side effects or anything, but the meds I'm on are already making me sick & hardly able to get out of bed so 😓
Beware if you are prone to psychosis it can cause a psychotic mind state at times

• Informative
Reactions: ferrie and divinemistress36
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I think you should discuss your concerns with your doctor before starting this new treatment so you can feel as comfortable and confident as possible.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Sorry for your suffering. Any drug has the potential to make things worse, especially if you are already struggling with the ones you're taking. I know, at least in the US, that Spravato is approved for use in conjunction with an antidepressant, because that's how the trials were conducted. However I don't see how it makes sense to add another drug if you are not tolerating the current ones well. The psychiatric playbook consists of prescribing one thing after another, usually with little regard for negative effects, since that is all they are trained to do. In my opinion it is all entirely experimental. Whatever you decide I hope things will improve for you soon.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: aikomaxxing, Ashu, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 3 others
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Beware if you are prone to psychosis it can cause a psychotic mind state at times
Oh I wasn't informed of this, but thankfully I haven't experienced psychosis
I think you should discuss your concerns with your doctor before starting this new treatment so you can feel as comfortable and confident as possible.
Thank you for the advice. I'm definitely talking to my doctor more about it, was just hoping for personal accounts 🙏
Sorry for your suffering. Any drug has the potential to make things worse, especially if you are already struggling with the ones you're taking. I know, at least in the US, that Spravato is approved for use in conjunction with an antidepressant, because that's how the trials were conducted. However I don't see how it makes sense to add another drug if you are not tolerating the current ones well. The psychiatric playbook consists of prescribing one thing after another, usually with little regard for negative effects, since that is all they are trained to do. In my opinion it is all entirely experimental. Whatever you decide I hope things will improve for you soon.
Yeah the combination of drugs they have me on is really weird rn. I actually like the psychiatrist I'm currently seeing, but it seems like a lot of what she can do for me is limited by my health and how past psychiatrists have handled my case. I had an attempt in March that affected my heart, so they're trying not to mess with my meds until I see the cardiologist even though I'm doing poorly on them. The Spravato is contingent on the cardiologist approving it too, but she's been pushing it since I started seeing her in April. At my last appointment she said if I don't go on Spravato she wants to put me back in a day program, so I think they're just running out of treatment options 😅 Thank you for the well wishes though!!

Last edited:
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I havent done spravto but i did ketamine infusions which is a lot higher dose and sadly only helped for like a day.

Reactions: ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I havent done spravto but i did ketamine infusions which is a lot higher dose and sadly only helped for like a day.
Damn, I'm sorry to hear it wasn't helpful for you. How often were you receiving infusions?

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Damn, I'm sorry to hear it wasn't helpful for you. How often were you receiving infusions?
I did 12 . 6 treatments for 6 weeks first time then i tried again a year later another 6 treatments for 6 weeks. Spravto or infusions can help some people though so its worth a try

DeathWish3301

DeathWish3301

May 15, 2024
My psychiatrist has updated my diagnosis to treatment resistant depression because I've failed 6 antidepressants & she knows I'm still actively suicidal. She wants to try Spravato, which is an esketamine nasal spray. I've talked through the medical info with her and was just wondering if anyone here has any anecdotal information about being on it? I doubt it will actually have any effect on my suicidal ideations, but I also don't want to go on it if it could make me feel worse or numb and not able to go through with planning to ctb
My anecdotal take although it's very limited.

When I was seeing a psychiatrist at a private practice, she referred me to a different doctor for Spravado treatments.

Went to that clinic for consultation, got approved. Didn't go because it was about forty minutes away from where I was living and they required someone to take you there and pick you up after, which I wasn't able to work out.

Those two, along with a few other doctors I've seen highly recommended Spavado. They all said they've seen positive results in patients with suicidal ideation. It definitely seems to be getting more popular and mainstream as a treatment method.

According to the FDA, it's for "treatment resistant" depression; which made sense in my case because I've been on every med under the sun and they didn't do anything.

Unrelated: I can only say for sure that recreational ketamine is fun.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I did 12 . 6 treatments for 6 weeks first time then i tried again a year later another 6 treatments for 6 weeks. Spravto or infusions can help some people though so its worth a try
It's interesting that they had you at one infusion a week. I'd be starting at two doses a week for at least a month, though like you said infusions are more potent. Couldn't hurt to try I guess
My anecdotal take although it's very limited.

When I was seeing a psychiatrist at a private practice, she referred me to a different doctor for Spravado treatments.

Went to that clinic for consultation, got approved. Didn't go because it was about forty minutes away from where I was living and they required someone to take you there and pick you up after, which I wasn't able to work out.

Those two, along with a few other doctors I've seen highly recommended Spavado. They all said they've seen positive results in patients with suicidal ideation. It definitely seems to be getting more popular and mainstream as a treatment method.

According to the FDA, it's for "treatment resistant" depression; which made sense in my case because I've been on every med under the sun and they didn't do anything.

Unrelated: I can only say for sure that recreational ketamine is fun.
Thanks for the info!! I'm in a similar situation. I've failed 6 antidepressants in the past 7 years & was referred to the only psychiatrist in the area that does ketamine infusions and transcranial stimulation by my new therapist. I've heard from both my psychiatrist and therapist that they've seen good results on Spravato, just makes me more comfortable hearing from actual patients. Plus I'm more concerned with not having any negative effects than the benefits since I want to ctb lol

Last edited:
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
It's interesting that they had you at one infusion a week. I'd be starting at two doses a week for at least a month, though like you said infusions are more potent. Couldn't hurt to try I guess

Thanks for the info!! I'm in a similar situation. I've failed 6 antidepressants in the past 7 years & was referred to the only psychiatrist in the area that does ketamine infusions and transcranial stimulation by my new therapist. I've heard from both my psychiatrist and therapist that they've seen good results on Spravato, just makes me more comfortable hearing from actual patients. Plus I'm more concerned with not having any negative effects than the benefits since I want to ctb lol
If it makes you worse (which I'm personally doubtful about) or is simply neutral, well, you're already seriously contemplating suicide. But if it makes you better, then you get to have a better life.

007Bob

007Bob

May 31, 2024
Spravato is basically a modified version of Ketamine. Ketamine is an anesthesia for horses. It's also a street drug that is hallucinogenic. I heard good things from a medical literature point of view. But a friend of mine (suicidal) told me that the drug gave him extreme anxiety and that it's "shit". I would like to recommend psilocybin mushrooms to you, at least they are safe because I know it. Here is a legit source you can get your magic truffles from in Europe: http://www.shayanashop.com/. FYI: psilocybin is in phase 3 clinical trials for treatment resistant depression with the company atai. Feel free to ask me questions as I have extended knowledge of the field of entheogens because I led a pro-entheogen project back in 2020.

Reactions: Nettles and Ashu
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Spravato is basically a modified version of Ketamine. Ketamine is an anesthesia for horses. It's also a street drug that is hallucinogenic. I heard good things from a medical literature point of view. But a friend of mine (suicidal) told me that the drug gave him extreme anxiety and that it's "shit". I would like to recommend psilocybin mushrooms to you, at least they are safe because I know it. Here is a legit source you can get your magic truffles from in Europe: http://www.shayanashop.com/. FYI: psilocybin is in phase 3 clinical trials for treatment resistant depression with the company atai. Feel free to ask me questions as I have extended knowledge of the field of entheogens because I led a pro-entheogen project back in 2020.
I appreciate the sentiment & realize that you're trying to help, but I'd caution you against suggesting experimental medications to people online, especially with things like psychedelics. I start Spravato next week if cleared by my cardiologist so I can't say how it will affect me, but I know true psychedelics aren't personally helpful. Without knowing someone's case history, recommending entheogens can come across as extreme. I also undergo frequent drug testing. I'd get in a lot of trouble for doing shrooms, even if legal 😅

Reactions: Whale_bones
007Bob

007Bob

May 31, 2024
I appreciate the sentiment & realize that you're trying to help, but I'd caution you against suggesting experimental medications to people online, especially with things like psychedelics. I start Spravato next week if cleared by my cardiologist so I can't say how it will affect me, but I know true psychedelics aren't personally helpful. Without knowing someone's case history, recommending entheogens can come across as extreme. I also undergo frequent drug testing. I'd get in a lot of trouble for doing shrooms, even if legal 😅
Hear you. I just wanted to help.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I've dabbled in ketamine before. Probably the worst side effects for me personally when I took it a couple of times and others I know (who have taken ketamine repeatedly) is that it can be harsh on the bladder and cause cystitis symptoms with continued use. I'm not sure about the spravato formulation, so you would have to check and see if that is a concern with the dosage and frequency you'd be taking it.

When it comes to the k-hole itself, I can't describe it as pleasant or unpleasant, just simply different from anything you've probably experienced before. There will be patterns and pops of colour in things you haven't noticed before, the world might be a bit hazy, your overall state of mind quite "checked out" and dreamlike. It is a psychedelic, albeit not as potent as others. The pharmacology of ketamine and how it exerts anti depressant effects is not well understood yet.

I have PTSD and ketamine didn't really help that in terms of causing permanent changes that would stick, but ymmv. You may have an entirely different experience with depressive symptoms and find lasting relief. It varies from person to person. The experience of taking mind altering substances is also going to be very different if taking in a clinic or at home.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I've dabbled in ketamine before. Probably the worst side effects for me personally when I took it a couple of times and others I know (who have taken ketamine repeatedly) is that it can be harsh on the bladder and cause cystitis symptoms with continued use. I'm not sure about the spravato formulation, so you would have to check and see if that is a concern with the dosage and frequency you'd be taking it.

When it comes to the k-hole itself, I can't describe it as pleasant or unpleasant, just simply different from anything you've probably experienced before. There will be patterns and pops of colour in things you haven't noticed before, the world might be a bit hazy, your overall state of mind quite "checked out" and dreamlike. It is a psychedelic, albeit not as potent as others. The pharmacology of ketamine and how it exerts anti depressant effects is not well understood yet.

I have PTSD and ketamine didn't really help that in terms of causing permanent changes that would stick, but ymmv. You may have an entirely different experience with depressive symptoms and find lasting relief. It varies from person to person. The experience of taking mind altering substances is also going to be very different if taking in a clinic or at home.
Thank you for your reply, this was actually really helpful. My circumstances have changed a bit since I wrote the original post. I'm planning to ctb within a few weeks, so I'm not really concerned about long term effects from the Spravato. My main concern is the k-hole itself. Obviously this will differ depending on dosage & everything, but how long would you say it usually lasts? My psych wouldn't really tell me any info about that other than saying I won't be able to drive myself home from the clinic. I'm usually on pediatric doses of medication for various reasons & substances hit me HARD. Even certain strains of weed make me extremely out of it, so I'm worried about keeping myself together since they'll be starting me on doses twice a week if that makes sense?

F

FinishMe

Feb 25, 2022
My psychiatrist had me on spravato for about 10 weeks. There was very little improvement, so it was discontinued. Depression went down about 10% and SI went down about 15%. The benefits only lasted about 48 hours after each treatment though. The side effects while you are in the office during a treatment session, for me anyway, were sedation for about 45 minutes, and seeing swirls of colors followed by blurred vision, disassociation, and high vitals for another 60 minutes.

• Informative
H

hito5

May 13, 2024
Have mushrooms helped your depression/suicidal ideation? I was keen to try them this year but I tried therapeutic sessions of MDMA and LSD first and literally had no reaction. Like, I felt nothing. Which is wild. I'm afraid I'll just have the same reaction to shrooms, even a heroic dose.

007Bob

007Bob

May 31, 2024
Have mushrooms helped your depression/suicidal ideation? I was keen to try them this year but I tried therapeutic sessions of MDMA and LSD first and literally had no reaction. Like, I felt nothing. Which is wild. I'm afraid I'll just have the same reaction to shrooms, even a heroic dose.
Shrooms made me feel good but didn't solve my problems.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Shrooms made me feel good but didn't solve my problems.
Well, yeah because they don't solve your problem. You still have to put in the work to do that yourself.

keg-ireland

keg-ireland

May 3, 2024
Have you tried Lithium yet?