yaxleyblue

yaxleyblue

Oct 24, 2023
I'm stuck between the rock and the hard place. My only close family, Mum, is in a care home, with cancer as well as other medical issues and sadly is suffering from confusion - some days worse than others. I can no longer have a serious conversation with her. I'm about to lose our local authority owned home of over 40 years and having to dispose of countless personal possessions, many with sentimental value, because the only alternative accommodation I've been offered is literally no larger than a prison cell with no space for even a single visitor to sit and enjoy a cup of tea. The costs of renting/running said accommodation will all but bankrupt me as I am single and on a low salary and I don't qualify for any financial help. So I've effectively lost everything I've ever lived and worked for. The thought of spending the next 20 or so years alone and in solitary confinement makes me feel physically sick. I have a method to ctb in mind which I hope would prove successful. I think it's the only way I can find any peace and escape the constant worrying. Spending my life alone and worrying about paying bills or if I can afford groceries is not, in my opinion, living. And I see no point in existing if there is no benefit to me of doing so. I have prepared my Will, written instructions for my funeral and made other preparations so that my affairs can be wrapped up efficiently after I've gone. I simply don't see a way out of this mess. I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, just wanted somewhere to note my feelings where others might understand.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Zhendou, locked*n*loaded, Tonkpils and 8 others
DrearyAsh348

DrearyAsh348

May 8, 2023
I'm so sorry about your mum. And I don't mean to be rude or pry but just wondering, is there any way you could go on? Have you considered all the options? Again, I am truly sorry that you have suffered such loss. Peace, friend.

Reactions: Zhendou and yaxleyblue
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What you have to go through is horrible. Life is often so unfair. šŸ«‚

Reactions: Zhendou, LostinTime24 and yaxleyblue
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hope you find peace from the suffering, existence really is too cruel.

uglyugly

uglyugly

Aug 24, 2024
I am so sorry about your mum. I lost mine 8 years ago and still am grieving every day.

I understand the thoughts about poverty. I can't imagine going through what I own and throwing most of it away because I had nowhere to go, but that day is coming. It's very depressing and I am so sorry you are in a similar situation. I completely understand not seeing a way out. It's horrible.

Whatever decision you make about ctb or not, I really hope you can find peace.

yaxleyblue

yaxleyblue

Oct 24, 2023
I'm so sorry about your mum. And I don't mean to be rude or pry but just wondering, is there any way you could go on? Have you considered all the options? Again, I am truly sorry that you have suffered such loss. Peace, friend.
There are no other options sadly. And to be honest, I can't bear the thought of spending possibly the next 20 years alone. Ctb is the only post way I can think of finding any peace. A life alone, in poverty and constantly worrying how I'll pay the next bill or afford a bag of groceries is no life at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zhendou and DrearyAsh348