TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
First of all, I want to praise ExistentialGoof for his contributions to various topics and his counter-arguments against the pro-lifers and prohibitionists. However, he done goofed when he engaged with the pesky bad faith pro-lifer, u/breckenridgeback user on the reddit thread. :ahhha: In all seriousness though, personally I would not have engaged in further debate with someone who decides to turn an civil, rational open discussion into an interrogation, investigation, probe, criticism of one's own credibility or character. I would have just ended it then and there, and that's where existentialgoof made the mistake of continuing to engage with this person, breckenridgeback.

Note: This thread is not directed at existentialgoof himself, but rather the pesky pro-lifer, breckenridgeback for his ad-hominems, strawmans, and logical fallacies.

With those things addressed and mentioned, now onto the main topic of this thread. This thread isn't just going to focus on what the reddit thread is about (I just brought up the reddit thread to illustrate and support what I'm going to cover here). Instead, it's more about how pro-lifers fail to engage in a civil, rational discussion with dissenting parties by resorting to investigating, passing judgment, presumption, and even trying to dig up old threads to use as ammunition against the OP as well as other users. If pro-lifers and similar people want to have an honest, open-discussion with us, then they should focus on the argument instead of attacking our credibility, state of mind, and our character. Resorting to such lows because they have nothing to add or could not rationally refute our claims is not going to be conducive, productive, nor meaningful in terms of getting anywhere. Maybe their goal is just to continue to suppress and silence the dissenting voice and point of view (us pro-choicers), and if so, then they would be violating our rights to exercise our freedom of speech.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Euthanza
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It probably isn't worth it arguing with pro lifers in my opinion. It would just make things worse. Those types of people are annoying and their beliefs and arguments don't reflect the cruel reality of existence. I do find it hard to believe that so many people are pro life in a world where anyone can end up in the worst pain possible.

Reactions: Kawaii_Shoujo215 and ConstantPain
Kawaii_Shoujo215

Kawaii_Shoujo215

Eternal Torment of Thy Flesh-Prison
Jul 27, 2022
Honestly I completely agree with FuneralCry. Pro-lifers are very near-sighted in that they always want to convince you to live, as opposed to being open to argue sincerely.
I do find it hard to believe that so many people are pro life in a world where anyone can end up in the worst pain possible.
This may not make sense but I feel like most people are like NPCs in videogames; they don't think for themselves, instead just following a script of what they've been taught to say and believe. I legitimately believe that the average person is either half brain-dead (incapable or unwilling to think for themselves), or is quite literally a "Non-Player Character" in life, whatever that may mean (I don't personally believe that life is a simulation but it feels like it sometimes due to these "NPC"s [I generally think of life as more a hallucination, akin to a nightmare]).

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
Being alive sucks, no wonder that they can't justify it without logical fallacies.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc